Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!
Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!
First Page 2 3
By Squabble 2018-02-25 13:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

With the first two raffles completed, we're going to make some small changes for the third.

Buy In: 8M per entry
Limit 5 entries per character. 25 entries max.
Run Dates: Flexible, we can do it over a weekend or throughout a week, whichever is best for you. Our group typically plays from 6PM to 10PM Pacific on weeknights and 6PM onwards on weekends. Sunday and Wednesdays are excluded. You must be able to claim your prize during our playtimes.
/random Date & Time: 3/9/18 5:30PM Pacific in Bastok Markets by the fountain.

Rules: Funds will be traded to Squabbler leading up to our /random date. When the /random date and time come, each participants name will be called alongside the number of entries they've purchased and they will /random that number of times. Absentee participants will have their names and number called as well and in public view they will be rolled for by proxy of their choosing. Failure to choose a proxy will lead to assignment of a Voracity member. Highest /random wins.

If a tie occurs, each tying entry will /random against each other for a tie breaker. (Example: For 923 being the highest /random: Person A rolls 923 for two of their five entries and Person B rolls 923 once and Person C rolls 923 once, then the tie breaker will be Person A /randoming twice, Person B & C /randoming once each, highest winning).

Failure to attend, failure to have beads, failure to have silt for radialens', and/or gross misconduct (i.e. intentionally trying to make us fail) is subject to forfeiture of their prize.

Congratulations to our previous winners:
Gilian - Sequence
Sirtaint - Fomolhaut

-----

Is gambling not your thing? We sell clears outright as well.

Full Clear: 200M
Reisenjima HELM's: 100M For All
Individual HELM's: 20M Each
WoC or Kirin: 15M Each
Anything Else: Please contact Squabbler.
Almost all drops included. WoC Body, Kirin Sword & Belt are excluded.
Bartering will be entertained.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-25 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this not considered spamming at this point? Almost every post on the front page is to do with this group selling merc services. Could they not put it in to one post? Instead of having one post for Omen .. one for Master Trials, several for the raffles. Is there a rule about this or something?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-25 14:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna hold out to Aeonic Raffle 17 when it's 2 entries and 175m per ticket
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-25 14:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is this not considered spamming at this point? Almost every post on the front page is to do with this group selling a raffle, Omen subscription, or Master Trials. Could they not put it in to one post? Instead of making a new one for every new raffle? Instead of having one post for Omen .. one for Master Trials, several for Master Trials. Is there a rule about this or something?

I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to block all posts on asura server section from showing up on front page. Anyone happen to know if possible?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-25 14:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Is this not considered spamming at this point? Almost every post on the front page is to do with this group selling a raffle, Omen subscription, or Master Trials. Could they not put it in to one post? Instead of making a new one for every new raffle? Instead of having one post for Omen .. one for Master Trials, several for Master Trials. Is there a rule about this or something?

I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to block all posts on asura server section from showing up on front page. Anyone happen to know if possible?

Yeah I would like to know this as well. I'm sick of seeing all these posts. I know I make a lot of posts too, but at least it's for two different linkshells, or to create discussion for strategy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-25 14:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

Gonna have to put assura in the P+R section ...
[+]
By Triffle 2018-02-26 00:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol they raised the prices for the raffle tickets and the actual full clears.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 00:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for putting out the names of the people who bought their aeonic. Let the trollololololing commence.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-02-26 08:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Raised Aeonic prices plus another raffle?

[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-26 10:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to make it more complicated something like

Price of raffle ticket is tied to the Dow Jones Index

If the percentage is positive at closing bell today 2/26 add .0343 gil to cost of ticket.

If the percentage is negative at closing bell today 2/26 add .2343 gil divided by the number of users on FFXIAH .
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-02-26 23:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say these guys are great, and are a pleasure to deal with. Was able to get clears for my remaining HELMs. Waited about 5 months on my native server, so I decided to just go for it.

+1
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-02-27 01:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It sometimes stings when I pee. Do I get free entry in result?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-27 03:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*Please disregard this comment*
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-27 03:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean no matter how you slice it < 150m for a full clear isn't being "ripped off".

Higher price, less participants, ends up with the same odds.

Less people will enter, more than likely giving you /better/ odds of being the winner.

Hell it costs in the neighborhood of 8m for the total pops to build your own. It's ~2-3m for kirin and the 4 heavenly beasts pops alone.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-02-27 06:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean no matter how you slice it < 150m for a full clear isn't being "ripped off".

No, that's not true at all, yes it corresponds with the new LS price of 200M for a full clear, but that's a far cry from the value of 150M for a full clear (and corresponding % chance at) at 150M.

The price on merced items usually goes down over time, not up, unless there's deflation in the economy (Which there isn't in XI at the moment).

Since groups merc this for 150M still, can't say the raffle is the same as the average going rate anymore, it's now a worse deal than the average one.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-27 06:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell it costs in the neighborhood of 8m for the total pops to build your own. It's ~2-3m for kirin and the 4 heavenly beasts pops alone.

Free if you have synergy leveled. Not exactly challenging to farm old gods for seals to scrap either. :D
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-27 06:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »

No, that's not true at all, yes it corresponds with the new LS price of 200M for a full clear, but that's a far cry from the value of 150M for a full clear (and corresponding % chance at) at 150M.

The price on merced items usually goes down over time, not up, unless there's deflation in the economy (Which there isn't in XI at the moment).

Since groups merc this for 150M still, can't say the raffle is the same as the average going rate anymore, it's now a worse deal than the average one.

Who is doing 150 for a full?
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-02-27 06:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Us, for one, though admittedly we haven't done it in a few months (some members have been having scheduling problems), perhaps the sellers in the market have dried up, and before you call me biased as someone else who mercs, remember I called your initial raffle perfectly fair and reasonable when a lot of other people didn't.
By Taint 2018-02-27 06:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

To the ticket buyers it’s a good deal. 8mil for the chance of an aeonic in 5-6 hours.

I personally had done 3 full Aeonic clears before i won the raffle.

But we had another kid in Dec so my playtime has decreased. Buying 2 tickets was probably my beat odds of finishing another aeonic.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-02-27 06:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nothing personal, it's just math, if you value an aeonic clear at 150M instead of 200M, the tickets are paying 8M for an expected 6M of value, which isn't a good deal no matter how you slice it, now I could be wrong and no groups could be doing it for 150M at the moment, in which case prices can rise, but that's pretty unusual.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-27 07:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nothing personal, it's just math, if you value an aeonic clear at 150M instead of 200M, the tickets are paying 8M for an expected 6M of value, which isn't a good deal no matter how you slice it, now I could be wrong and no groups could be doing it for 150M at the moment, in which case prices can rise, but that's pretty unusual.
We have a few on Odin doing it for 150 mil
By ryson 2018-02-27 07:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised they have time with all people they must have lined up for their reasonably priced master trials lmao
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-27 10:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Free if you have synergy leveled. Not exactly challenging to farm old gods for seals to scrap either. :D

It still costs 3m -regardless- how you obtain said scraps.

You could have sold them instead, this is called opportunity cost.

It still costs you the value of the item, even if you're to stupid to understand why.
By Squabble 2018-02-27 10:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

On Asura, we were the cheapest at 150m, 200m ties us with the second cheapest and we're still willing to negotiate on the price. As for the raffle price changes, I'm just trying to find a balance between participation and our earnings. We basically sold a full clear for 60m and 51m respectively, but we really need it to be over 100m to justify taking a second leech through at the same time. So this raffle we increased the entry fee, lowered the total entries and freed up the time requirements so we can run on days better suited for the winner. I'm sure more tweaks will come in future raffles until we strike a tenable arrangement.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-02-27 10:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The hell, you guys increased prices and are more expensive for every clear. Someone needs to talk to your marketing department.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-27 10:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

On Asura, we were the cheapest at 150m, 200m ties us with the second cheapest and we're still willing to negotiate on the price. As for the raffle price changes, I'm just trying to find a balance between participation and our earnings. We basically sold a full clear for 60m and 51m respectively, but we really need it to be over 100m to justify taking a second leech through at the same time. So this raffle we increased the entry fee, lowered the total entries and freed up the time requirements so we can run on days better suited for the winner. I'm sure more tweaks will come in future raffles until we strike a tenable arrangement.
I feel the raffle deals are sweet. Keep up good work.
By Squabble 2018-02-27 10:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
The hell, you guys increased prices and are more expensive for every clear. Someone needs to talk to your marketing department.

More expensive than who?
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-02-27 10:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »
Asura.Smoky said: »

More expensive than who?

Jimmynguyen/Limitedx, does Reisenjima HELMs mainly. WoC/Kirin normally 10mil clears. I mean the rest is pugable. Yea those prices are increased compared to others. The raffle is fine for 10 mil even.
By fonewear 2018-02-27 10:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll beat all the NM in the entire game for:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-27 11:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »