Max Theoretical DPS?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Max theoretical DPS?
Max theoretical DPS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 20:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
Actually that's what you said. And I was agreeing with you until you said THAT. Which was FALSE.

And it's true. Those people never, ever, actually state how their reaching this "capped attack". It's just assumed, then they use a setup that's not capable of doing that, like RUN's as the only DD's fighting for an hour, or even ten minutes. Bog / Ecliptic is only on the next bubble, and that bubble only lasts the duration of Dematerialize because if its worth worrying about capped attack then it's capable of eating bubbles every fifteen seconds or so. Hell even your DRG, which is a seventh member who only appears for the JA then vanish's from the fight, Angon is only 90s out of 3 minutes.

There is a reason a "melee zerg" has to be over with so fast.

You don't keep stacking the debuffs after you've reached cap, you spread them out so you can stay at cap. That much should have been implied.

That makes zero sense at all. You just used the Chewbacca defense

When did I ever, even once, discuss stacking defense down past cap. That was 100% in your own mind as you attacked a fictional version of my statement, aka the strawman fallacy.

No, but your implication was that with the bubble "Dying in 15 seconds" (which can happen, but doesn't happen often, especially since you can press ALT while putting down the Bubble and put it behind all the conal attacks.) and saying that angon is only half time on half time off, you ignored this:

1) Even among the T4's, not all of them have above 4000 defense.
2) Super revitalizers and Random Deal can reset BoG/Ecliptic and Angon several times within one fight
3) If you take longer than your total duration of defense nerfs to kill one of the T4's (or at least any of them that it makes sense to use melee on) Then your group is just set up sub-optimally. You can easily clear faster than that even on Schah where you're actually having to wait for his adds. (because his adds have less defense than he does, you don't even need BOG for those aside from the Mantri)
4) Even though you can't ride them ALL the time, Bolster and SV are still a thing. They can be used with everything else used afterward as stopgaps to keep things going smoothly. (except of course on Schah where you would save it for him)

It can be done even with people that have sub-optimal gear, even using BLU and other sub-optimal DD's.

So the conclusion there is one of the following:

A. You didn't know that (Doubtful)
B. You didn't really understand what I meant (Possible, but doubtful)
C. You're an unapologetic *** that can't admit when he's wrong.

Again, let me remind you what you actually said.

Quote:
So every time you hear someone mention "capped attack" on anything longer then a minute or two, they are talking out their ***.

Since bolster exists, and lasts 3 minutes, you're automatically wrong, but lets continue anyway.

That is simply not true. Just accept it already. You are a good player, I'm not doubting that but you can still be wrong. Between use of multiple BoG, Multiple Ecliptic attrition (which can be used seperately to hit cap, also) multiple RD's, and Multiple Angon, there is no reason to not be at PDIF cap aside from being too *** lazy to run back to the goblin between pops. In truth you could stay at PDIF cap on just about anything well in excess of 5 minutes.

Also, just as a side fact. Did you know there is another logical fallacy, called the "Argument from fallacy" which is when you assume that your position must be correct, and your opponent's must be wrong simply because you could point out there was a fallacy somewhere within it?

I also think it's amazing how you complain about a straw man after quote mining multiple times, and misrepresenting what I said in the first place.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 20:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the thread that never ends
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-23 21:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 1 was the thread hitting Boost.
Then there were the middle pages of delay, with everyone trying to hash out what exactly theoretical meant and which buffs would be used and when.
And now... Now... Well, we've been hit by the trolls and the derails but it still isn't as impressive as we were hoping. But Carebear stares are awesome anyway.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 21:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
This is the thread that never ends

It ended for most of us on page 1 but the bickering goes on !

Oh their gonna emo rage quit in a bit, it's fun *** with people when they get super emotionally invested in pixels.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-23 21:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Should be easier to track down at least. Thanks. ^^

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Full_Break
I'm only curious in whether Garland of Bliss is 100% AE rate due to being a magical ws. I know Full Break is not 100%, and that each debuff can resist separately.

Shattersoul can be nice if no other sources of MDB- is available, but BST alone has 2x pets that can do MDB-25, so that would be the better option for maxing out damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 21:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only curious in whether Garland of Bliss is 100% AE rate due to being a magical ws.

Infernal Scythe is not 100% and it's magic.

Shattersoul can be nice if no other sources of MDB- is available, but BST alone has 2x pets that can do MDB-25, so that would be the better option for maxing out damage.

It was CP party and I was CPing PLD lol. I come up with wonky stuff to do during CP, keeps things interesting.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-24 00:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only curious in whether Garland of Bliss is 100% AE rate due to being a magical ws.

Infernal Scythe is not 100% and it's magic.

It was CP party and I was CPing PLD lol. I come up with wonky stuff to do during CP, keeps things interesting.

GoB was also claimed to be 100%.

I like wonky. Wonky = fun, 93% of the time. That last 7% includes wonkiness like dropping WoC off the island and the alliance being unable to target it unless already engaged... Which was not fun, but was interesting. XD
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-24 06:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I like wonky. Wonky = fun, 93% of the time. That last 7% includes wonkiness like dropping WoC off the island and the alliance being unable to target it unless already engaged... Which was not fun, but was interesting. XD

Or finding Byakko already up just chilling at a spawn. We popped WoC and Byakko activated, so we had to contend with both! I have a screenshot in my profile, I think.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-02-24 10:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it's fun *** with people when they get super emotionally invested in pixels.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-24 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I had never seen that screaming cowboy before. I can't believe I missed that. Nor can I believe it is real. Thanks for the laughs!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-24 14:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i can max dps your mom

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]