BiS Chango Hybrid/DT sets
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-02 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all:

Since Chango seems to be the most common GA. Can anyone post BiS hybrid and full DT sets for this weapon?

Thanks in advance!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-02 10:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Love him, hate him, somewhere inbetween, Saevel generally knows his stuff when it comes to WAR. Below is a link to his equip set titled,
"WAR DT Set - Body is path B, legs are path D."
ItemSet 353466

Ejiin is beyond awesome and below are some equip sets he has made available for all. The dates next to them are lies--they are definitely current, or more current than the date states:
"Warrior -DT Hybrid - Dark Ring: -6% PDT, -4% MDT. Darkness + Black Earring: -4% PDT total. 2/26/2015."
ItemSet 272266

"Warrior -PDT - 2/26/2015."
ItemSet 236360
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-02 10:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic. Thanks a bunch CW and ty gents for your analysis on the sets.
By geigei 2018-02-02 10:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the difference between chango dt set and any other weapon dt set?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-02 10:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravura offers -DT. Chango offers STP+10. Conq offers multi-hit. ?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-02 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's basically Bravura or whatever else. Chango is just an awesome GA, but its Hybrid needs would be the same as any other weapon but Bravura.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-02-02 11:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The store tp on the great axe itself influences various STP slot options to maintain X-hit, freeing up more lucrative DT slots
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-02 13:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

guess I should start putting my hybrid set together on war
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-02 14:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

By fillerbunny9 2018-02-02 15:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

just as a bit of an aside, what's the general opinion on the "best" -DT body piece (knowing that ***'s situational)? I tend to just use Tartarus myself, and have an NQ Souveran body as well as Chozo. Coselette for +Refresh.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-02-02 15:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that would depend on whether you are tanking and benefit from the HP/Cure received vs the extra MDB/possible magic absorb.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [201 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 07:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to revisit. Been working on sets with dynamis in mind and mages are silenced. What should be changed? Example (swap rings for 2 moonlights?)

Hybrid Warrior with Chango

ItemSet 360783

Below stats are all in town (no buffs)

2664 HP
1182 accuracy
1448 attack
1367 defense
28% haste
38 Double Attack
5 Triple Attack
3 Quadruple Attack
-50 Damage Taken
No x-hit change (3hit+ws)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-22 08:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad idea to do anything remotely dangerous by dropping MEVD. Hitting 50% PDT is really easy (MDT will cap out naturally due to Shell V) with many options that don't rob your WHM's barspell power. Stuff like Arke only works well when your cleaving trash mobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 08:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bad idea to do anything remotely dangerous by dropping MEVD. Hitting 50% PDT is really easy (MDT will cap out naturally due to Shell V) with many options that don't rob your WHM's barspell power. Stuff like Arke only works well when your cleaving trash mobs.

In our dynamis runs, we pull mages silenced, magic is never a thing. Trying to maximize DMG on enemies where physical damage is the problem.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-08-22 12:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Off named volte named NMs on w3 are incredibly hard to silence. The fetters aoe magic and magic ws the enemy may use. Mijin etc all make arke not that great an idea if we’re talking strictly w3
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 12:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Im usually whitemage to dynamis, I know every group differs, but our RDM silences everything, and bar spells + accession/regen4 make fetters a joke? (besides light/dark)

Am I missing something? A case can be made for AoE weaponskills, but outside of that? I even melee on whm because things aren't dangerous lol
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-08-22 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That arke is not as great as it looks?

Never said they can’t be silenced it’s difficult tho to silence the off named NMs that guts fetters. I always go rdm have bis magic accuracy Enfeebling for all spells and it still takes a hand full of tries before I can land it
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the argument that Souveran should be in the arke spot?
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-08-22 12:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument is that you came here looking for advice and given your example of mages being silenced then yes arke is useful. But, monitoring when the enemy is silenced to specifically use arke in your set does seem like a hassle I wouldn’t personally put myself in the position to have to worry about at all and again personally opt out of using arke in my sets unless as saevel said I was cleaving trash.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand. I'm looking for BiS physical mob hybrid set. My gearswap auto swaps into full turtle for nasty things. Im trying to maximize my output while staying alive :)
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-08-22 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Then the answer is yes arke is a great option

Edit : I think it depends on what you expect when fighting a particular enemy for the moonlight ring swaps like w2 bosses aoe and such

I’m my samurai hybrid I’m capped pdt and mdt (shell v) with 1257 Accuracy and superb meva from kendatsuba. It’s usually what I ride from w2 boss through w3. I wish I could stack more hp like moonlight ring on it though ☹️
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 13:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would more HP be recommended over things like melee stats? I would lose Niqmaddu ring but gain HP/Acc/Store TP (not that tp gains and xhit)
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-22 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 359837

This is what I use. I don't put x-hit and just fill as much DA as possible.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 13:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your HP value at?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-22 14:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 3k. Can't remember but the rings added a lot.

I do switch to WS gear for WS so the HP would be moot though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-22 16:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF does silence have to do with anything...

TP moves have additional effects ... like stun and paralyze. Stun spam is the worst inside Dynamis because virtually all of the regular mobs have some sort of additional effect stun move. MEVD reduces the average time the player is stunned, either through out right resisting it or by hitting a partial resist for a fraction of the time. This applies to all content, dangerous stuff usually has dangerous TP moves with things like Stun, Amnesia, Terror, Petrify, Paralyze, Slow and so forth. Many of those can be countered by applying the appropriate barspell and / or carols. 1 elemental resist = 1 MEVD, and -1 MEVD is the same as -1 to all elemental resists.

In my DT set (they are all hybrids on WAR) the body and legs are worth 169 MEVD, which is functionally the same as +169 elemental resist to all elements. By choosing to be a ***, the OP will inflict themselves with -169 MEVD debuff.

Asura.Nuance said: »
Then the answer is yes arke is a great option

Arke is terrible for anything dangerous, it's great for AoE fell cleaving trash mobs. WAR has access to a huge variety of gear options for reaching 50% PDT / 24% MDT, there is no need to inflict yourself with such a huge debuff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-22 18:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. If a war is finding himself in need of a hybrid set then it usually mean either the tank is dead or somehow can't keep hate or he is subject to a fair bit of AOE and he can't use full DT set.

The 1st two cases mean things are probably bad enough that I think the extra HP and accuracy would be worth more for a war to turn into a sudo tank for a while than bits of evasions.

The last one is were I think the meva and mdb would be useful. MDB more than meva as it is fairly noticable if you go full arke. If just the body then I don't think it's enough to warrant something else.

I don't give much credit to meva because if you're fighting something dangerous enough then you probably not evading much. However, if you are fighting something not that strong the extra DT wouldn't be needed and I would use a lower DT set with more DD power.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-08-22 18:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hybrid sets are necessary on all melee jobs if you plan on doing high end content. For things like Dynamis, there is a lot of nasty AoEs and you should not be meleeing in your regular tp set.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-22 21:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
The 1st two cases mean things are probably bad enough that I think the extra HP and accuracy would be worth more for a war to turn into a sudo tank for a while than bits of evasions

It's not "just a bit of MEVD", Magic Accuracy works in a very similar way as melee accuracy with it having a significantly lower growth rate. 1 MEVD = 0.5% resist rate, thus -169 MEVD is -84.5% initial resist rate. When coupled with barspells, and later carols (higher level content) or attunement, you can effectively mitigate status ailments. If a set of mobs does amnesia, then you stack 230 fire resist from Barfire with Baramnesia (seperate check) and normal MEVD from gear and suddenly amnesia happens less frequently and when it does get through, will last for less time due to failing subsequent resist checks.

If a certain set of mobs like to spam TP moves with additional effect stun, like say every god damn thing in Dynamis D, then Barthunder and normal MEVD is an immense help in reducing that effect.

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I don't give much credit to meva because if you're fighting something dangerous enough then you probably not evading much.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Evasion

Then you don't understand how MEVD/MACC works, probably don't bother with barspells either. For a long time a bug enabled GEO to exploit MEVD's lower scaling to completely shut down status ailments on all content. They also allowed mages to nuke unresisted with minimal buffing by exploiting the same effect but in reverse. Magic Accuracy scales at a much lower rate then physical evasion (~30 per level after 99) causing monsters to have several hundred less MACC then they do normal accuracy, which places the vast majority of fights within the range where MEVD stacking is useful.

All players have 373 base MEVD at level 99, gifts give WAR another 36. Then gear adds more MEVD and finally elemental resists get added. As long as the player doesn't do something stupid like wear Arke or TP in Argosy they can hit past 50% initial resist rates with just a barspell.
First Page 2