Rhapsodies Stuck, Help!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rhapsodies Stuck, help!
Rhapsodies Stuck, help!
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Alliam
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-05 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried everything before asking but I don't know what else to try. I am stuck between 2-9-4 Uncertain Futures and 3-1-1 Darkness Beckons.

It's just a matter of cut scenes I know and I did the one in Norg to finish 2-9-3 and my understanding is after that (I did receive the Rhapsody in Mauve KI) I need to zone into a starting city with a MH to receive my next KI of Song of Hope but nothing happens.

I don't see anything anywhere of any other pre-requisite or another task so I am confused as to where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will happily admit a lack of intelligence if it is something strikingly "in my face" easy but I am currently at wits end.

Thanks in advance.
By Squabble 2018-01-05 16:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you actually going to a zone with a MH and not a place like Metalworks? And have you double checked to see if you haven't already received the cut scene and weren't paying attention and already have the KI? Hell, I'd've tried to enter Reisenjima to see if you just were a zombie during the whole process.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-05 16:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of ROV have problems if you are on certain missions with WOTG etc. I had that problem on a mule and was stuck on a certain mission. I messed it up on my mule and had to delete it actually...
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-05 16:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm WoTG complete (Actually all City missions, ZM, CoP, WoTG, and ToAU completed) I have checked all my KI (Permanent and Temporary), I did try to go to the crystals to do 3-1-1 but nothing happens. I am not Seekers complete though...

I have tried entering all three cities from every outside zone to zone into the one with MH. I keep thinking maybe I did it and missed it but if that was the case I would be able to continue on to the next mission but can't.
By fonewear 2018-01-05 16:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea if you haven't done some of the Seeker Missions it could be holding you back.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-01-05 17:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Yea if you haven't done some of the Seeker Missions it could be holding you back.

This is probably the likely answer, I'm not sure if all of the different mission interactions are recorded on the wiki's.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2018-01-05 17:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked SE's list, it doesn't seem to be on there either.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47983-What-should-I-do-if-I-can%E2%80%99t-progress-in-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel

If you aren't already, maybe try vanilla PoL? I've seen some wiki's mention that windower/ashita can break certain CS'.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-05 17:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Which missions does your quest log say that you are currently on? It sounds like it is probably the gross SoA dailies which are holding you back. Refer to this website as the best guide for RoV missions:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Missions
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2018-01-05 19:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The SoA mission/coalition block is at RoV 3-4. where one of my mules is stuck at.
Fenrir.Alliam said: »
I did try to go to the crystals to do 3-1-1 but nothing happens
As in it doesnt even give the option of going to sea? (Al'Taieu)

Just for clarification, you are checking the Dimensional Portal and not the Telepoint Crystal or that other one that takes into Promyvion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-05 19:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It does give me the option to go to sea

Gonna try vanilla and see what happens
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-06 08:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't vanilla, going to try to work on Seeker missions to see if that does anything. I looked at the link for RoV and there were not any hold up characters between the two missions so maybe it's story from SoA.

Thanks for the info and I'll keep trying!
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2018-01-06 13:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished getting 2 new mules for rov access i had to go do up to 2-7-1 on aldoulin missions and i was able to complete rov. Hope that helps.
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-06 23:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know thanks! That must be it, I haven't done SoA yet, I think I am only on 1-8 so I'll turn focus onto there.

Thanks again!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 11:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know thanks! That must be it, I haven't done SoA yet, I think I am only on 1-8 so I'll turn focus onto there.

Thanks again!

Then yeah, that's probably the issue. For RoV 3-4, you need SoA 1-7 done. For RoV 3-8 you will need at least SoA 2-7-1 done (BG-Wiki). So basically, do up until 2-7-1 and you will be good with SoA, of course then you need to do RoZ missions, but that's a problem for another time lol.

References:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_3-4

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_3-8
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-09 13:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on "Behind the Sluices" right now but still don't have access to complete RoV 2-9-4 (Town with MH entrance cutscene).
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on "Behind the Sluices" right now but still don't have access to complete RoV 2-9-4 (Town with MH entrance cutscene).

RoV doesn't have a subsection of mission 2-9.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_2-9

I think you mean SoA mission 2-7-1. That mission should be able to be soloed with trust, but you can always /yell for help if needed.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_2-7-1
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-10 10:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

RoV doesn't have a subsection of mission 2-9.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_2-9

I think you mean SoA mission 2-7-1. That mission should be able to be soloed with trust, but you can always /yell for help if needed.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_2-7-1

RoV 2-41 is where I'm stuck, sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, I've tried soloing "Behind the Sluices" with trusts, I am 0/3, gonna need help on that one. I'll probably try tonight to see if anyone can jump on and assist. On Fenrir if anyone here will be on tonight.
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-12 08:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm really confused, I am all the way up to SoA 3-5 "Beauty and the Beast" and still no CS for RoV 2-41 "Uncertain Futures".

Tried vanilla again and progressed in SoA (which I am just going to keep on doing but not progressing in RoV is bugging me) so I am confused again.

Any more suggestions?
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-20 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So now I'm on SoA 5 and I still can't get the darn RoV 2-41 CS to activate and it hasn't already done it (No KI in my inventory and no access to Reisenjima).

Tried vanilla too, losing my mind over something this simple I'm sure
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-01-20 16:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you check and see if you have Prishe II Trust and Tenzen II trust? I got stuck on Rhapsodies once and what had happened was I had full inventory and couldn't get the trust reward, had to backtrack and watch a CS again to get the trusts and move on. No idea if this is what's happening to you, but maybe?
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-24 08:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have Tenzen II but not Prishe II (I think, I'll double check when I get home today). My inventory is currently 10/80 so I have the free space but still nothing happening.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2018-01-24 10:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/4fwqtd/rhasodies_of_vanadiel_requirements/
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-01-31 08:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I also just looked into the Trusts you mentioned. I completed the quest but don't have Prishe II nor do I have the Cipher.

Anyone know how to reacquire that? Not sure where it went, if I accidentally dropped it or what.

Thanks again for all the help
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-31 08:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a Mystic Retriever you can tag in Port Jeuno (F-8) that should give it to you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2018-01-31 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible your cutscene got screwed up, there is usually a "shiny spot" on the ground, near the MH entrances usually, try clicking on that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-02-01 18:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wrong, I do have Prishe II so that wasn't it. Currently going back through all the steps to find where my hold up is. I'm sure it will turn out to be something small but so far I have tried everything I can think of and everything on all the links submitted with no luck.
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-02-16 22:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Now really confused. SoA complete and still no CS when entering a starting city while on Uncertain Futures (RoV 2-41).
By Nyarlko 2018-02-17 00:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Double check your perm KIs for "Song of Hope". If you have it, you should be able to move on. I don't remember that particular cs being very long, so entirely possible for you to have missed seeing it, and the missions don't always move forward until you are actually ON the next one.
 Fenrir.Alliam
By Fenrir.Alliam 2018-02-17 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Checked and double checked,don't have the KI

Wentto the DP and only end up in Sea. Went back to Norg and that's not it either.

I'm sure I must have an NPC locked up somewhere but I have no clue who or how to unlock it.

As of last night I have all content completed (the three cities, ZM, CoP, ToaU, WotG, and SoA).
By Nyarlko 2018-02-17 08:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Have Arciela (1, not II) trust?
First Page 2