Forum » FFXI » General » Yet another "thinking of coming back" thread
Yet another "thinking of coming back" thread
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-12-15 07:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i have been on and off ffxi over the last few years admittedly life just has me busy. the last time i tried getting into ffxi was a hoot and loved every bit of it. however i was stuck at a point where i wasn't equipped enough for endgame and couldn't get any more gear because it was all "endgame" my question was did they manage to resalve the issue where a returning player can at least participate in the higher end content in some way?
back in the day you could at least sit on the side lines and be swapped in or on add control. not just told "there isn't enough room and you won't be able to contribute enough" i hope this is no longer an issue. would like to come back!
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing we can write that will convince you one way or another. Just come back try it out if you don't like it you can always quit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-12-15 08:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
There is nothing we can write that will convince you one way or another. Just come back try it out if you don't like it you can always quit.
Second this.
[+]
By axetofall 2017-12-15 08:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You can convince by the power of ***
[+]
By DaneBlood 2017-12-15 08:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i just returned with my wife a couple months ago.

we are looking for some 1-2 regular player to team up with for static/gear getting etc

If you want to change server to Phoenix, You can team up with us.

We are currently working on her tizona but about to be done. but otherwisw we are working on
- ambuscade gears
- im working on knocking out missions since istarted a new charactet. as well as getting my emp weapons ready for audolin stage
- Skirmish gear/weapons,
- still getting ready for omen runs and vagary
- escha NM is next thing for us as well
By nashred 2017-12-18 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not know when the last time you played, We just came back too but played for a bit last year.

They added sparks gear which brings you up pretty fast...
There is skirmish which is another way to get end game gear which is supposed to be not too bad even for solo.
We have been upgrading our AF gear to 119 with sparks and the other pieces to fill in with skirmish. We are just starting skirmish.. This can get you 119 stuff but you can take the gear even farther.

But you know how this game has been.. Allot depends on who you play with otherwise they want the best gear or certain jobs. I think it is worse now than ever because groups are more tight than ever. some of these people have been playing together for so long and do not want new people.

Most of the end game content can be done with different jobs and not all best in slot gear if you can find the right people. The group I used to play with loved low manning or doing this with less gear or odd jobs. We took pride in finding ways to get stuff done that others would do not do or could not do. There still are people out there like this but It seems harder now.

I would think it would be opposite. You would think since the game is on a slow death people that played the game would take new or returning players under their wings. The more people who play the longer the game survives. Plus since not as much new content is coming out they would have more time to help those returning players out.

Nobody should ever look to be carried though. Get the 119 gear so you can at least contribute and go from there. You can get the bare minimum 119 gear solo now or if you can find help or someone else at the same level it will be easier.

We thought about moving to Asura. It is busy and supposed to be easier to find people to play with. We have talked to people who have moved there and some have said it is now overcrowded and even though there are allot more people it is harder to find people doing more endgame stuff. Too bad there was not another server N.A. people were also moving to to help alleviate the pressure on Asura and give those looking for more populated server to go to...
By Afania 2017-12-18 11:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
i have been on and off ffxi over the last few years admittedly life just has me busy. the last time i tried getting into ffxi was a hoot and loved every bit of it. however i was stuck at a point where i wasn't equipped enough for endgame and couldn't get any more gear because it was all "endgame" my question was did they manage to resalve the issue where a returning player can at least participate in the higher end content in some way?

You can if you play roll only cor, whm, geo.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-12-19 20:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Danz said: »

You can if you play roll only cor, whm, geo.

iv hopped on cor a few times to do simple rolls but most LS mates had mules that could simply do the same task with no effort. its not exactly "usefull" i might take up geo....