Returning After 4 Years Away.....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning After 4 years away.....
Returning After 4 years away.....
By Darcc 2017-12-09 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All

Returning player here (Soothsayer on Fenrir, forgot the log in so I have to re-verify) and I'm trying to figure everything out again. Was hoping maybe I could get some guidance for what I should prioritize now after such an extended break. I know there have been several changes, the last time I played people were barely beating Tojil in Delve. Now there are trusts and other things like warp points or something? You can enter dynamics indefinitely apparently? A little overwhelming but I'm just looking to have some fun with the game again. So my plan is to power up Blu since I know I'll be soloing a lot of content since the player base has dropped off. Where do I start? I'll probably farm an Almace but I believe my gear is probably severely outdated. Thanks to anyone who can provide some help!

If you're on Fenrir and have an Ls that could use a new casual let me know.
By Darcc 2017-12-09 12:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I also got Windower installed again, but not sure what all plugins I should be using.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2017-12-09 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say check out these:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Darcc 2017-12-09 14:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I could probably do that, but I have no clue what Ambuscade is. Or how to get to it. lol

I guess being gone for so long there is a lot to process
By Kodaijin 2017-12-09 15:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade is an event based in Mhaura that has 2 battles. Version 1 and Version 2. Version 2 is easier but less reward points. Version 1 is harder and more reward points. There is a taru next to a book to initiate the quests. The battles change monthly on the 10/11th day of the month.
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2017-12-09 20:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks (I'm OP, finally verified)

I'll have to look into doing those. Just curious, hopefully this isn't too frowned upon with the low population, but do people still use clipper or whatever it's called for GM mode, etc?