Can Somone Remind Me What Are Good Trust Combos?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Can somone remind me what are good Trust combos?
Can somone remind me what are good Trust combos?
 Asura.Tanardin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2017-11-11 02:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played in a year and a half. Back for the free campaign and cant for the life of me remember what trusts were good.

I have nearly all of them except for August and the others you get from that fight and the arc angels.

If someone could tell me a few combos for different situations that would be awesome. Thanks! Oh, and my main class is Corsair.
 Cua
By Cua 2017-12-01 00:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure as Cor.

What I can tell you as melee DPS I use:

Iroha II, Zeid II, Amchu, Koru-moru, Cornelia.

Capped spell haste with that set up!
 Bismarck.Jdeep
Server: Bismarck
user: jdeep
By Bismarck.Jdeep 2017-12-01 01:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately for unity nm and apex mobs I've been using :
Noillurie + Iroha II + Cornelia + shantoto II=
light every 15 to 30 seconds and double light if lucky (shantoto II using final exam).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-12-01 03:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally use Excenmille [S] for the 3 minute ATK/MAB bonus, Ulmia, Joachim, Shantotto II, and Apururu. Gets me to capped accuracy for pretty much anything, capped delay reduction, heals, SCs, and MBs. You're COR though, so idk what you'd want to slot in for the BRDs.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-01 03:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As a returning corsair, you'd probably want to use the leveling combo below for farming in Reisenjima
...because you're probably not going to be doing much else unless you're absolutely incredible on cor and plan on subscribing again.

Seeing how this thread went unanswered for almost a month, it looks like we're just hi-jacking it into a general trust thread for everyone else.

AAEV, Kupofried, Iroha II, Shantotto II, Yoran for leveling.

AAEV, Amchuchu, Cornelia/Joachim, Koru, Yoran for soloing merit avatar prime fights.

AAEV, Corn/Joach, Seltheus, Koru, Yoran in that particular order for safely soloing Quetz. If you're not cool enough to be a dragoon, swapping AAEV for Uka Tothlin is np. The only issue here is trying to chain faster than AAEV/Seltheus/Uka *** up your skillchain. That and you're going to be tanking for about twenty minutes solid.

The order in which trusts are summoned is kind of a big deal.

Trion, Curilla, Adelheid, Maat, and certain others like Rosulatia, depending on day/time/weaponskills/magic elements, are Abyssea proc champs.
Unfortunately, AAHM ruins the ***out of everything with 10k CDCs instead of spamming ninjutsu.

Say, for example, you were farming the hell out of Shinryu on thief and it was 6:00-14:00.
An ideal setup may look something like AAEV, Shikaree Z, Semih Lafina, Qultada, and Yoran.

AAEV, Corn/Joach, AATT, Koru, Yoran for soloing orb fights, or multiple targets that need slept.

Kupofried, Corn/Joach, Koru, Yoran, Qultada for four/five stepping the ***out of Apex mobs.
If you're able to tank them with trusts.

AAEV/AAHM, Kupofried/Tenzen II, Iroha II, Koru, and Yoran is a good combo for soloing Apex mobs on summoner.
However, waiting for trusts to skillchain for summoner bursts is like waiting for the cold hand of death to sweep you from the face of the earth.

(There's clearly a theme here.)

Some trusts have unique issues that will likely never be fixed.
For example:

Yoran will always try to run like 20y away from any mob that attacks him; which may sometimes lead to him never stopping and never healing.
Same with Tenzen II; his AI will attempt to stand at true range and may bug out in a way that prevents him from attacking until you disengage and re-engage.

The hit-box issue with large wyrms:
AAEV and August may never stop moving, making it almost impossible to use trick attack on them.
Naga Raja's hit-box can cause Yoran to run into an area of the arena that will line-of-sight him from your party, causing him to not heal or use -na spells properly.

Always engage giant wyrms directly from the side with trusts, especially Ouryu; where you'll want to arc around his aggro range to the right of the arena until you hit a point where he engages and starts spinning his entire model. When this happens you need to carefully sidestep to the left while locked on until he spins back to his original position and then close in on him. You may need to disengage and reposition your trusts during flight phases to keep them from being flailed or breathed to death.

Same with Quetz & friends: If your trusts are standing directly in front they will more than likely get melted by sable breaths.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2017-12-01 12:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of trusts Cornelia AI has some taru taru fixation or at least with apu, she runs to him and you loose geo bubble, but she doesnt do it with kupi or other trust that runs away from you.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-01 12:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tanardin said: »
Oh, and my main class is Corsair.

1) Haste cap yourself.
2) Find trusts that will open SC for you (if you can't self-SC yet).

Melee: AA HM, Cornelia, Arciela I, UC WHM.

Chant du Cygne (AA HM) > Leaden Salute
Detonator (Qultada) > Savage Blade
Savage Blade (Qultada) > Last Stand

AA HM is pretty good NIN tank and will try to hold TP to open SC w/ you. Arciela I is one of the few trusts that will give a COR Haste II.

Ranged (Physical): Tank, Noillurie, Ulmia, Koru-Moru, UC WHM

Tachi: Kaiten (Noillurie) > Last Stand
Tachi: Yukikaze (Noillurie) > Tachi: Gekko (Noillurie) > Last Stand
Tachi: Yukikaze (Noillurie) > Tachi: Gekko (Noillurie) > Tachi: Kasha (Noillurie) > Last Stand

As long as Sekkanoki/Medidate aren't up, Noillurie will 4-hit Kaiten at 1k TP like clockwork. If she has her JA's, she'll attempt a 4-step that you can interrupt after the 2nd step to close Light yourself (if you have Fomalhaut AM up, you can interrupt it after the 3rd step to close Double Light instead). Ulmia gives Preludes and Koru gives Flurry II.

Ranged (Magic): Tank, Ayame, Ulmia, Koru-Moru, UC WHM

Tachi: Gekko > Leaden Salute

Ayame holds TP waiting for you, but her TP acc isn't so hot and she tends to miss WS. On lower level targets, she's fine. Anything above 119 and it becomes dicey.

If you're interested in info on all trusts, this is the best doc available:Trust Magic Guide
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-12-01 12:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Healers: Apururu, Yoran, and Ygnas are the good three. With Nashmeira II being a secondary one with curaga and her weaponskill is decent. Since it also stuns.

Melee: Zeid II, Selhteus, Tenzen(he's amazing if you do not have a fusion weaponskill aka for BLU with cdc). A few others are okay, but they are a tier below.

BLM: Just Shantotto II really. Every other one parses way below. BLMs are amazing for leveling though.

Support: Cornelia, Sylvie, Qultada, Koru Moru, Arciela(she will overwrite haste with haste II always), and KoH. The passive trusts are nice if cleaving or anything of that nature.

Tanks: August/AAEV/Amchuchu. Gessho/AAHM are okay if your healers lack refresh. Mnejing has nice DT- but doesn't hold hate very well.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-01 13:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Stiltz said:
Same with Quetz & friends: If your trusts are standing directly in front they will more than likely get melted by sable breaths.

Quetz should be fought from the rear, as Flail is the least annoying thing he does. Selh'teus+Arciela are enough to keep everyone healed through the AoEs and a tank trust isn't really necessary.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-12-01 13:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts with aoe tp cures for dragons: Selhteus, Lilisette II(also 10% crit hit rate), Ingrid II, Iroha II, and Ygnas
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-12-01 13:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkspawn said: »
Speaking of trusts Cornelia AI has some taru taru fixation or at least with apu, she runs to him and you loose geo bubble, but she doesnt do it with kupi or other trust that runs away from you.

The trick with cornelia is that she will follow whoever she is summoned after. If you summon her first. She follows you instead of Yoran-Oran. (Edit: Or in your case, Apururu)
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-01 13:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Ranged (Magic): Tank, Ayame, Ulmia, Koru-Moru, UC WHM

Tachi: Gekko > Leaden Salute

Ayame holds TP waiting for you, but her TP acc isn't so hot and she tends to miss WS. On lower level targets, she's fine. Anything above 119 and it becomes dicey.

on apex mobs try cornelia instead of ulmia and shantoto II instead of koru...she will get magic bursts on your and ayame's darkness skill chain

cor can use hunters roll for additional acc

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-12-01 14:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Though not to the OP, but in general. Blazing wyrm cheer + Cornelia will result in trusts getting tp very fast on Apex.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-01 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI,some of the melee buffs for DD info above is slightly different for corsairs. For example, Koru will cast Flurry instead of haste on a Cor. It doesnt change much for most of the posts, but some tweeks may be needed depending on how and what youre fighting.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-01 15:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
For example, Koru will cast Flurry instead of haste on a Cor.

King of Hearts doesn't give a *** what you are.
You're getting Haste and Refresh all day.
 Asura.Gwindor
user: finarfin
By Asura.Gwindor 2017-12-01 17:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

are good Trust combos ???

buy 2x other account and have :

GEO + WHM

both run healbot lol...

best trust u will ever have !
[+]