Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 409 410 411
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-09 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That, and likely regurgitate some drops from previously bad content. Looking at you Voidwalker Notorious Monster. Who else remembers kneeling for those silly NMs?

Empyrean +2 will require 3 Ethereal Squamas or some other equally pointless item.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 13:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been waiting for them to suddenly reuse legion drops for a while admittedly.

Expected it for AF, expected it for Relic, expected it for Su3... eventually they will use them.

I also would not be surprised at all to see for empyrean;

Crystal petrifacts, riftsand, silver mirrors, woe coins, they're all due for a reboot

LOL, plot twist, Crafting Spheres.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-09 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Stock up, this Login Campaign.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 15:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Squama still go for 2m, expect that to drop through the floor next month.

Empyrean +3 is still a minimum of 6 months away
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-09 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is totally out of control now. We can't predict ***they do anymore. True, we never could with any real success, but now there are just out of bounds. No rules.

Area bonus?
No Xarc/Beac/Tavnazia/valkurm/bubu (could still be for empyrean, never know)
Campaign announced literally months after the event itself?
Ambuscade defensive stats?

They could release empyrean literally next month. Or in a full year. They don't follow any rules or script or anything. They just do what they want whenever, and ignore other glaring issues.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, it's all incredibly predictable.

Not "exactly" but pretty seemingly obvious what they "need" to do, the problem always used to be "they need to but never will" now it's "holy ***that was fast"

Ambuscade had to add something in april/may, I said that, I'll try to find my old quote. Give it a couple months (October to be EXACT) and they will add something else to ambuscade. I basically promise. That's the month that all 25 fiber +2 gear will be finished.

Fully expected Dienamis to get something added due to the straight hatred for the event. STILL 100% expect setbonuses.

The only part that's really unpredictable is when, not what anymore.

Speaking of; Nirvana is only 35 away from becoming the number 2 most created mythic.
By clearlyamule 2018-04-09 16:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Set bonus: 10% ws dmg for every cor in pt
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-04-09 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would love they bring back limbus ereas for empyrean.

I don't think there's a big demand to revisit abyssea zones, with its monotone redness.

At least dynamis had a lot of nostalgia attached. Abyssea was just something we all had to do and a lot of people left the game around that time, so I have different feelings towards it.

Also if they are doing instancing like omen/dyna, more compact zones like limbus would save on resources.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-09 16:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Limbus...Apollyon... These were the original Omens before Omens. Would love if they brought these back
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 18:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They already made limbus2 There's basically 100% certainty of VW2/Abyssea2

(don't ask me how... I don't really see how it's possible...)

I know it's the unpopular opinion but I half-love abyssea. It was so... "open". Yeah it broke the 75 is best and a *** -ton- of people quit. But it finally let me play the way I wanted to play. Without other people.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-09 18:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think reworked abyssea is ever happening unless they decide to charge us money for it.
Updating it with all the modern day standard requirements would take way more work than they can afford without external funds (i.e. players paying for it).
By Nyarlko 2018-04-09 18:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Meh, it's all incredibly predictable.

Not "exactly" but pretty seemingly obvious what they "need" to do, the problem always used to be "they need to but never will" now it's "holy ***that was fast"

Ambuscade had to add something in april/may, I said that, I'll try to find my old quote. Give it a couple months (October to be EXACT) and they will add something else to ambuscade. I basically promise. That's the month that all 25 fiber +2 gear will be finished.

Fully expected Dienamis to get something added due to the straight hatred for the event. STILL 100% expect setbonuses.

The only part that's really unpredictable is when, not what anymore.

Speaking of; Nirvana is only 35 away from becoming the number 2 most created mythic.

There is no way to add set bonuses to relic at this point. Don't hold your breath. :/
There ARE still the previously announced divergence crafted weapons to come, which are going to have to be damn amazing and no more than half a step behind current REMA to justify the restrictions involved (that we know of.. could be more -_-.)

As far as Aby/VW V2s... I don't see full zone rehashes being feasible at this point, but I could totally see ilvl remakes of Shinryu and/or Provenance Watcher fights. Both of their zones are also nice and small, which would make them simple to use for re-instanced content.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-04-09 19:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They already made limbus2 There's basically 100% certainty of VW2/Abyssea2

(don't ask me how... I don't really see how it's possible...)

I know it's the unpopular opinion but I half-love abyssea. It was so... "open". Yeah it broke the 75 is best and a *** -ton- of people quit. But it finally let me play the way I wanted to play. Without other people.

Are you referring to the lvl 99 Limbus version that they tacked on?

IIRC all spammable content including Dyna had 99 versions released after abyssea.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 19:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, was going to say the dynamis rework wasn't along the same lines as when they did salvage 2 and limbus 2 but they did add new stuff to it.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-23 22:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather random, but since it's related to something I remember seeing here recently, the devs are now on record about "Deluxe Carrot" and "Deluxe Worm" items. They are implemented/in-game, there is no method of obtaining them currently, there will be a way to purchase them in the future.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-25 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/

POL said:
Announcing the Return Home to Vana'diel Series of Events and Campaigns!
Campaign 1: 16th Vana’versary Premium Moogle-Goblin Battle
Participating in the 16th Vana’versary event, the Premium Moogle-Goblin Battle, which takes place concurrently with the Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign, will reward players with a Cornelia statue furnishing and a variety of other useful items.

Campaign 2: Adventurer Appreciation Campaign
Enjoy double to triple experience and capacity point gains to help you get right back into the thick of the latest battle content!

Campaign 3: Adventurer Gratitude Campaign
Enjoy complimentary items each week courtesy of the FINAL FANTASY XI team in thanks for your dedication to the world of Vana’diel! All you need to do to claim your rewards is log in!

Campaign 4: Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza
Alter egos, which were previously available for a limited-time only, make a temporary return! Bring some of Vana'diel's most storied characters along on your adventures and you'll never find yourself fighting alone!

Campaign 5: May 2018 Login Campaign
May 2018’s Login Campaign provides players with a bevy of wonderful goods, including the Shantotto II alter ego!

Campaign 6: Discount Campaign
The Vana’diel Collection 4 for Windows will be available at a specially discounted price! Enjoy all that Vana’diel has to offer at a low, low cost! Additionally, the World Transfer Service will similarly have its price reduced, so take this opportunity to join your friends who reside on a different world.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-25 10:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and as I noted in the bgwiki devpost thread, they reconfirmed that the new mats will be added to Divergence that will be used for new weapon recipes which require the final Escutcheon KI to make.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-25 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see these recipes! D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-25 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's... been a while since increased CP
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-25 16:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I want to see these recipes! D:

Me too! D: Unless they derp though, we shouldn't see anything until the update where the items themselves get added. Could actually be as soon as May though, given that it's the start of the dev cycle and all.

On the other hand... Are you sure that your server has at least 3x completed Escutcheons for each craft? >_>;; Without at least a tiny bit of competition, these are going to be the most easily price-fixed items EVER.. and some may not even get made on certain servers depending on what crafts are involved.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-25 17:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There are easily enough shields to make the items. On asura. They'll get taken and sold on other servers.

Prices will still be insane, because dienamis is dogshit. and 1% drop rate.

Going to have to be some phenomenal pieces to get people to stop with the REMA only nonsense. Which will mean they have to up the rema again... so either way, shot in the foot.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-25 17:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are easily enough shields to make the items. On asura. They'll get taken and sold on other servers.

Prices will still be insane, because dienamis is dogshit. and 1% drop rate.

Going to have to be some phenomenal pieces to get people to stop with the REMA only nonsense. Which will mean they have to up the rema again... so either way, shot in the foot.

I've said similar before, but honestly I actually can see them implementing REMA-alternatives at this point. However, they've only given some super basic details about the incoming weapons.. Basically only that they will require Aurum Tome KI to be able to synth and that recipes will include NYI mats from somewhere in Divergence. Just imagine how much more annoying they will be if the mats only drop from bosses for example tho... Or maybe even only from Aurix? ~_~;; There are all sorts of lovely ways that we could get screwed on these besides the availability of crafters. I could be sky-is-falling though, and the mats will get added to normal mobs' loot tables at high enough drop rates to allow the market to be semi-reasonable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-25 17:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The only things we know for sure;

If it makes dienamis worse, it'll happen. (ie; lowering shard/medal/volte drop rates, by adding them to the pool sharing a slot)

It will not accomplish what they think it will.

It won't even be close to anything we guess it will be like, because we use logic and they do -not- do anything logical.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 03:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The main feature for May is a new alter ego enhancement questline.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

There are so many hundreds of ways to improve trust derpasfuck AI... can't wait to see/hear this one.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-04-26 03:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they'll mess with AI, my bet's on a minor stat boost or something, lol.
By Quizzy 2018-04-26 03:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Durability enhancements would be helpful. Similar to the campaign buff.

A quest to obtain Cornelia, and then increase her haste to 25% would be nice as well -.-;
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 03:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No amount of + "random stat" will really change/improve/matter, so kind of hoping for logic instead of power.

Better converting, songs+, rolls+, intelligent na use... some real simple tweeks would go a LONG way in improving.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-26 04:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In their upcoming patch teaser today they didn't mention the new mats they mentioned before.
Wonder if it's just a coincidence or if that means that they're gonna move forward (june?) the release of these mats and related recipes.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-26 06:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the Imps/Soulflayer for Vol.I next month.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 409 410 411