T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-12-13 21:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just randomly what weaponskills are you using? There could be an issue with those applying a dispel-able buff. Could be way off but just a thought.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-13 22:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Yeah I think either way we can wreck it if we can keep it nicely in raksha. Is it possible to use Panacea to get rid of the -110 stats if yaksha oblivien gets us?

Panacea will work, but it only removes 1 effect at a time, I believe.

The Catholicon +1 temp, will remove up to 7 statuses in one go. The NQ will remove up to 3.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-14 01:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Just randomly what weaponskills are you using? There could be an issue with those applying a dispel-able buff. Could be way off but just a thought.

Coronach for aftermath, Last Stand rest of the time. Don't think any of the PLD WS would do anything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-16 19:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG/COR them.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-16 19:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Neak we throw CORs at it with Leaden Salute.

Maju is just non-SC melee zerg. If you're geared enough, SCing doesn't matter.

Yakshi is either magic or RNG/COR.
By cuddlyhamster 2017-12-18 14:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maju: Blind it at start to prevent Oppresive Glare hate shedding mechanics. Savage Blade, Resolution for non skillchain damage. Tank back tanks to not get zombied if blind wears. Tank stands 2 distance from mob, melee and geos stand directly behind mob 4 distance to prevent melee from being hit with Backdraft.

Neak: Buffed DD zerg. Geo can put up fend under 50% to help with meteor spam. Can use height difference to help as well.

Yakshi: Rng or Blm
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-19 14:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So we're trying Vinipata yet again tonight. We're getting tired of fighting this guy, hopefully we can figure out his stances. Due to it changing stance (despite us not using many debuffs at all; as stated above) we'll avoid using Dia and just stick to Banish III, Holy Circle, and Sepulcher. Losing Dia will hurt a bit .. but it won't hurt so much if the boss stays in Raksha.

If it still shifts to Yaksha for some reason, we plan to stop DDing and wait for it to return to Raksha so the hate reset moves don't get us killed. Usually we just kept plugging our way through it, so this week we'll try this and see what happens.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-19 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For Maju you can also use RNG and stick to Last Stand. If you're not using aeonic then it doesn't skillchain. We used this method today and it was the easiest Maju I've ever done.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-19 19:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried Vinipata today using no debuffs except Flash. It still went in to Yaksha for no good reason, so we came to the conclusion that you can't lock it in to Raksha. It changes stance randomly.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-19 20:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Vini with the LS 4 or 5 times. Got it to 8% with 11 and 9% with 8. Either way we powered right through yaksha + wipes. Not sure what else we can do, sometimes doom gets through and other times Yaksha: Damnation damage skyrockets to over 3k. Would appreciate any feedback, cheers.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-20 00:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Neak: did it tonight with rng cor brd pld whm . rng ended with 7% dmg as he wasnt geared for it . so could have been done with cor brd pld whm .

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-20 07:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Theyre kind of all the same... just don't skillchain. Reasonably certain any DD will work just as well as any other.

That's probably why they recommended WAR, "strongest" savage blades, impossible to skillchain while being relatively fast. That way cor can DD too with Savage.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-20 07:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess all trusts will die anyway , so passive trusts (maybe cornelia for racc / macc) . we had a returning friend of mine on pld as 6th yesterday, he needed the body and the vorseal .
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-20 12:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a trust to fill the party?? Like I said above, we were using between 8-11 players. Maybe not talking to me. I'm sure there's a thread for T3 Reisenjimas already.

Please use this thread for T3 Reisenjima NM: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48041/t3-reisenjima-strategies
By Justuas 2017-12-20 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah people should use quotes when answering to others' posts.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-20 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the main issue for us at the moment is positioning the support for the tanks so they can keep the tanks alive without being hit by AoE. Anyone know the best place to tank Vini to help with this? Is flux 2 the best? Or is there another camp elsewhere which is better? Do the mages stand out of casting range and only walk in when necessary? Does the tank use knockback gear? Trying to iron out the little details at this point.

DirectX said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Use a trust to fill the party?? Like I said above, we were using between 8-11 players. Maybe not talking to me. I'm sure there's a thread for T3 Reisenjimas already.

Please use this thread for T3 Reisenjima NM: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48041/t3-reisenjima-strategies
Clearly talking to the player above my post. Learn to read and there will be no issue.

Rude. And as Justuas said.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-20 17:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For Vinni, we have a tank, a WHM for the tank and then a bit further away a WHM for the tank's WHM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-20 17:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
For Vinni, we have a tank, a WHM for the tank and then a bit further away a WHM for the tank's WHM.

This was recommended to me today, and I think it would do wonders considering the issues we been having. We can switch out a GEO for a WHM easy.

Also we plan on using the camp at flux 5, but not sure if it will be dangerous considering we are using rangers and it always goes in to Yaksha at some point (hate resets)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-01-02 21:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had a lot of problems doing Vinipata the ranger way, so we're going to do something else and do it later with a mage setup.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-01-02 22:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Flux 5 is probably the safest location, we have always fought Vini at 5. Have your support/healers/etc stand in the bush adjacent to the bridge, and they should not get hit with AoEs. The problem with this location though is sometimes the tank(s) can get knocked out of the battlefield if they are not careful. As for hate reset, it should not be an issue as long as the tank is vigilant. Might be more of an issue with a ranged strat or a melee strat though. Has rarely been a problem for us with nuking strat.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-01-02 22:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried it multiple times this way, but just come to the conclusion it's too much. Either we take hate and Vini hits us with aoe, or an add gets loose and kills a dd, or the brd gets killed and no one to sleep the adds. There's too many variables to consider, even using that camp.

There's just not enough crowd control, and we've been kinda close a few times (got to 20% once despite getting hit with AOE) with just 8-10 of us. I think ranger way only really works if you have 2 or more brds and you're taking over 12 people. With less I think we'd be better off doing it the mage way, at least then we can breakga and keep adds in place; as well as force Yaksha stance so we don't have to worry about doom or debuffs being erased. We have yet to find a way to force Raksha Stance; and I don't think it's possible unless someone can prove it with a video.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-01-02 22:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Only tried it with ranger setup?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-01-02 22:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Only tried it with ranger setup?

Yes, because the LS does not have many really well geared black mages at the moment. After over a dozen failed attempts I think we don't have any choice. We have to move on to the other NMs we have yet to beat before returning to it, which include Albumen, Zerde and Schah.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-01-02 23:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done Vinipata with Rangers so I can't really comment. BG wiki lists it as 50% piercing resistant though. If that's true and then you have to deal with Raksha Stance or Yaksha Stance on top of it, it may be a hard way of doing it if you don't have exceptional Rangers to overcome it.

Vinipata is a fight that hugely favors people who can kill it quickly. I'm not sure the mechanic exactly. It may be attack grows overtime. And the adds of course.

I've done it BLM style and I've done it DD-style. I prefer the DD-style. If you have the BLM dps to drop it in about 3-8 mins BLM it is fine. If not, like you're having with the RNGs the battle gets much harder. (Vinipata more dangerous, more adds, adds needing reslept.)

With DDs it's always been a quick fight for us. Probably under 3-4mins. It does move the pressure to your healers and support since Vinipata can do some really nasty stuff. In particular, Doom which combined with Muddle makes Yagrush valuable.

From a Bard point of view I prefer it cause there's only been 2 Lullabies required. the 2 adds on pop and then a second 2 adds between 30-5% roughly (depends on kill speed). The fights are over before anything woke up or the 3rd set spawned. I wouldn't be surprised it was possible to kill it before the 2nd set of adds with high power 1hrs like mighty strikes.

We use Carols to try and avoid debuffs. Fire in particular for amnesia, Dark for the curse. I usually use Ice aswell if we have the luxury of Daurdablas for the paralyze/bind. I think it can stun too but I don't think I used thunder carols.

It may be worth trying with DDs if that's your stength. No harm trying and seeing how close you come. To be fair, my linkshell has the luxury of many Darudabla/Yagrush/Idris/Aeonics etc. So I can't say how viable it will be for you. It is possible to zerg it down quickly though.

Doom screen, curse screen and Anmesia screen are valuable if you have them. Try to make sure they are up, before you get muddled and especially before it uses Meikyo Shisui.
I wouldn't recommend ES lullaby if it can be avoided. ES lullaby can be partially resisted, especially on a group of targets. Troubadour is much more reliable. Maybe Elemental Seal as a last resort but Random deal/Wild Card/Super Revit.'ing Troubadour back is much more preferable.
Troubadour requiem 7 lasts a long time if you need to sack. Just be aware that Stances can remove it if you are still feeding TP.

All the songs may not strictly be necessary but the way I play Bard I usually go for an over the top style.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-01-02 23:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe where some of our issues have cropped up on keeping adds asleep, due to ES + Lullaby. We zerged Warder and Kirin down before, using two idris geos, brd, cor, temps etc. No yagrush though, at least not yet.

This is our first aeonic, so I think we have to take the blm route as we can't make the other methods safe enough. What party setup do you use for melee way?
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-01-02 23:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For Vini, usually something along the lines of

SAM DRK WAR BRD COR WHM
BLU BLU BLU BRD COR WHM
Tank, WHM, GEO GEO and whatever the in last 2 slots.

But it was mostly just what jobs we had to available than any specific logic.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14