T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By Hirameki 2017-11-13 17:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Zerde strategy:

My group has a lot of problem with this mob. We have tried SMN and BLM strats, but the Bio Aura killed us most of the time. We stunned Just Desserts when popped and during the fight, but he would still put up an incredibly wide Bio Aura and kill all the mages. I read if we stun the Just Desserts his Bio Aura shouldn't be that wide, but seem to be not the case with us.

I tried both the Hill at #2 and the pit at #5, his Aura Bio would still get us at 23'. We also have alot of problem proc'ing blue on him. I heard the rate of proc is 60%, but we got it proc only 1 time so far in all of the tries.

Can anyone share Zerde strat and how the tank should position it?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-13 18:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerde itself doesn't have any aura, only the adds do (unless they changed it with last update but it'd be pretty weird). You sure you guys are stunning just dessert and no adds pop?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-13 18:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We fight Zerde right where we pop it, mb fire, gambit + rayke full time through use of Super Revitlizers. We have a GEO come /BLM and use ES every single time with stun (gives you 3 stuns total including the initial ES stun by a BLM.) The rest of the PT is down on the path. Usually dies in 3-4 SC+MB total.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-13 18:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are having a hard time procing !! on Zerde, you are likely not doing enough magic damage. Sometimes we experience the Bio aura right at the start, after popping Zerde ( It seems to be kind of random and buggy), but it immediately goes away with the first skill chain/magic burst, assuming enough damage. We've gotten it to proc with both Thunder and Fire nukes, but Fire seems to proc more easily.

Can you tell us more about your set-up and the gear your GEO has? Are you using a RUN?

Also, make sure your lesser nukers aren't hitting the magic burst before your stronger nukers.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 18:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Zerde itself doesn't have any aura, only the adds do (unless they changed it with last update but it'd be pretty weird). You sure you guys are stunning just dessert and no adds pop?
They did not change it, Zerde has always had a Bio aura. When the adds pop, the range and potency both drastically increase. Don't spread misinformation.

Using a height difference seems to sometimes allow you to avoid the initial aura(maybe it grows based on something besides adds?), I recommend popping at #2 and pulling zerde up into the corner at the top of hill with blms standing as far down hill as they can while still being in cast range.

That said, I always have my SCH do perp/accession regen5 on each party, my BRD does SV paeon6/5 march etudex2 for BLMs, and I throw up embrava immediately before pop. This makes the aura pretty much irrelevant unless adds pop.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-13 18:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They did not change it, Zerde has always had a Bio aura. When the adds pop, the range and potency both drastically increase. Don't spread misinformation.

Using a height difference seems to sometimes allow you to avoid the initial aura(maybe it grows based on something besides adds?), I recommend popping at #2 and pulling zerde up into the corner at the top of hill with blms standing as far down hill as they can while still being in cast range.

That said, I always have my SCH do perp/accession regen5 on each party, my BRD does SV paeon6/5 march etudex2 for BLMs, and I throw up embrava immediately before pop. This makes the aura pretty much irrelevant unless adds pop.

Pretty much this or can do the pit at 5. Our server houses 3 exceptional RDM's so in essence can have a RDM chainspell stun if you feel frisky (BLM will do initial elemental seal stun)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Pretty much this or can do the pit at 5. Our server houses 3 exceptional RDM's so in essence can have a RDM chainspell stun if you feel frisky (BLM will do initial elemental seal stun)

Don't even need CS, just don't have composure up when it's game time. I stun it all the time on RDM/BLM without CS.
By Hirameki 2017-11-13 20:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are very helpful suggestion, will try this. My BLM setup were PLD, WHM, GEO (idris), SCH, BLM, BLM, BLM.

He does have aura on pop from time to time w/ Just Desserts stunned and no adds whatsoever. And after 1-2 mins, even w/o adds, his aura suddenly spread to mage range. Maybe, not procing BLU is really our problem here.

Thanks for the quick advice guys. Will let you know how it turn out.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 20:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He should not really be living longer than 1-2 minutes. Are you using focus malaise? Do your BLMs land spells for 99,999 reliably? Adding a BRD for soul voice night/troub fire threnody2 and etudes will drastically improve your damage if BLMs are getting resisted.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-14 05:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding a RUN for Gambit and Rayke would help a lot also.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-14 07:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hirameki said: »
Those are very helpful suggestion, will try this. My BLM setup were PLD, WHM, GEO (idris), SCH, BLM, BLM, BLM.

That's your problem right there, you need to use a RUN tank if your running with that many BLMs. This is because after the first burst all elemental damage is dramatically reduced for a few seconds, which nerfs your second and third BLMs pretty badly. You can get around this by using RUN's Rayke ability to negate that effect for 45s.

So if doing a single RUN tank you want to do 3x Ignis -> Gambit -> 3x Ignis -> Rayke, and your BLMs are all going to be hitting ridiculous damage until Rayke wears. The RUN should use a Super Revit to get their JA's back as your bursting in order to prep for when they wear.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-14 12:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Which debuffs are best to MB on Teles during darkness? Anything it's totally resistant too?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips for Erinys? Is a Ninja required for it?
By geigei 2017-11-21 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Nin makes it easy but i tank it very well as run/nin.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

What if we can't find a RUN or NIN? Would a PLD/NIN be ok?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-21 14:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I think that Pld would be better for Erinys than Run. Run rules Zerde though. Pld doesn't even need to have REMAs tbh. Just good gear + Job Points.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I tank Erinys as PLD/BLU, why do you need to sub nin?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Personally, I think that Pld would be better for Erinys than Run. Run rules Zerde though. Pld doesn't even need to have REMAs tbh. Just good gear + Job Points.

Thanks .. we had a Ninja but they left the server this week, so we just going to have to make do with what we have. I'm most curious to know where the adds PLD takes them, and how much support they need .. if any. We tried this fight last week, but we'd never done it before and the adds were an issue.

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
I tank Erinys as PLD/BLU, why do you need to sub nin?

I don't know? Just asking for tips, and forgot about /blu.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PlD/BLU pops + holds all adds, 1 healer is fine.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

PlD/BLU pops + holds all adds, 1 healer is fine.

So don't even need an extra tank to hold adds? What about the knockback?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-21 14:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The knockback aura only appears after a TP move. Your goal is to use mewing lullaby to keep the monster at perpetually 0 tp and focus on primarily damage that's very high in damage dealt: tp given. Most use THF/SAM with tactician's roll, as SA rudra's is very potent and the job is popular and available. DNC is also effective, and so are blood pacts.

Having a single tank hold all the adds is actually easier; since nothing should be TPing, the tank will take very little damage. If someone were to run off with the adds, they would not be in range for mewing, and would be constantly TPing that person. With mewing order kept clean and no excessive tp fed, the tank doesn't even need a real healer. Someone /WHM can keep up with PLD/BLU's damage taken.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it should never knock back unless you are not stopping its aura. But tank at #2 or #3 in a nook/corner and it wont matter.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The knockback aura only appears after a TP move. Your goal is to use mewing lullaby to keep the monster at perpetually 0 tp and focus on primarily damage that's very high in damage dealt: tp given. Most use THF/SAM with tactician's roll, as SA rudra's is very potent and the job is popular and available. DNC is also effective, and so are blood pacts.

Having a single tank hold all the adds is actually easier; since nothing should be TPing, the tank will take very little damage. If someone were to run off with the adds, they would not be in range for mewing, and would be constantly TPing that person. With mewing order kept clean and no excessive tp fed, the tank doesn't even need a real healer. Someone /WHM can keep up with PLD/BLU's damage taken.

It's easier to have a pld/dnc hold adds far away while a pld/blu holds Erinys? I have no idea why, but our adds pld kept getting knocked back by the adds, even though Erinys did not have the aura at all. I was confused .. why our adds PLD kept getting closer to Erinys for no reason. So the adds don't knockback at all? We saw what happened when it goes wrong and the aura goes up on Erinys, but it was going wrong way before that.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the adds get knockback since you are not using mewing and keeping their tp down? They are basically just mini Einrys from what i recall
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you are adding HP you dont need to add. Making it harder.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the adds get knockback since you are not using mewing and keeping their tp down? They are basically just mini Einrys from what i recall

So you're meant to do mewing on those too?
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We have never used 2 tanks on it, so I cannot say if that would be easier or not.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-21 14:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, mewing is AOE, so they are still building TP if they are not near the NM.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you are adding HP you dont need to add. Making it harder.

We weren't really prepared for the fight last week, we tried it after finishing Teles to see what it's like. But our adds PLD had issues, and ended up too close to the NIN, who somehow got hate on the adds, who then started attacking SMN pets, and of course it was all downhill from there, but we weren't expecting to win anyways.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-21 14:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is AOE, so they are still building TP if they are not near the NM.

This makes so much sense .. why do people bother with an adds tank if this is the case? You need to either mewing lullaby them, or make sure the adds tank isn't getting knocked back near the one holding Erinys.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14