Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 08:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings everyone,

I would like to share our strategy for this month ambuscade on [VD,D]:

Party: WHM PLD NIN NIN RDM BRD

Clear Time: (8-10)min depending if sleepga lands on you.

Steps:

1.Essential Buffs:

WHM Buffs: Boost VIT, BarThunder, BarParalyzra, Auspice, Regen, Stoneskin, Aquaveil.
RDM Buffs: Phalnx, Haste
BRD Buffs: Honor, Accx2, Thunder Carol.

2. NIN goes in agro Boss to starting corner.
3. NIN RDM NIN Attack Boss till first wave appears, RDM should apply Debufs from start~
4. PLD grabs all adds and starts kiting around the 3 pillars.
5. When Boss uses [Utsusemi: San] RDM should be prepared to cast Diaga and run from range to avoid hit, [Gen'ei Ryodan] is Dispel+Stun but avoidable with "Carol" and lastly [Phantom Whorl] can be outrun same goes for [Triple Reversal] but it rarely used it "NIN Subtle Blow" ;)
6.(Astrologer)add BLM can be an issue and PLD needs to grab it asap.
7. During PD NINs reapplied buffs with Yonin Innin Under 30% Boss becomes super easy and we don't even need healing if we keep shadows up.
8. Remember to pay attention on [Turn the Table] since it ignores Shadows and can hit hard.
9. As long as you keep shadows up, En-Death won't be an issue.
10.Sublime Sushi is recommended.
11. NIN were spamming Shun and RDM cdc.

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Tip: All gather at Moogle and WHM can switch to COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, AoE Aquaveil, AoE Blink Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.

Disclaimer: Clear times may vary depending on Jobs used and Gear.
VD isn't worth the spam unless used seal.
Accuracy 1450+
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-10-12 10:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it the adds are not sleepable via any form of sleep? Or has that not been tested?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately no.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-12 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They are susceptible to most other debuffs though and some of them (silence on the BLMs and, if supertanking rather than kiting, slow/elegy) make the fight much easier
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2017-10-12 11:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This post and the original discussion in the update thread both mention supertanking the adds.

Are we simply referring to having someone gain hate on all of them via flash/sheep song/etc. after the adds pop and hold them all, or are people somehow having all of the adds on one party member without engaging/conducting any actions on them?
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-12 11:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
This thread and the original discussion both mention supertanking the adds.

Are we simply referring to having someone gain hate on all of them via flash/sheep song/etc. after they pop and hold them all, or are people somehow having all of the adds on one party member without engaging/conducting any actions on them?
First option, second one doesn't work with ambu hate mechanism (i.e. everybody gets a small amount of enmity on pull so any action will increase that)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually when it did happen, the boss turns to the second NIN which is perfectly fine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
This post and the original discussion in the update thread both mention supertanking the adds.

Are we simply referring to having someone gain hate on all of them via flash/sheep song/etc. after the adds pop and hold them all, or are people somehow having all of the adds on one party member without engaging/conducting any actions on them?

PLD needs to establish hate on all adds then starts to kite away from boss.
Only once the boss tried to go after PLD when we got hit by mistake with Rampart
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 11:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a GEO, makes the adds die faat and boosts melee damage on the boss considerably. Plus you can't dispel geo auras.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-12 11:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

using a mewing is better than kiting adds, the rest of your writeup is pretty much just common sense and 'use shadows' with a poor job comp.. here have the real writeups from the update thread

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Cleared VD intense multiple times with NIN NIN RUN/BLU WHM SMN BRD without killing adds.
- 100~80% : Uses Animating Wail, Mangle and Leaping Cleave.
- 80~60% : Weapon breaks, spawns five adds, uses Hex Palm and Spinal Cleave.
- 60~30% : Equips a new weapon, gains add death, uses Unblest Jambiya (removes shadows) and Gen'ei Ryodan (single target, removes 5 shadows, dispels 1 buff per hit).
- 50% : Uses Perfect Dodge
- 30~0% : Weapon breaks again, loses add death, spam Enforce (VD only), uses Utsu San, Phantom Whorl.
Enforce : AoE HP Drain (15'~ range), drain is based on players current HP and cannot kill them, it also heals the boss for much more than it steals HP, making it unkillable when players are at full HP. The trick is to not cure melees and let them tank with 10 HP to sufficiently weaken the drain.

NINs tank boss, RUN tank adds away from the boss, BRD Elegy everything.
Boss is very manageable with 2 NINs and Slow/Elegy.
The second wave of adds won't spawn if the first wave is already present.
All the adds die when the boss is defeated.
Mewing Lullaby prevent adds from using Triple Reversal. They don't have regain, ML can be used once every 2~3 min, no need to spam it.
Boss can use Triple Reversal but the only time we saw him using it was when the adds were close.

AAHM trust has Utsusemi+1 trait. Ni give him 5 shadows and Ichi 4 shadows (R.I.P. Gessho).

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Initial observations of Vol. 1 Difficult:

GEO GEO RUN WHM BLU BLU

-Recommended to use DD that dual wield and have access to shadows.
-70% to 30% HP it spams a multiple buff dispel move(4-5 buffs), so recommended to use GEO as buffer.
-Summons adds around 70% and 30%
-If you keep damaging boss while adds are out, it will gain an en-death effect on melee attacks. The proc rate of which will increase the more you damage the main NM.
-Killing the adds removes the en-death effect, which is signified by a message in chat.
-Under 30% NM gains access to(and will only use) Phantom Whorl, which is an extremely high damage, single hit attack. Even with Wilt and RUN max DT set, I was taking 3-6K damage.
-NM is harmless under 30% as long as you keep shadows up.
-Not sure on Triple Reversal mechanics used by 2nd set of adds, other than to have tank eat them so main DD stay alive. Can shadows absorb this attack too?
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 11:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Our use of RDM was to kill faster with extra DPS, you can do the same with SMN as well [every 22 sec] yet the debuffs from RDM were an added value throughout the fight.

Thats what worked for us, thats what was shared.
Im more than certain others can make it work with different "poor job comp"
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 12:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We went with

PLD/WAR
BLU/NIN
DRG/SAM
WAR/NIN (me)
GEO/RDM
WHM

Wasn't particularity difficult, when the first wave of adds spawned we just killed them in place. It's not till the second wave spawns that he gets en-death, and if you damage him then it's chance of killing you skyrockets. What we did instead was on the second wave, our PLD would just kite in a big circle while we killed the adds, BLMs first. The only problem we had was that the PLD would have too much hate on the adds initially and it was a pain to get the first one off him. He can't stand still so it becomes a bit silly for about one minute. The adds themselves are a joke, they don't hit hard and can be easily destroyed.

Possible improvements would be 2 GEO's with at least one being /SMN for the occasional ML. I feel 2 better buffed DD's with compatible WS's would do far better damage wise, especially on the adds.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-12 12:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

at risk of the naysayers screeching.. mnk might be a decent job for this, they lose next to nothing from /nin and they can likely still pull 99k ws while easily winning the white damage race
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 12:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
at risk of the naysayers screeching.. mnk might be a decent job for this, they lose next to nothing from /nin and they can likely still pull 99k ws while easily winning the white damage race

Once I saw the mechanics that's what I said. MNK is in the top 3, if not being the very top, for pure melee DPS. They are basically wielding DMG258 delay 204 weapons. Their primary weakness is their ***WS, which isn't so much an issue this month due to the 99K cap. VS links with other strong WS's to create light so no damage loss there.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-12 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Single wielding a Twashtar on DNC would also probably do pretty well.
[+]
 Asura.Shyara
user: faelyn
By Asura.Shyara 2017-10-12 12:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We went with

It's not till the second wave spawns that he gets en-death, and if you damage him then it's chance of killing you skyrockets.

actually when we left the adds alone (tank was kiting them) NM still killed our dd;s with endeath when shadows were down for a second shortly after the adds popped. so i think he gets en-death as soon as the adds pop.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-12 12:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in our group yesterday made a similar comment about a hypothetical scenario with MNK. Who knows? Can only try and see what happens.

What I can say from having done Ambuscade as a NIN and also in a setup without NIN - Utsusemi is the bread winner this month. Pain and frustration abounds without it. Juggling hate as much as possible is ideal in situations where you don't have full-fledged NIN's available and are wanting to be friendly to recast timers.

We've done the strategy both ways - Kite the adds and kill the main NM and also kill the adds and do the main NM last. Both ways work really, but I think it also depends on your job set ups and complimenting strategies.

EDIT: Also, skill-chaining frequency is more important in my opinion this month as it's VERY easy to cap damage or come close to it. This is why Ninja's are being sought after I think. You have a full arsenal of Utsusemi plus high damage output.
By geigei 2017-10-12 13:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting spammed by enforce under 30%?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 13:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR(Club) GEO RDM WHM NIN BLU also worked and it was fun, whoever gets hate from Boss keeps Shadows up and proceed on killing adds with BLM first.
Clear time 14 min >.>

First strat is the fastest though~

Edit: BLU changed to RUN to do the kiting strat and clear time was (8:55)
GEO kept Attune Haste and Frailty
By clearlyamule 2017-10-12 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Noone else seems to have mentioned it but Turn the Tables is 100% hate reset also. Very hard to get hate after this.
Idk about full. Even using it back and back to back etc the main never left my 2 autos who didn't have provoke or flash and that's with tank trusts out. Heck it didn't always scene switch between them. Seems more like hate list removal maybe
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-10-12 15:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Got some wins on Vol. 1 Normal with the following setup

RUN (me), x2 BLU, NIN, RDM, WHM

First part of fight is pretty straightforward. RUN buffs up in preparation for pulling adds.

When adds pop, NIN begins to kite the boss. The 2 BLUs immediately attack the BLM add. RUN supertanks the 2 DRK adds. Battuta really helps. One observation I did make with regard to the adds. The DRKs were hitting me harder (90-200) while the BLM add was alive. However, as soon as the BLM dies, the DRK adds dmg on me went down to 0-20.

Once 1st set of adds are down, resume damage on boss until 30%. When 2nd set of adds spawn, again the NIN kites the boss. BLUs kill BLM add while RUN supertanks the 2 DRK adds.

Once adds are down, full attack on boss. One thing we've been doing is when boss casts Utsusemi: San, all DD run out of range to avoid the Theft move. It is easy to run out of range of that move.

Fight time is 12-14 minutes depending on the quality of your DD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2017-10-12 17:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

its a cait sith avatar spell/ move it basically just resets the mobs TP and its AoE so it helps alot on NMS that call adds and F you up.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-12 17:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, it is called Mewing Lullaby, if that helps.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-12 18:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have missed it but is there a specific chat message or sequence that happens when adds are spawning? Or they just spawn @30% no message or tp move? I have not done the fight yet for lack of time. Just trying to gather some info.
By Loyde 2017-10-12 18:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone experienced the adds hitting progressively harder and harder when supertanking or kiting them while DDs kill the boss? I saw that Siviard mentioned that killing the BLM lessens the damage the two DRKS deal. Our PLD was pimped out and sub blu and still getting hit harder and harder as boss went down.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-12 18:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
I may have missed it but is there a specific chat message or sequence that happens when adds are spawning? Or they just spawn @30% no message or tp move? I have not done the fight yet for lack of time. Just trying to gather some info.
Just spawn. Only messages I've seen are sometimes when adds die
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-10-12 20:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Loyde said: »
Has anyone experienced the adds hitting progressively harder and harder when supertanking or kiting them while DDs kill the boss? I saw that Siviard mentioned that killing the BLM lessens the damage the two DRKS deal. Our PLD was pimped out and sub blu and still getting hit harder and harder as boss went down.

I definitely saw that during one of our early runs that resulted in a wipe.

Our first attempt we tried the supertank route, but as the boss took more and more damage, I kept getting hit harder and harder. At one point near the end, I was getting hit for 400+

That's why we decided it would be best to have the boss kited while the adds are taken down by the BLUs.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-10-12 23:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was part of a group trying to do the supertanking strategy. One thing we noticed about the Triple Reversal move is it activates when you have aggro of 3 or more Qutrub.

Seemed to happen like clockwork as soon as the boss's health was low and grabbing a 3rd to hold.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6