September 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 01:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

sounding like crafting didnt really change much? true? havent been able to log in since before update.. work/school etc.... kinda lost but curious.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-09-12 01:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We might not know until crafters with final shield upgrade (who post here) have invested in enough mats to generate a large enough sample size to tell (Law of large numbers op). Much easier said than done though.

With craft shield and mat investment requirements, I'd say it will take the market some time to adjust if the adjustments are major. Just conjecture.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 02:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be able to test the changes to crafting itself but most people seem to be stopping at like 100 or so which isn't much of a sample. Though tbf anyone invested into doing a ton of crafting right now is upgrading shields and probably not in a way that's easy to test how hqing changed and rest doing campaigns/ambuscade
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-12 02:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing synthing with craftsman+orvail and rusk with hq crystals didn't give me any noticable difference on either T0 or T1 synthing, so far.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 02:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Doing synthing with craftsman+orvail and rusk with hq crystals didn't give me any noticable difference on either T0 or T1 synthing, so far.

I keep hearing stuff like this. if the update was HUGE like everyone flipped about, then in 100 synths we would be seeing even then a fair amount more, I mean people speculated 1/64 jumping to 1/32 or 1/16 which in 100 synths would be noticeable, out of everyone who has done that many.

Even with the shield, I doubt many will have/get it even within 6 months, heck not many have the stage 3 done still or are worried to even try.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 04:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we're not seeing cheap Stikini+1 anytime soon then :P
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-12 04:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't count on it, at least soon.

The enchantment makes it seem like your synth is a fail if it doesn't HQ and depending on NQ value, I may not want to chance that. If you're doing voodoo, there's no downside here so I expect those prices to tumble if it's anything meaningful of a boost.

Now eventually the shield could upgrade without a downside.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-12 07:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think the idea is that if it fails to HQ, then you could save some of the materials and just try again. When NQ's are selling for so little due to market being flooded, this might help boost the profit margin.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2017-09-12 08:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Don't count on it, at least soon.

The enchantment makes it seem like your synth is a fail if it doesn't HQ and depending on NQ value, I may not want to chance that. If you're doing voodoo, there's no downside here so I expect those prices to tumble if it's anything meaningful of a boost.

Now eventually the shield could upgrade without a downside.

It's flat-out stated by the devs in the FP that if the result is not HQ, then it will be a break. The enchantment also stacks w/ any other buffs and the baseline stats, so you are looking at a minimum of matloss-20% on fails. (They also implemented an overall/hard cap of matloss-80%.)

My big questions is how long does the enchantment last? Single synth? 5min? 1hr? We won't know until someone finishes one (and shares the info.)
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-12 10:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As an FYI for those working on the Smithing shield, the below three items are misnamed which will cause mass confusion if anyone gets that far before they fix them (on bg wiki they are named correctly with notes on each page saying what it currently is in game):

Sanukite: Smith. (Sanukite slab: smithing) is currently named D. Frame: Smith. (duralumin frame: smithing)

D. Frame: Smith. (Duralumin frame: smithing) is currently named G. Emblem: Smith. (guild emblem: smithing)

G. Emblem: Smith. (Guild emblem: smithing) is currently named A. Screw: Gold. (adamantite screw: goldsmithing)
 Asura.Slugster
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugster 2017-09-12 10:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you suppose the intent of the part of the finished shield stating enchantment: "Subskill +10 (Max 70)" means? At first glance I would assume it simply means it would increase all your non-capped sub-crafts unless they are already all 70 (which should be the case for most crafters striving to complete escutcheon trials...), so if for some reason your subcrafts are all 60 then this enchantment is for you! But then I got to thinking, surely, this is not what they intended. Surely, they intended to raise all subcrafts above the hard capped 70 skill level limit to 80 (plus any gear/support/moghancements), effectively bringing a few recipes to new tiers under this enchantment. Intuitively, there ARE 7 subcrafts (excluding fishing here). Was "Max 70" a typo? Should it have read Max 80? That would make more sense. I understand we'll have to wait until someone completes, tests, and shares the information. Thoughts?
 Asura.Slugster
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugster 2017-09-12 10:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, since I'm on vacation at the moment, can anyone tell me what the orvail ring looks like now with the update? Or is it the same?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 11:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugster said: »
Also, since I'm on vacation at the moment, can anyone tell me what the orvail ring looks like now with the update? Or is it the same?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September_2017_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 11:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on the Woodworking shield; had the same dialogue as above (obviously changing the crystal from bone to woodworking), except I had a Demon Pen (Wind) and Quadav Fetitch Torso (Lightning).
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 11:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
The rams are high level and always open with HP down, so have trusts out before engaging. They don't always spawn around the craig, Landon was at G-9.

Yeah, I second this. Rambunctious Rex can spawn a decent distance away from the Crag(s). Also, from my experience, I haven't seen this NM in Tahrongi Canyon at all. Just Dem and Holla.

Can someone confirm this one way or the other?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-12 12:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone do much testing with cornelia yet? wondering if she can rep sylvie as unity, would be nice to have a better healer
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 12:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
anyone do much testing with cornelia yet? wondering if she can rep sylvie as unity, would be nice to have a better healer

I've only tried her once while soloing some NM's. Her AI is a bit strange. She will randomly run to other back line trusts and just hang out there with them (waving to them, kneeling down to look at the ground, etc). This of course causes the Haste aura to fall off of you while she's doing this.

I'm sure she is useful regardless, though.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 12:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean by testing. She's an geo aura trust. Put her in the line up where you want her and enjoy the 20 haste 30 acc/racc/macc. I guess could try seeing if it might be ja instead of magic haste as it's fairly obviously not gear but I doubt SE is that nice to us as that would be kind of OP
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-12 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
The rams are high level and always open with HP down, so have trusts out before engaging. They don't always spawn around the craig, Landon was at G-9.

Yeah, I second this. Rambunctious Rex can spawn a decent distance away from the Crag(s). Also, from my experience, I haven't seen this NM in Tahrongi Canyon at all. Just Dem and Holla.

The RoE specifically says la theine for one and konschtat for the other, so im guessing neither are in tahrongi
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-12 13:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The RoE specifically says la theine for one and konschtat for the other, so im guessing neither are in tahrongi

Ah, thanks. I didn't realize there is a ROE for that NM.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Rams/sheep including nm/hnm versions have always been those 2 zones and not canyon. They need more grass to nom on
[+]
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-09-12 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect JRPG From me is not from square einx but rather capcom and konami but who cares right?

Last good JRPG for me

YouTube Video Placeholder

But Breath of fire one of these games u cant miss
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-12 14:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.

Warning: wall of text
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-12 14:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Well I think the idea is that if it fails to HQ, then you could save some of the materials and just try again. When NQ's are selling for so little due to market being flooded, this might help boost the profit margin.
I don't see it really helping boost supply of new Su3 HQ's or Stikini Ring +1. NQ's still help reduce loss.

Prices on NQ abj gear will go up also.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-12 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only tried her once while soloing some NM's. Her AI is a bit strange. She will randomly run to other back line trusts and just hang out there with them (waving to them, kneeling down to look at the ground, etc). This of course causes the Haste aura to fall off of you while she's doing this.

I'm sure she is useful regardless, though.

Probably need to summon her first.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2017-09-12 15:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My Transmutation bar doesn't seem to be moving when I do these new synths. It says I get one point but the bar doesn't budge.

I don't remember it taking 10+ hours getting the shield up to 100% before. Did that change?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-12 16:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Switchorz said: »
My Transmutation bar doesn't seem to be moving when I do these new synths. It says I get one point but the bar doesn't budge.

I don't remember it taking 10+ hours getting the shield up to 100% before. Did that change?

It always got harder after each stage if I remember right.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of craftsmanship gained per synth has decreased in each successive stage. Stage1/2 were under 2 hours, stage3 took around 5, and stage4 takes around 10.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-12 16:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen

well ***, thats much easier to read. i wish rooks would implement that "jump to last unread post" feature so its harder to skip new posts... /glare
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11