September 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-16 13:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i just hit 100% now lol, just wasnt sure if go onto SC part or shield synth.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-16 14:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even think there is a shield synth. At least not until this Synthesis Focuser II stage is over.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-16 16:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so went farmed a few spheres, all broke, does crystal used matter?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-16 17:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The crystal being used has to be the same element as the skillchain property or it's guaranteed to fail.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-17 10:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well any update on pts needed from synth chains? this sphere farm can drive some 1 crazy.
 Asura.Queenforever
Server: Asura
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-17 10:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the farming i can stand its the constant fail syth to get sphere annoying the f*** out of me lol
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-17 10:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, but have made a few light spheres this morning, not sure if worth using or not yet, but was hoping somebody had a idea of how many pts need to finish this part. better yet can u 4 step with the light sphere after getting initial light chain? for dbl light.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-17 11:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make double light. It works like regular skillchains. Say Liquefaction > Impaction > Frag > Light does double light 4 step. Light to light makes light, and dark to dark makes darkness. Not worth it atm though
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-17 11:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So there are only 14 items that can be used to make these spheres?
By Scintila 2017-09-17 11:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can finally organize trusts menu.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-17 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

Doubt it. Haven't found the second compression. Think there's at least one wind and one lightning desynth for each.

Just is weird they shrouded this portion of the shield quest in mystery with something that isn't really crafting.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-17 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Doubt it. Haven't found the second compression. Think there's at least one wind and one lightning desynth for each.

Just is weird they shrouded this portion of the shield quest in mystery with something that isn't really crafting.

For shits i tried the lightning crystal+fetish body synth. Log said the synthesis is beyond my skill level, so the reassembling technique key item must be required to make the spheres. At least anyone can experiment and see if crystal and item combos work.
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-17 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done all fetish syths and few others with no probs and i just checked i do have the reassembling ki
Get alot of fails but all people i know tried have but i can try any of the known syths for spheres
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-17 12:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Queenforever said: »
I have done all fetish syths and few others with no probs and i just checked i do have the reassembling ki

Sorry, i should have specified that I have not gotten my crystal yet from my guildmaster. From the copy/paste of the dialogue that was posted back on page 6 or whatever, you get it from mewk after the cutscene where she explains the spirit system.
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-17 12:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ah k that be why u cant do em then lolz
By waffle 2017-09-17 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Reports I've seen so far list Demon Pen, Tonberry Board, and Colorful Hair for compression.
 Sylph.Takutu
user: Tickooo
By Sylph.Takutu 2017-09-18 17:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed the lights on the device? Some of my linkshell members and me were talking about how to raise Transmutation. Some of them aren't at this stage of the shield yet. I decided to record them a short video of how it works to see if they could see anything.

During this process, which I didn't even notice until I rewatched it, is that the light on the device starts at the top blue, and doing certain things caused the light to drop down a notch and change colors. In my case green.

After watching it again, it seems I was able to force the change from blue to green by doing a 5 step skillchain. Liquefaction > Scission > Liquefaction > Scission > Liquefaction has caused this light change to green.

Then, I can 'Come back later', and retalk to the NPC and have the light be in the middle and green from the get go.

Here's the video I recorded for them, it's nothing fancy as I was just showing off the process to them, but at 5:39 you'll notice the color and position of the light to change. It happens again near 7:45, when I broke a synth as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PTEgBZMLI&feature=youtu.be
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-18 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just taking a guess, but maybe the lighting is linked to the stability bar.
 Sylph.Takutu
By Sylph.Takutu 2017-09-18 17:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

I don't think so. Once it's green, I can get it off green by continuing to do the same Liq > Scission SC, which should lower the stability.

We thought about that too, but I haven't enough spheres to properly test it just yet, but it does seem unlikely as doing actions that should lower the stability can cause the light to reset.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-09-18 18:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Scintila said: »
Can finally organize trusts menu.

Are you talking about sorting the trust list order? We've been able to do that since trusts were released, just like any other types of magic (through the main menu > magic). If you mean something else - explain?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-18 18:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There has to be a trick to it. Waiting for some confirmation one way or the other
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-18 18:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it necessarily means anything but accepted bug for the bar not moving
[+]
By waffle 2017-09-18 19:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Scorpion Stinger, Magicked Steel - scission
Desert Venom - reverberation
Rusty Medal - liquefaction
Shoalweed - detonation
Test answers, Star Spinel - impaction
Giant Fish Bones - induration
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-18 21:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Takutu said: »

I don't think so. Once it's green, I can get it off green by continuing to do the same Liq > Scission SC, which should lower the stability.

We thought about that too, but I haven't enough spheres to properly test it just yet, but it does seem unlikely as doing actions that should lower the stability can cause the light to reset.

I also don't think the color has to do with the stability, it went back to blue when the stability didn't budge. There must be another step required to be done during the green phase, which i assume will lower it down to the next level.

Perhaps after the bottom level is complete, a notch appears in the transmutation meter, a special animation appears on the machine, and the light returns to the top?
By anik 2017-09-18 21:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear FFXI,

YouTube Video Placeholder

We can learn to love again. Just give me a reason.

Love,
Anik

PS 12.95 is forever waiting.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-19 12:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This sphere-collecting process is absolutely soul-crushing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-19 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind is real
 Sylph.Takutu
By Sylph.Takutu 2017-09-19 16:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more arbitrary data about the Synthesis Focuser that I've collected in the hopes of finding out more information:

We tried analyzing the camera movements that happen after any given skillchain to see if we could link anything together. I made a video of me doing every skillchain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tauPg35W10&feature=youtu.be

The camera moves:
Right Down: Transfixion, Scission, Induration
Right Up: Fusion, Fragmentation
Left Down: Compression, Liquefaction, Reverberation
Left Up: Gravitation, Distortion
Straight Down: Light, Dark
Straight Up: Impaction, Detonation

So far the only really loose 'link' we have between them is the skillchain animations themselves. The skillchains that move it right have like a cut/slice animation, where the ones that move left have a wavy animation. This link is a stretch for some of the animations, but it's the only connection we seem to be able to find.

Just posting it here in the hope that someone else may see something we missed and have an idea.
[+]
 Sylph.Takutu
By Sylph.Takutu 2017-09-20 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Takutu said: »

I also don't think the color has to do with the stability, it went back to blue when the stability didn't budge. There must be another step required to be done during the green phase, which i assume will lower it down to the next level.

Perhaps after the bottom level is complete, a notch appears in the transmutation meter, a special animation appears on the machine, and the light returns to the top?

At first I didn't think the light had anything to do with stability, but now that I'm playing around with it some more, I think there may actually be a connection.

Thinking back to what I did the first time to get the green light, I just did a series of long level one craftchains. So I recreated that, and I was able to get it to change to green again. Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLNewVUaG1c

You can see that after several level one chains, the light changes to green. I then exit out of the Focuser, and reenter. You can see the light stays green.

I then waited a few minutes and reentered the Focuser, now the light changed back to blue automatically. This could have been time based, or stability based. It's possible that the light only stays green for a certain amount of time. It's also possible that it had regained enough stability to no longer be in the 'green' zone.

So I went and repeated what I did, a longer skillchain. I was able to get it to change to green again, however this time it was earlier in the skillchain. I also started with less stability. I then created some higher level skillchains, which according to Mewk, should raise the stability. At which point, the light did change back from green to blue.

I then once again started on a longer chain of level one skillchains, in which the light once again did switch back to green. I kept going with the lower level skillchains, until one of them broke, causing the Focuser to explode. I lost 5 spirit, the stability returned to full, and the light changed back to blue.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXFppSHUJM

Finally, I wanted to show that the light will change from green back to blue on it's own after some time. So I once again did a lengthy set of level one skillchains, forcing the light to change to green. I then stood around awhile, checking the Focuser every so often. Near the end of this video, you'll see that upon reentering, the light is reset. Again, not sure if this is due to time alone, or the fact that stability went up. Since the second video shows me turning the light green quicker than the first, with the only real difference the starting stability level, I am inclined to believe there is a least some connection between the light and the stability level.

Video (warning, a lot of standing around at the end. 13:50 is where I go in and it changes back to blue):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUeN0Ey7r7k

Hoping that all of this testing helps us figure something out, or if the light really is just another way of showing stability level, but that doesn't seem completely right to me. Hoping some others might be able to help figure something else out.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-09-20 17:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You would think that if the light was only telling us the stability, it would have been on the lowest setting right before the explosion.

It does seem to have something to do with stability... I think we need more information from SE.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11