Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Regional Population of Bahamut
Regional Population of Bahamut
 Asura.Vinta
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Deadvinta
By Asura.Vinta 2017-09-02 11:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. Myself and a few friends are on the verge of resubbing to FFXI.

As is obvious by my profile, my main is on Asura, but I really want to avoid that server's overblown population and Reddit linkshell, and to start over from scratch.

My question for the FFXIAH forums is:

Is Bahamut mostly NA populated? JP populated? EU populated?
By Justuas 2017-09-02 11:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Overblown population?
By Notacka 2017-09-02 12:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is mostly jp, Shiva isn't bad though.
 Asura.Vinta
user: Deadvinta
By Asura.Vinta 2017-09-02 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Notacka said: »
Bahamut is mostly jp, Shiva isn't bad though.

Shiva is one of the servers we were considering, so this is good information to have.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-02 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus isn't huge but we get things done with no drama around. Like other servers the JP population exceeds the EU/NA community.
By Justuas 2017-09-02 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Cerberus isn't huge but we get things done with no drama around. Like other servers the JP population exceeds the EU/NA community.
I read that during eu time the numbers are starting to drop below 200.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Elazar1 2017-09-02 13:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is dead no yells 350 on a peak hours on the week. And yes there lots of Japanese on it. But nice part no lines for things, but you can easily have items on the ah for at least a week to sell if it sells at all. When was hoping alts on servers as its, asura, Odin, baha for peeps rest just dam rite dead.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-02 13:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I honestly think SE purposely had the cheap £5 transfers this month to squeeze some money out of us before they merge the servers of their own accord. It has to happen soon with the low numbers on most servers.

I don't see any merges happening any time soon, IMO. While smallers servers stand to gain obvious benefits from having a larger player pool with which to try and do content with, those on bigger servers will be up in arms of even longer Ambuscade wait times, fewer available spawn points in Escha, and so on.

That being said, I've always wondered what one big massive sprawling metropolis would be like with 2004-ish player numbers.
By Elazar1 2017-09-02 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think SE purposely had the cheap £5 transfers this month to squeeze some money out of us before they merge the servers of their own accord. It has to happen soon with the low numbers on most servers.
Merge will never happen, why would they do it when people fill their pockets from moving all the time, they would lose money by doing a merge.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-02 14:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

I don't see any merges happening any time soon, IMO. While smallers servers stand to gain obvious benefits from having a larger player pool with which to try and do content with, those on bigger servers will be up in arms of even longer Ambuscade wait times, fewer available spawn points in Escha, and so on.

That being said, I've always wondered what one big massive sprawling metropolis would be like with 2004-ish player numbers.
Aren't Ambu queues due to the pressure on the server also? Could they not reallocate that from extra servers to Ambuscade?

This is something I've always felt SE needed to fine tune. Players farming Legion are often times mistaken for Ambuscade soloers due to the way the zone is named for both content.

I'm not a programmer so I couldn't say what resources would be needed to create additional instances or zones to alleviate Ambuscade queue's, but that is also something that needs attention to.

And get rid of the single material trade nonsense while upgrading capes!
By Notacka 2017-09-02 14:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they should merge all servers. Asura and Odin don't need merges. They can merge 12 to 14 of the servers to make 9-10 servers. That would honestly save them money.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-09-02 21:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if you dont join a LS that does stuff, you prolly wont get much done on Bahamut, unless you run around with 4 mules and can pick up 2 extra people, or more mules lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-09-02 22:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ballzack said. Without friends, you just turn up lonely doing 5box events with yourself. No fun in that/gets old. A merge is inevitable for the games survival. Ask yourself where this game will be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. You really think the game will have the same amount of servers... more servers? /laugh. It will either get shut down with no merge or merge in the end down to one as people find other better things/RL/end of world

Post deleted by User.
By Justuas 2017-09-03 05:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
unless you run around with 4 mules and can pick up 2 extra people
How much of Escha/Reisenjama/Omen/Vagary/SR could you really do with 3 real players plus 3 mules?
Easy for some ppl. 3 mules would be buffers or something.
By Jetackuu 2017-09-05 18:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
What Ballzack said. Without friends, you just turn up lonely doing 5box events with yourself. No fun in that/gets old. A merge is inevitable for the games survival. Ask yourself where this game will be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. You really think the game will have the same amount of servers... more servers? /laugh. It will either get shut down with no merge or merge in the end down to one as people find other better things/RL/end of world
Matter of disagreement, most things are done with trusts anymore, hell I don't even feel the need to login my alts half the time.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-09-05 20:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
unless you run around with 4 mules and can pick up 2 extra people
How much of Escha/Reisenjama/Omen/Vagary/SR could you really do with 3 real players plus 3 mules?

Wouldnt be hard tbh, I mean you prolly wont be making Aeonics or anything like that, but we have a guy in our LS that can trio-box all omen bosses -Ou. I can duo SR on DRK with my Geo mule, vagary can be soloed by a sch or blm or some kinda combination like that? just need enter conditions. So I guess you'd be pretty much set if thats all your looking to do
[+]
By monkey33333333 2017-09-05 23:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

can do SR solo, Vagary solo, both escha T1-T3 solo escha (r) helems and the gods maybe hard but can be soloed and Kirin and WoC can be soloed if u have the silt to Brew (and the gear) reisenjama will be the only one thats need more then just you. or if u know how to rly work the add on u can make a 9 man group (9 Mules) and can kill everything that way if u rly want Aeonics
 Bahamut.Ballzack
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-09-06 00:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

monkey33333333 said: »
can do SR solo, Vagary solo, both escha T1-T3 solo escha (r) helems and the gods maybe hard but can be soloed and Kirin and WoC can be soloed if u have the silt to Brew (and the gear) reisenjama will be the only one thats need more then just you. or if u know how to rly work the add on u can make a 9 man group (9 Mules) and can kill everything that way if u rly want Aeonics
Cant brew anything if you want aeonics, so he'd have to find a way to kill Kirin and WoC normally and I guess you could painfully sch solo everything is Sky, Zi tah is a joke now a days, and I could see a solo on everything up to T3 Reisen except Maju but then again, I havent seen anyone attempt to solo maju so I could be wrong
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-09-06 16:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

NA/EU population has declined dramatically on Bahamut in the last few months. That could be people doing summer things, a mass of people afking from the game due to lack of content, but I believe most of this is server transfers to Asura.

EU community is non-existent now, and there really are only 2-3 LS capable of doing anything T4 with moderate or total success.

We are completely full and don't really take people unless they well known by current members, (A lot of our people currently aren't playing).

Not sure if the other 'top' Ls is taking people (Blame Mochi), my understanding is their 'recruitment process' is like ours, and Empyrean has been attempting to transition from social to more than that. (This LS might be your best bet)

There are a hand full of other socials around.

But like Elazar said, we went from around 600 to 300 during NA/EU times on weekdays, and during Friday/SAT/SUN it's about 500-700 i'd say with closest to 600.

This is a high JP population server, and that can get up to 1.2k on the weekends.

Tl;dr People who want end game and don't get into Inquisition or BlameMochi, end up leveling SMN and hoping to Asura, or just buy clears/aeonics. If the end game of 1.5 years ago isn't a concern for you, come to Bahamut.
[+]
By monkey33333333 2017-09-06 17:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ah thats is trun my bad on that BallZack