Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Quick Omen question about Chest floors
Quick Omen question about Chest floors
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-01 01:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible for Omen chest floors to be able to drop bodies or regal hand gear? Thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-01 02:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think chest can drop Ou stuff (they were created before and I don't see them updating them) and there hasn't been a single report of chests dropping bodies so far so, while maybe possible, I'd dare to say it's on an extremely low rate.
By Felgarr 2017-09-01 02:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm getting an Ou drop in a chest on a treasure floor. It was a regal earring.

1.) I have seen "open 2-3 chests" on treasure floor (resulting from 111,22,...999 omens but I need confirmation on the amount of omens)
2.) Treasure will mostly likely be Gil.
3.) It can be a mystical canteen KI, can be used to re-enter.
4.) Treasure can be items from any mid boss, omen boss or Ou.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-01 12:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't put it past Treasure floors dropping bodies, but consider the probabilities:

Every boss yields 2 drops, 1 slot being a chance at a body. The drop rate is Very low
Treasure floors are considerably rarer, since it has to be a consecutive number
Treasure floors contain 10-15(?) chests. Picking one that isn't(1) gil (2) canteen (3) an item you already have is very rare, and you get 3/15 chances at most to pick.

If bodies did load in the chests, it would be an extremely rare pick to find it, once you consider all of these probabilities. You're more likely to do 50 omen bosses straight and see a body drop than to do 50 omen bosses and see 10 treasure floors (and then pick that correct box for the body). The chance of getting an extra floor is totally random.

What needs to be considered, however, is the color of the treasure chests and how these potentially impact the quality of the items in the chest. I've seen pick 1/2/3 portent floors. Perhaps getting something like '666 Omens' makes the quality of the treasure (and the amount of gear loaded in those boxes) better than just a "111 omens" treasure floor. Just a theory.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-01 12:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Main reason I was curious was because the upcoming set of campaigns seem like they might have an increased treasure floor rate. So I was just curious if it was worth pursuing it for the rarer item drops or just doing normal card farms with whatever jobs people want to come on.

Thanks for the replies, so far it seems though for the rarer gear, while it may still be a possibile drop, is so rare nobody has ever actually seen it from a treasure floor so probably just better to go card farming.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-01 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well chest floors already are really rare, actually getting any gear on them when you get there is okish, and I'd only assume that distribution of said gear would be somewhat near what they are from the mobs ie what are bodies