Forum » FFXI » General » Possibly could be #1 MMO if remastered :D
Possibly could be #1 MMO if remastered :D
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 09:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They definitely do keep a vertical progression on gear, but at least every zone always stays used in way way or another as to never really deprecate old content. The only thing I can say I've retained and have continued to upgrade/use are the atma (relic) weapons.

The best zone in FFXI (to me) was Sea and that goes completely wasted today.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV in my humble opinion should have been FFXI-2. Just think of all the resources wasted on the first launch of XIV. Even if all they did was use some of that money on assets. At the very least XI could have some better animation etc etc.

To give SE credit they squeeze a lot out of game that was designed on a PS2...if you think about that alone it is a small miracle.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

14 beta thru 1.0 felt like an FFXI-2, except with Tanaka going overboard on the EQ grind fest. Even the GUI/Macros felt like an evolution of FFXI. Gridania felt like an upgraded Windy. Limsa was a Bastok/Jeuno Hybrid. Uldah as Sandy. They could have had a real shot of making a good successor had it not been for the punishing anti-grind mechanics.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at it this way the game marked it's 15 year anniversary any game that makes it that long should be celebrated. Doesn't matter if 300 people on your server play you are still enjoying it !
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 10:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep both subs active and bounce back and forth depending on what content they come up with; got legacy tramp stamp + bonus off it.

(I think they actually intend for most players to do that, since the dev's themselves play that way when they feel nostalgic.)
[+]
By Dragomir 2017-11-23 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently returned to the world of Vana'diel; I'd take an FFXI remastered edition and never sub to FFXIV again, and that's simply because Naoki Yoshida loves taking everything to the extreme with FFXIV and equally as bad is the fact he has not once, ever, tried to do things differently from 2.0-onward.
[+]
By nashred 2017-11-27 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority might like it simple but there are already so many simple games and you divide the player base up between them. Maybe there is enough looking for challenge still to make a successful game because no one is competing for them.
By nashred 2017-11-27 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it might take more than just a graphics update. I do not like FFXIV because it hands you everything and the equipment is outdated as fast as they hand it to you. Feels like a game for people who actually do not like mmo’s or like things easy. Everything is nerfed in no time. Hel you start jobs at 50 now not 0 if it is not your first job.. What is that all about? Also for 25$ you can purchase level 60…

Also seems now they are trying to make FFXI like FFXIV. Maybe this is preparing people to leave for FFXIV. But there is allot now in FFXI that reminds me of FFXIV gameplay.

Anyway there is allot right about FFXIV and FFXI could benefit from some of it.

FFXI needs new menu system. I like how in FFXIV you are able to search inventory or AH. Crafting in FFXIV is awesome and you unlock the recipes and always have them in your log not needing to look up stuff on the wiki all the time. . Map system works well letting you know where to go, hard to get lost. . You always know where to go when doing a mission and does not need the wiki open all the time again. The markers above their head let you know who has a quest. Party finder is nice so you do not need to shout all the time. Coming back from FFXIV for years you see what it did right and things I miss from it. FFXI is a very old game and needs some updates and some of that stuff would help. Those who have not played FFXIV do not know what you are missing with some of it. Problem is FFXIV is boring and repetitive as a game. It has lots of potential though but I doubt it will ever be realized. It is the whole horizontal progression thing that bothers me.

Also FFXI does not need to be as hard as it was in the past. Something in-between FFXI and FFXIV would be good. They went from being super hard to being super easy. I left FFXI for FFXIV looking for something that did not require as much time and slightly easier. I got the exact opposite a super simple game with no rewards unless you are into glamour. I could leave the game for 3 months go back and catch up in a month. I think something right in-between maybe a little closer to FFXI would work just fine.

FFXI could be redone and do well. I see so many saying people do not want a game like FFXI anymore and it would not survive. Look how many posts you see like this one hoping for a new FFXI. I know lots of people who left FFXI for FFXIV that also wish they would upgrade FFXI and would comeback. I also know some who left that would come back if they redid it. FFXI is still getting new content and making money which is proof. There still is a decent amount playing and it seems to be picking up. I came back a while ago and there were less people than there is now. I see more post now about people coming back sick of FFXIV or for whatever reason. The game is picking up some steam again and look how old it is.

You do not need to be the biggest to do well. We also do not need very MMORPG being like WOW. I just think there are enough people out there to support a game like FFXI.. The majority might like easier games but look how many games are fighting for that piece of the pie not leaving much behind. might be better going for those who like challenge. I would also be there are more out there than people think.
By anik 2017-11-27 15:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Scrap the current game. SE needs to hit a new generation and give them the same experience we had in the early 2000's.

Current FFXI caters to simpletons who play for BiS to satisfy daily addictions.

True Story bruh.
[+]