Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 09:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why doesn't drk have these spells?
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-20 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Because DRK has the highest Attack in the game and you actually want lower Defence because the harder you get hit the more HP Dread Spikes drains and the quicker your target dies.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-08-20 09:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

did this really need its own topic? you couldn't have posted in any of the other DRK threads?
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-20 10:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

they don't need attack, they don't need deffence because they can get 5k+ hp. end of story.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 10:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We do .. they are called Absorb-STR and Absorb-VIT. We don't really need Absorb-Atk because DRK already has a ***ton of attack so it's very negligible and wouldn't be noticeable in most situations. Absorb-Def would be fine if you're tanking and Dread Spikes goes down. However .. why would we need it when we can easily get 5k+ HP while other DDs have to make do with 2k? Don't you think we already got the advantage?

I'd rather see a boost to Absorb-ACC and Absorb-DEX so we can drain more of these stats. This would make using mythics easier on higher content as you can compensate for the lack of accuracy you'd usually get with a relic .. but if you're geared enough you ain't struggling unless you fight a T4 Reisen without optimal buffs.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 10:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So we can enfeeble the mob? DRK's are so self centered they think everything is about them. x.x Maybe it can be about enfeebling the mob?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-20 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
So we can enfeeble the mob? DRK's are so self centered they think everything is about them. x.x Maybe it can be about enfeebling the mob?

Bro what? You posted this in a dark thread and you're bothered people are concerned about ****SPOILER**** dark knight?
 Bismarck.Nariont
Server: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-08-20 12:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DRKs a DD not an enfeebler. Abs are fine as they are, and we dont need anymore, we barely use more than 4~ of em as it is, rest just sit there like most of drks spell list
By volkom 2017-08-20 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

if absorb attack gave +atk and +mab and absorb defense gave +def and +mdb that would be neat.

anywho~ wouldn't absorb def increase the damage of the party to some extent or would the effect be too minimal to matter?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 13:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Years ago when people referred to the job as "LOLdrk", that was the time to suggest things to improve the job. But it's not anymore .. DRK is very good at DDing and surviving these days, so if we got anything more I'd feel bad for jobs like Monk who really do need an update (the last one was not enough!). It feels like you are being selfish for DRKs.

"DRK's are so self centered they think everything is about them"

You are the only self centered DRK here. Appreciate what we have, because it's x1000 better than what we had back in the day. Think about Monk, think about other jobs which don't get much use. I'd rather SE focused on balancing jobs out .. then making DRK an even more powerful job than it already is.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
if absorb attack gave +atk and +mab and absorb defense gave +def and +mdb that would be neat.

anywho~ wouldn't absorb def increase the damage of the party to some extent or would the effect be too minimal to matter?

Depends how potent it is, and the target. Think about bubbles, songs, rolls .. DDs attack power .. does the mob have Dia III + Light shot on? Are you using a DRG's Angon? Are you using Tomahawk? Fighting in Escha? Omen? Ambuscade? Does the mob have any special mechanics for defense?

There's many factors .. but at the end of the day, DRK does not need a version of Angon. We have Absorb-VIT .. if we had Absorb-DEF on top of that we'd be expected to keep them both up instead of doing what we are supposed to do .. which is damage. Let the RDMs and GEOs enfeeble stuff.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 13:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They survive, if they have an apoc. Otherwise they're just meat for the grinder.
And, oh the horror, drk's would be expected to be something more than a meathead DD!
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-20 13:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it is a drk thread but calm down your emo titties for a moment and just soul eater yourself :).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 13:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They survive, if they have an apoc. Otherwise they're just meat for the grinder.
And, oh the horror, drk's would be expected to be something more than a meathead DD!

I don't have Apoc and live just fine .. anyone who can't survive with 5k+ HP should not be playing the job. I use my spells frequently .. when I know I can get away with it, not when I'm meant to be doing damage like all the other "meathead" DD.

You're trying so hard to rationalize this, and make your idea out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread .. that no one is going to take this seriously. Give it up man, no gives a crap about more absorb spells. Try suggest something that makes sense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I mean it is a drk thread but calm down your emo titties for a moment and just soul eater yourself :).

Reminds me of my 6-year-old nephew. He suggests something .. I say "no", he cries like a baby because I didn't like his epic idea which was sure to change the world. I don't like to be rude but .. man, the underlying anger because no one agreed is incredibly dumb.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, man; that's kinda emo. I've heard the rumors, but I didn't think them to be true.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 13:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. It's ok. It's going to be ok.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 14:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The rumors of what? Are you talking about my feelings? Dude, you'd know if you hurt my feelings. I wouldn't be here that's for sure. Just letting you know that your idea was bad, and you should feel bad. Me? I'm one happy guy today, as I've had a nice weekend. Planning to end it the same way.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-20 14:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 14:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope there's no lock, these "rumors" intrigue me. At least let me find me out what it is so I can have a good chortle.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-20 15:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The rumor is that you know why kids like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Spill the beans already!
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-20 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Years and years ago I suggested this along with abs-speed. Years. However they did one better with the increase to pdif for 2hders +giving us smite which is so much better as its always active and no casting delay. Absorb speed would have been great for along while there as that would have allowed us to have magical haste wish fully thinking along 10-30% level. However, we are already at the high end top for damage AND survivability with good sets/use of spells+abilities. I would like to see the absorbs spells taken up a notch yet but that's just me being selfish (or just stronger macc traits/gifts so they can land reliably on 135+)

If anything I agree with Kylos in that other jobs need a look over at not just damage potential but what else they bring, buffing other jobs, survival ability , mixed damage types, utility really.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-20 16:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, man; that's kinda emo. I've heard the rumors, but I didn't think them to be true.
Since you're obviously mentally challenged I will..no wait that's an insult to handicapped people. Here this might help you someone who obviously knows nothing about stats in this game.

STR (ATTACK)
Increases Attack and Ranged Attack. Base physical damage is modified by the difference between the attacker's STR and the defender's VIT ("fSTR"). Also used as an additional modifier ("WSC") for some Blue Magic and Weapon Skills. The difference between this stat in the Puppetmaster and their Automaton influences.

VIT(DEFENSE)
Increases Defense. Base physical damage is modified by the difference between the attacker's STR and the defender's VIT ("fSTR"). The ability user's VIT increases the HP restored of healing magic and Chakra and the HP of damage blocked of Rampart. The target's VIT increases the HP restored of Dancer's Waltzes. Increases the power of Jump. Also used as a modifier ("WSC") for some Blue Magic and Weapon Skills. The difference between this stat in the Puppetmaster and their Automaton influences.

Now reply and whine or read and think.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 16:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shhh... It's ok. I understand. You're not alone and you are loved. Remember that.
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-20 16:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between this stat in the Puppetmaster and their Automaton influences.
Influences what?
By Draylo 2017-08-20 16:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*throws tomato*
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-08-20 16:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dray! I haven't seen you post in a looooong time! How ya been, man?
By clearlyamule 2017-08-20 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
The difference between this stat in the Puppetmaster and their Automaton influences.
Influences what?
Burden when using maneuvers
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-20 22:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
*throws tomato*
:Eats tomato: mm I know facts hurt morons.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-20 22:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Influences what?
Influences the most important thing in this conversation! Oh wait this isn't a pup thread.
First Page 2