Humour Me Please :)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Humour me please :)
Humour me please :)
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-23 16:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all

I am a veteran of this game, (currently working shift so a bit bored)

I started playing 2004- Haven't played in 4 years! I can't believe how good the music was!

So please share any fond memories :)
Server: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-07-23 17:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fondest memories I have are simply the several good friends that I've made over the years. Many live far away and I've traveled to visit nearly all of them. Some multiple times!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-23 17:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »
I think the fondest memories I have are simply the several good friends that I've made over the years. Many live far away and I've traveled to visit nearly all of them. Some multiple times!

That's nice, unfortunately I lived across the pond.. it was never feasible.
Server: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-07-23 17:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I always loved the music as well. I took a big break after 2004(5?) and didn't come back for a good bit, but when I did I started up in Bastok (I know, eww bastok ;p) and the Bastok music just felt like home. Very nostalgic and comforting.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-23 17:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »
I always loved the music as well. I took a big break after 2004(5?) and didn't come back for a good bit, but when I did I started up in Bastok (I know, eww bastok ;p) and the Bastok music just felt like home. Very nostalgic and comforting.

My mule was always in Bastok, I remember leveling up on the mountain with that NM sheep.

I leveled all my low jobs in West Ronfaure I do miss the San'doria music :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2017-07-23 17:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I really enjoyed HNM camping, and the old exp grind.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-23 17:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said: »
I really enjoyed HNM camping, and the old exp grind.

You still play O.o

Yeah as sad as it was.. when your LS claim that HNM it was buzz :)

In Sky claiming Ulli was epic... damn RMT!
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2017-07-23 17:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, I still play!

I always liked spamming RMT's with fireworks at Ulli to get a mass DC from them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-23 17:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember you as a 60PLD in all white AF gear. How long ago was that?

I miss riding the ship from Selbina to Mhaura waiting for pirates! I never did get my club!
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2017-07-23 17:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, that must have been around 2005ish.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-24 00:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I always got lost in in Oldton Mov, the music was quirky in that zone. I spent a lot of time in Labrynth of Onzozo camping the NMs in there and farming crystals.
[+]
By silvanesti 2017-07-24 01:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely loved the CoP storyline. Can remember the fun I had running thru all the missions before they nerfed it.A pain in the *** to get people for, to gear for ect but hella fun at the same time.

Other good memories include weekly ENM fights with my duo partner. Mostly for BD, X's Knife, and the brothers one for the hedgehog bomb. Getting my Joyeuse. Losing every single lot in Dynamis Xarc for Rdm head. Every single Maat fight. Eveytime VV popped with her long *** lottery window. (Never did get her drop) The fun of my first Kirin fight. The first time AV popped after JoL and slaughtered us.

Also loved the xp grind before lvl sync.

Best of all was just doing stuff with friends. People log in and we're like, ok what shall we do?

Just started playing again recently. Hella fun but miss having my friends around.

Edit: Yeah the music is awesome!
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-24 15:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

silvanesti said: »
Absolutely loved the CoP storyline. Can remember the fun I had running thru all the missions before they nerfed it.A pain in the *** to get people for, to gear for ect but hella fun at the same time.

Other good memories include weekly ENM fights with my duo partner. Mostly for BD, X's Knife, and the brothers one for the hedgehog bomb. Getting my Joyeuse. Losing every single lot in Dynamis Xarc for Rdm head. Every single Maat fight. Eveytime VV popped with her long *** lottery window. (Never did get her drop) The fun of my first Kirin fight. The first time AV popped after JoL and slaughtered us.

Also loved the xp grind before lvl sync.

Best of all was just doing stuff with friends. People log in and we're like, ok what shall we do?

Just started playing again recently. Hella fun but miss having my friends around.

Edit: Yeah the music is awesome!
CoP was the best expansion and the storyline was amazing, I was in charge of getting new members through CoP missions, I knew them off by heart.

I did the ENM a lot for Hagun and Cloud evoker. If it ever becomes free I'll return for nostalgic purposes.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-24 18:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the one thing that no other game really has is the whole sneak/invis mechanic. nothing really compared to sneaking past a room full of monsters that would wipe you and your friends. finding spots to stop, recast and move again as one big unit. these days most games just warp you to the fight. something about the tedious things in xi made it feel more important and made you feel more accomplished. no games these days really give that to me.
[+]
By Artemicion 2017-07-24 18:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Yeah, the end of CoP was always a tearjerker. Account for the several months of going through each mission with my old LS static and close buddies, and you got some guaranteed waterworks from me.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By silvanesti 2017-07-24 20:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Along those lines, Was thrilling being thf75/nin and swapping into full evasion gear as a true sight VT mob aggros in ulegrande range and having so much evasion stacked that you can utsusemi and then log out before it lands a blow

Omg yeah I remember those days. On rdm though, running to get KI for brothers and aggroing those true sight mobs. ES Sleep and log off lol. Good days.

Edit: Other things I remember fondly/ vividly... Being in the dunes on a whm and getting tells for raises all over the place lol. After a while I learned to /anon in the dunes lol.

Logging in on rdm or brd and instantly getting blind invites. Or the opposite of trying to lvl thf and getting no invites lmao, that I ended up making all the partys till 75.

Watching people new to sea die to sharks, UFOs and pots in the garden also cracked me up.
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2017-07-27 19:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Running around mindlessly and dying Exploring Vanadiel with my boyfriend at the time. All of our other friends were partying in college or going to bars and we were partying in Yuhtunga Jungle on a Friday night instead.

Making friends that I still talk to even years after they quit.

Clicking every single ??? I came across.

When I could finally cook meat mithkabobs and pineapple juice I would park myself in Selbina by the zone with ingredients and craft. XI was my first MMO so there was something so thrilling to me about having another player come up to me, check my bazaar and buy my stuff lol.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-07-27 19:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Exploring and trying to get farther and farther into Inner Horutoto Ruins at level 20-30, thinking I was making some kind of progress or that I would find some chest at the end.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-07-27 20:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Cianti said: »
Hi all

I am a veteran of this game, (currently working shift so a bit bored)

I started playing 2004- Haven't played in 4 years! I can't believe how good the music was!

So please share any fond memories :)
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2017-07-28 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I always got lost in in Oldton Mov, the music was quirky in that zone. I spent a lot of time in Labrynth of Onzozo camping the NMs in there and farming crystals.

I remember seeing you in LoO :D
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-30 14:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shotzie said: »

I think that's how we met all those years ago! you were hunting OSE? I ended helping you and we became friends!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-30 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 23 years old when I started playing this game and heard the original version of this track when I stepped out of bastok to try and kill a bat. But this track captures the excitement I was feeling at the time to be playing a final fantasy online, and my first MMO. I'm almost 40 now...I've played this game longer than it takes to get from grade 1 to grade 12.. holy ***my head is spinning because my brain is trying to come to terms with that... RUN.. RUN... NEVER COME BACK... DON'T LET THE EMOTIONS DRAW YOU BACK IN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
[+]
By Chevalios 2017-07-30 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

8 years ago I saved a low-level Mithra being chased by a Quadav on Hades. Her mom was an Elvaan named Chevalier and my Elvaan is named Chevalios... They joined our LS and I married the little Mithra's mom in game a few months later and moved from Europe to the US to marry her mom IRL. Happily married... With a couple of step-Mithra. No good deed goes unpunished ;)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2017-07-30 18:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's how we met all those years ago! you were hunting OSE? I ended helping you and we became friends!

Yup! :)
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-31 18:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I was 23 years old when I started playing this game and heard the original version of this track when I stepped out of bastok to try and kill a bat. But this track captures the excitement I was feeling at the time to be playing a final fantasy online, and my first MMO. I'm almost 40 now...I've played this game longer than it takes to get from grade 1 to grade 12.. holy ***my head is spinning because my brain is trying to come to terms with that... RUN.. RUN... NEVER COME BACK... DON'T LET THE EMOTIONS DRAW YOU BACK IN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Yeah I was in the same spot, I was in my early twenties. I started playing this after I played ff7 and 8 on my PS1

memories are great but it can't be replicated! meeting all my friends and working together and getting excited doing my limit breaks. I was so happy when I leveled my WHM to 75! I spent a week sat in the dunes just raising and curing people! :)
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-07-31 18:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup! :)

Hope you are well after all these years... :)
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-07-31 19:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, hey, a sam. That works. Do you mind opening with Enpi so I can close with Viper Bite. Thanks.
By Kodaijin 2017-08-09 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when FFXI was a bit harder...
Just found this online and wanted to share the nostalgia.
[+]
First Page 2