Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Mercenary service
Mercenary service
 Asura.Senrii
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sensenri
By Asura.Senrii 2018-07-30 22:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump! ^^ Please hit me or Rebel up if you are interested.
 Asura.Senrii
By Asura.Senrii 2018-08-15 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Free this week and next week if anyone needs anything ^^ PM me!
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-15 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill me some helms pls.
 Asura.Senrii
By Asura.Senrii 2018-09-02 16:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a few slots for mercs after Monday. If you are interested, hit me up in game (Senrii or Rebelscum) or on FFXIAH private messages.
By Eneco 2018-09-06 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Highly recommend the services of these two, they're very flexible, trustworthy, and overall very enjoyable to work with.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Eneco said: »
Highly recommend the services of these two, they're very flexible, trustworthy, and overall very enjoyable to work with.

They may be nice, but do they still overcharge?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 15:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Eneco said: »

They may be nice, but do they still overcharge?

Everyone overcharges.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is "overcharges"? An item is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. These "clears" or "merc items" have no value on the black market. If a person is selling Utu grip for 30m and the buyer complains that his "friend" bought it for 10m, that's just economics.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 15:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

3m for T1 is overcharging, no matter how you slice it.

These *** mercs on asura think they can get 3m for a 60 second fight. Shits straight HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 16:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Reisenjima T1s? People sell Reis-gear from those same fights, for more than 3mil. It's the same 60 seconds. How is that exploiting? It's the same service being provided, you're just paying for the physical clear.

Making 3mil takes like 1 hour during Gain-Gil for a complete scrub. Some of those T1s (Kist, Sabotender) are kind of irritating to be quite fair. Yes, most really good players can solo them easily, but do you think a returning player can even solo one of those NMs? Most average players can't. Many of these people grind out ambuscades on low level just to afford hallmark sellables to buy ***like clears/gear. It's all commensurate.

Does it make sense that you can make 15mil within 10-15minutes doing ambuscade VD and selling clears (along with spending your gallantry/HM)?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 16:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, there's no debate to be had here. You're just pissing into the wind on this one.

There is no circumstance where a selkit drop is worth 3m. Or Belphagore. or Taelmoth.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 17:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do something. T1 prices for 3mil+ are absurd and you're taking advantage of newer players by charging that much. I would rather new players have a more achievable set of gear to get started so they stick to the game. Absurdly high prices just encourage buying Gil and/or botting.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-06 17:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do something. T1 prices for 3mil+ are absurd and you're taking advantage of newer players by charging that much. I would rather new players have a more achievable set of gear to get started so they stick to the game. Absurdly high prices just encourage buying Gil and/or betting.

100% agree. I greatly distain it when people obviously rip off new players. Even stuff like "selling" levels feels like taking advantage to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 17:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do something. T1 prices for 3mil+ are absurd and you're taking advantage of newer players by charging that much. I would rather new players have a more achievable set of gear to get started so they stick to the game. Absurdly high prices just encourage buying Gil and/or betting.

100% agree. I greatly distain it when people obviously rip off new players. Even stuff like "selling" levels feels like taking advantage to me.

An amount of PL/merc is ok. It's a necessary evil. the taking advantage of people/overcharging is the ***.

Like when you get Pl 1-99 you make some of that money back in sparks/accos/crystals/npcables. You just get straight molested when you pay someone 3m for a fight that takes a literal minute.
By Afania 2018-09-06 17:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Reisenjima T1s? People sell Reis-gear from those same fights, for more than 3mil. It's the same 60 seconds. How is that exploiting? It's the same service being provided, you're just paying for the physical clear.

Making 3mil takes like 1 hour during Gain-Gil for a complete scrub. Some of those T1s (Kist, Sabotender) are kind of irritating to be quite fair. Yes, most really good players can solo them easily, but do you think a returning player can even solo one of those NMs? Most average players can't. Many of these people grind out ambuscades on low level just to afford hallmark sellables to buy ***like clears/gear. It's all commensurate.

Does it make sense that you can make 15mil within 10-15minutes doing ambuscade VD and selling clears (along with spending your gallantry/HM)?

Merc can make 15m in 10 min of ambuscade VD is the entire reason why T1 still cost 3m. Because if they sell T1 for less they'd just merc ambu for better gil instead.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 17:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to hear anything about "Exploiting new players" and "this encourages buying gil". You're not going to convince some guy with a credit card to work hard to progress through the ranks in a 15+ year old game to finally be able to beat a T1 boss, when he can Gain-Gil and get it in one hour tops. It's amazing that all of a sudden people "Care" about people being exploited, I'm not about to fall for that smokescreen. LoH is just an exception to this on Asura because he's spent time helping new people with nearly nothing in return.

If it bothers you that much, offer every single person who shouts for something to do it for free. Time = money, right? You guys love throwing that phrase around. As long as there's people willing to put exorbitant prices on items (hey Cor Dagger for 500m), there's going to be a market for people to buy those exorbitant items. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? If you're going to blame one, blame the other.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 18:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think criticizing what people spend on new BiS items is completely out of the context here. People plopping down 500m for those things are established endgame players, not brand new players who don't know how any of the content works.

As for ambuscade Merc vs t1 those are entirely different too. Ambuscade generally takes a few people and a more specific strategy. I can kill any reisen t1 in 15-90s just with my dualbox. The scale of difficulty is entirely different.
By Afania 2018-09-06 18:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, but as a seller it's still only natural to sell at a price that's higher not lower.

If 3m per T1 drop is an issue, the best way to counter it would be yell for lower price or offer for free. Since the lack of info(like AH) to compare merc prices is probably the reason why 3m per piece still has market. People would pay for 3m if they don't know what the real avg price is.

I wouldn't discuss moral issues in a merc/economy discussion. That's too dramatic.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 18:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a business. This is still a *** video game. We should encourage people to ENJOY the game, which means using a little bit of compassion with your prices. You don't have to aspire to be the exploitative capitalist.
By Afania 2018-09-06 19:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We should encourage people to ENJOY the game,

Sure we should. But point fingers on T1 item prices won't solve any of the issues, nor it's core of the issue.

Personally, I think 3m T1 price is probably just the result of
1) Many people who has the ability to offer merc service has other things to do in game. Such as merc ambu for 15m in 10 min.

2) Those who paid for the expensive gears don't give a damn about their gil. Maybe they buy gil, maybe not, I don't know. But if they are willing to pay that much, then the price will stay high.

3) The lack of info like AH when it comes to merc services. If a new player asked for item price and got "3m" as an answer, they may think that's the real market price when in fact it may not be.

I feel that if there are more info available to compare prices at least overcharge would happen a lot less.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 19:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They literally don't advertise the price, so that they can take advantage like that.

This is why you see shouts with no price. So they can find out how stupid you are. And how much you're willing to over pay.

If you ever see a shout with no price, it is NOT what the average merc sells said thing for.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 19:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I have left to buy from ambuscade is pluton and boulders, and Merc price on asura is 5mil D and 7mil VD.

Lack of knowledge about prices is exactly why it's being mentioned here, and also exactly why it's exploitative to price it higher when people don't know any better.

I merc'd for a guy last night who would need to go to salvage to make Gil after I finished getting him his stuff. It's like an hour and a half of salvage to buy one t1 item at the 3mil price, when I sold him 7 pieces of gear for 10.5mil and it took me an hour and a half, and he got to keep all stones in the pool as well. I still made 7 digits in under 2 hours, went home with plenty of stones myself and he has far less grinding time to make up for it. He is going to keep playing (and coming back to me) for more. He would take another week or so of playtime to grind out the Gil at those prices and it is absurd.

I want people to stick with this game. If we ever were to get another expansion or more story it would be from growing the playerbase. So I don't want new players chased off from the grind just to start this game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 19:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a video game to some. People come on here bragging about 6 boxing content and selling Gil for a living. People throw out the whole "time=money" argument because this game is business. Has nothing to do with morality. In fact, 2boxing or anything like it IS THE SAME AS BUYING GIL; You're just trading additional character for the chance at more drops and easier solo. You guys don't have a leg to stand on here because the same people talking about over charging will 6 box some content for you and sell you the item or clear for a "fair price". Meanwhile amassing 6x the number of ordinary spoils for profit. Why wouldn't this game be about business?

There's literally only two options to combat this: sell the content for cheaper or but somewhere else. Boycotts and complaining do nothing. New players don't come here for error
Your opinions on what gear prices should cost. They go in the game and ask for a merc and are offered a price. They can take it, haggle, or leave it.

You know, have you ever wondered why Asian people set up Chinese restaurants and beauty supply stores in certain neighborhoods? It's not about feeding people or giving them a fair price, its about business. When people buy, business is booming. This is the same scenario. Morals don't matter to many.

Oh, and the reason the price isn't displayed is because of simple reasons. People like Eiryl will shout back that he's overcharging and it will be a mess. Every price is negotiable in mercs, this is why it's not displayed. Because if you throw out a very high number, you can always come down. But if you throw out a low number, you can't go up. It's the same reason on job interviews you're supposed to tell them you want 10-15k more than you know they'll pay you, because they MIGHT agree to it. And if not, you can come back down. It's about controlling the service and the sale.

Sometimes there is exploitation, but that doesn't exist when there's equal competition.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 19:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Oh, and the reason the price isn't displayed is because of simple reasons. People like Eiryl will shout back that he's overcharging and it will be a mess.

You know how you eliminate that problem? By not overcharging! Easy right!

If your ***is reasonable, even slightly above reasonable, I can't be bothered. It's regoddamndiculousness that I'll lol@

If you try and charge 12m for a VD merc, I'm gonna say "hey don't pay that ***" that's unreasonable. What's disturbing is that no one else will. (very few will*)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 20:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If Herculean set was sold on AH, how much do you think it would go for with even average augments? You can't call it overcharging when there is no set price for it, and there isn't even a comparable item to replace it. It beats damn near some of the abjuration gear for many scenarios. 3M is not overpricing AT ALL.

Again, and item is worth only what people are willing to pay for it.

Remember when you said that people who bought dynamis weapons for 500m were idiots with a bunch of gil? The person who overpays for the Herculean Trousers is equally an 'idiot' (your words) and the smart one was the person who sold it for high price.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 20:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If herc were on the AH it'd be like 100k, at most.

Far too common. Far too easy. Far to cheap to pop.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If Herculean gear was on the AH it would be under 500k because of how easy it is to get.

Edit: Yes I would say 100k or less is entirely plausible because of how stupidly easy it is to acquire.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-09-06 20:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The laws of economics says that if you think people are making huge profits by charging 3mil per T1 kill then you should compete with them by mercing it yourself at a lower price.

If you find yourself not in competition with these guys then you obviously have something else better to do that is worth a lot more than 3mil mercing. Therefore, the 3mil price is fair because the opportunity cost for mercing would be close to 3mil.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-06 20:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Opportunity cost is no where near 3m per minute.