users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower 4 Random Crash
Windower 4 Random Crash
 Siren.Mushkabibble
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Mushkabibble 2017-05-17 00:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently my Pol has been crashing randomly. But it's really inconsistent. It's usually after 3-4 hours of playtime (idle or moving). It doesn't happen on the vanilla client, only through windower. It's just super frustrating when in the middle of a battlefield, BOOM instant pol crash. There is never a warning or anything, just instant crash.

Here is the dump file. (I did not know how to save the .dmp so I hope this is enough)

Haaaalp. Much appreciated!
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-17 01:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Try here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50727/windower-wont-start-windower-v43-and-the-creators
 Siren.Mushkabibble
By Siren.Mushkabibble 2017-05-17 21:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the reply!

I scoured that post and from what I understand windower has already auto updated. Some more information on my crash. I disabled all plugins/addons and it still crashed after the previously mentioned time frame. Also, after a crash I cannot re-open windower on the first attempt. It crashes 1-2 times before it will re-open.

I am operating with windows 10 (I do not have the creators update installed)
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-05-17 22:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mushkabibble said: »
Thank you for the reply!

I scoured that post and from what I understand windower has already auto updated. Some more information on my crash. I disabled all plugins/addons and it still crashed after the previously mentioned time frame. Also, after a crash I cannot re-open windower on the first attempt. It crashes 1-2 times before it will re-open.

I am operating with windows 10 (I do not have the creators update installed)

If you set up automatic crashdumps, they should show up in the dumps folder in your Windower install. Upload the dump somewhere (dropbox, whatever), and post the link here.

It'll be difficult to determine what the issue is without the actual crashdump.
 Diabolos.Mushkabibble
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Mushkabibble 2017-05-17 22:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Once it Crashes again I will create a new dump
 Diabolos.Mushkabibble
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Mushkabibble 2017-05-18 02:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this is what I got from my most recent crash. I have no idea how to save it or upload it other then copy/paste.
 Siren.Mushkabibble
By Siren.Mushkabibble 2017-05-18 18:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If that is not the correct information, please let me know and I will try whatever needs to be done.