users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Serica Cloth can die in a fire
Serica Cloth can die in a fire
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-27 19:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally hit my kaykaus cuffs+1...and this mat can die a grisly death. SE should seriously consider adding this to a future login campaign considering that it's only source is a VW battle NOT affected by the VW campaign, and the battles don't drop dross/cinder/plates/pouches, meaning it is rarely, if ever, done except for this material. And when it is, we're fighting a lower chance than say, Sealord Skins and the like.

Just my two cents as I fume after 6+ months of scraping together cloths and coming inches from creating a character on other servers just for mats. Even on relatively docile servers, nothing should be so rare that people feel the need to jump just for materials. /rantoff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rizla
Server: Cerberus
user: Mystil
By Cerberus.Rizla 2017-03-27 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Id say it Rare-Uncommon from HKSNM50(Bia orb) "Nest of Nightmares" when the added drops thing is on.

So although not a good one, this is another source.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-27 19:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed, it was added there (although was this a permanent addition, or just for the campaign last month?)
By clearlyamule 2017-03-27 19:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This most recent campaign was just for SCK 10 and had weird drops not a lot of people that weren't byrth did more than a few so not sure we got full drops of those.

However all previous seal campaigns have contained it in I believe all the battles effected since they introduced it like 2 years ago. Same thing with the legion and other vw mats