Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » concerning mob status
concerning mob status
By maxdecphoenix 2017-03-21 04:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a known variable which is accessable by any addon or plugin which handles whether a mob is 'ringing' with a skillchain element?

When a player lands a WS, there has to be a variable that changes so when player2 lands their WS, the server can decide if it needs to execute the 'isSkillChain?' subroutine or not, or just update the variable.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-03-21 05:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's what you're looking for :

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50326/modifying-skillchainslua/

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/Skillchains
By maxdecphoenix 2017-03-21 05:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a nifty addon, but it's way more than I require. I think I can look through the code to find how it gets the variable from the packet though. Thanks.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-21 06:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my days this is my favourite thing ever.
By maxdecphoenix 2017-03-21 08:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I been modding the code for awhile now to see if i can implement the utility I want without, what is personal preference, unnecessary information-overload, and I've noticed a few things.

It's a good add-on, but it appears to be missing several trusts, it interprets a few trust WS erroneously, and, from looking at the code, not all the physical blue spells have been implemented. So it's likely missing some other spells.

I haven't spent much time on it, but, it appears that straight WS data is pulled directly from res/weapon_skills, however all other SC'able abilities weren't. And I'm not exactly sure why.

The thing is though, windower/the addon register those spells being used, it's just that when it goes to evaluate what was done, the developers chose to use secondary lists created as lua lists, instead of using the appropriate res/'data'. And those lists are incomplete.
By maxdecphoenix 2017-03-21 08:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

another thing I noticed, is it will trigger anytime ANYONE uses a WS or chainable spell/ability. So expect problems when people outside your party are in the area.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Server: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-03-21 08:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They only use the windower resources for weapons skill cause its the only one that has skillchain info. You can't automatically extract that info cause it's not in dat files, so it need to be added manually through the fixes.xml on the resources extractor and only the weapons skills one was added.

There is no value to determine if a mob has a skillchain property applied, this info is server side, so the only way is to parse the action packet to track if a ws was used on it. When a SC is succesfully completed the action packet send the info as an added effect, if you don't have ws filtered.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-21 11:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything Kenshi said is correct and worth keeping in mind.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2017-03-21 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything relating to skillchain information was written out by hand in one way or another, whether it's directly in the addon or from the resources, so you should naturally expect incomplete information and potential incorrect values. I took a pass at this awhile back, and it's a very time consuming task to say the least.
By maxdecphoenix 2017-03-21 12:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Everything relating to skillchain information was written out by hand in one way or another, whether it's directly in the addon or from the resources, so you should naturally expect incomplete information and potential incorrect values. I took a pass at this awhile back, and it's a very time consuming task to say the least.

oh, I'm aware. I wrote a gui skillchain calculator in python several years ago now, and i didn't use res/ for anything. I culled all the data i implemented from bg or wiki, and i never finished implementing everything. I'm not a coder by trade so everything i've done is hobby stuff and being self taught. Nothing I said was meant to offend, was just stating the facts as i saw them.
By Sammeh 2017-03-21 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »

Oh my days this is my favourite thing ever.

You don't know how giddy I get when I see people randomly quote stuff I've created (or helped with) and how they like it. I'm glad you like it! Check out the bunch of other things on my git I'm sure you'll be happy ;)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Sammeh 2017-05-07 13:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an FYI. I never realized that skillchains reduce 1 second per-step and stop after 6 steps. So I fixed up my modded Skillchains to version 1.7 to accurately reflect the timers per-step now.

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/NotMine_Modified/Skillchains

(hold a moment, intro'd new bug will fix haha! Nothing like pre-posting!)

-Sammeh
By Sammeh 2017-05-07 13:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry 1.7.1 now fixed on the target nil issue.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-08 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easy way to adjust your box so that it's smaller, and the only thing it shows is the time remaining on the SC window?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Midgardsormr.Turlos
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Turlos
By Midgardsormr.Turlos 2017-07-24 12:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh,

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I use your skillchains.lua and was wondering how would I go about trying to add in some of the missing trust Weaponskills to it?

I see in the skillchains.lua file where there is a Trust section, their weaponskills and the weaponskill properties listed. The part that I am unsure of is the ID associated with each. If I was wanting to go find some of the others (such as Shantotto II, Gessho, etc), how would I find the ID for the weaponskill? Such as Shibaraku or Lesson in Pain?

Just from usage, I could likely figure out the elemental properties, just not sure where the ID comes from.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!