Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Kunwu
Kunwu
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2017-03-16 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a reliable way to get kunwu ore/iron? ive tried mining and the merit oryou fight, had 0 results with both. old bahamut and oryou doesnt really seem like an option due to the required items to get entry.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-04-06 15:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Funf said: »
Anyone know a reliable way to get kunwu ore/iron? ive tried mining and the merit oryou fight, had 0 results with both. old bahamut and oryou doesnt really seem like an option due to the required items to get entry.

There isn't a good one. Sorry. I've been scraping together what extremely little I can and have looked into it multiple times, your best options are as follows:

Find a way to reliable solo/duo (or whatever) Oreo on D/VD and just spam it. Drop rate is low-ish but worthwhile. BST is great for this and SMN may be as well?

Mining is utter ***. Over like 30 hours of mining in the past year or so I've gotten 0. *** mining.

Old Bahamut / Ouryu are really the way to go, but they both are actually still level capped to 75 so good luck. I've never once been able to get people together to do it.

Most reliable way is to depend on gobbie box and the reset of the server doing random merit fights to do it and put it on the AH. Just make sure you're better at buying that everyone else.
By Aeyela 2017-04-06 16:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in Poland too long when I read this title as "Kurwa", although I find myself saying that a lot trying to procure Smithing ingredients too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-06 16:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

CHUJ KURWA
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-06 19:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Old Bahamut / Ouryu are really the way to go, but they both are actually still level capped to 75 so good luck. I've never once been able to get people together to do it.

These fights aren't level capped you just can't use trusts. I went and soloed it recently for fun since I got a cloud evoker from uninvited guests.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-06 19:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't the ENMs for the evokers still capped though?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-06 20:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the ENM's are, but uninvited guests is uncapped. You're not gonna exactly be rolling in evoker's from it since it's limited to once a week but it's super easy to do and the evoker rate is not terrible.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-04-06 20:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

These fights aren't level capped you just can't use trusts. I went and soloed it recently for fun since I got a cloud evoker from uninvited guests.

Oh really? That's interesting.

But yeah last time I tried to solo a 75 cap ENM I got *** rocked. Would probably be doable if I took more than 5 minutes to get proper gear for it.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-06 22:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

Oh really? That's interesting.

But yeah last time I tried to solo a 75 cap ENM I got *** rocked. Would probably be doable if I took more than 5 minutes to get proper gear for it.
Depends on the one. I think a couple of them were soloable on the right job geared for back then but that might be a little tough today since F spending that much time gearing for 75 lol.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-06 23:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, with the upgrades to nuking since then (elemental celerity, lower mp cost, high base dmg), and looking at the way equipment gets scaled to level cap, it might be doable with just a chatoyant staff and whatever regular ilvl gear. Maybe I should try ule ENM for lulz, I recall that dropping evokers the best.