Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Updated store tp 4 shot set
Updated store tp 4 shot set
 Phoenix.Bunas
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Teapo
By Phoenix.Bunas 2017-03-15 02:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good store tp set that doesn't involve Telos. I just afterglowed my anni and I want to get a good 4 shot going.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-03-15 08:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 349995

Here is basic not to bad equip to get. You will need +51 STP to get 4 hit take stuf out put stuff in this has +51.

Cape is +10 STP of course
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2017-03-15 20:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of options if you don't want to mess with Store TP augments on Herculean, or haven't gotten items from Omen:

ItemSet 350003

If I remember correctly because of Annihilator's lower delay you'll need a little more than 51 Store TP. This set is almost 70 Store TP before Beret proc, so you can make adjustmenst to rings and earrings to accommodate ranged accuracy.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-15 22:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

167 base on annihilator

coro set likely has 11 minimum(herc trousers, perun+1, apate ring)

1000 - { 185 return from coro, 150 from hat procs } = 665 needed
665 / 3 = 222 tp needed
222 / 167 = 33 store tp needed

if you count on only 2/3 hat procs, it's 715 needed and 44 store tp
if you count on only 1/3 hat procs, it's 765 needed and 53 store tp
if you count on no hat procs or ditch relic hat entirely, you'd need 815 tp and that would require 63 store tp

HOWEVER, you should be aiming to get samurai roll and 3hit

Assume 36 from samurai roll(7 roll with no crooked, no job points, and no hat proc.. pretty much worst case any reasonable cor will leave up)

1000 - { 245 return from coro, 100 from hat procs } = 655

715 / 2 = 328

328 / 167 = 97 store tp needed

ditch 36 from sam roll and left needing 61.. if you know you'll be getting crooked or having a sam in party you can adjust accordingly(~11 less for crooked, ~12 less for samurai, ~25 less for both)
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-15 23:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like unless your lua tracks rolls etc, best to aim for 63 in any situation if you can and be done :D gets you a 4hit always AND 3hit with a 7 roll which is minimum a cor should leave up. Thats cool to know :D
By Zeak 2017-03-16 00:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, nowadays, you pretty much have to go out of your way to NOT get a 4-hit build. We have access to so much S.TP, that with the introduction of Nusku Shield, we literally have an S.TP option for every non-ammo slot; 99% of them also have ranged stats attached. We actually have enough gear that even Xbow/Gandiva have little issue maintaining a 4-hit build, with or without /SAM. The only thing you generally have to factor is whether or not you need the extra accuracy from dropping Relic hat, but with the evasion nerfs and Relic weapons available, it can sit comfortably on your head in a lot of situations. Although, if you're using Last Stand/Trueflight, any overflow of TP is welcome, so you aren't exactly penalized for stacking too much S.TP anyway. I'd play Devil's advocate and say there are situations where certain gimmicks like stacking Crit over extra S.TP are an alternative, but that's probably going off topic.

To move the discussion along, I'd like to point out that we'll probably be looking at standard 3-hit builds in the near future. The power creep of gear is a real thing, and if Omen drops are any indication, we are gonna be drowning in S.TP if Relic/Empy upgrades become a reality. Some weapons, like Aeonics/Skirmish weapons, can already get a 3-hit build, but they take a hit in accuracy due to going /SAM and using lower accuracy gear (Mekki-Shakki, Arcadian Beret, Amini pants, etc). Even Annihilator can achieve a 3-hit right now, but it requires 3 Recycle procs, and that means using Relic Beret during Last Stand or Coronach. It's not exactly the most ideal set-up, but it does show where we could be heading with future gear. The advantage here is that we could drop reliance on COR or Samurai's Roll a bit in favor of something else, but I can imagine scenarios where they'll still be needed/desired.

Just a little theory-crafting to keep in mind while moving forward, but in the meantime, your main focus should just be a) Capping accuracy against your targets, and b) Getting the most out of your shots depending on PT set-up. Definitely follow the advice of trying to get enough S.TP to achieve a 3-hit with a bad Samurai Roll, but do not neglect gear alternatives. Accuracy is always gonna be important, even with Relic weapons, so don't be scared of having to go /SAM if it means it'll save you some important gear slots. Keep your options open and try to accrue enough gear to maintain different sets for different situations.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-20 08:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As was once said month's ago, and is so true... other jobs want a pocket GEO or pocket BRD- we crave a pocket COR. I've yet to be convinced otherwise in terms of importance to our damage output.

With the changes to Omen, my group now brings a dboxed COR when I'm on RNG...it's like crack and allows me to be the only DD on our Kei runs effectively. Ok yeah, we let our decked out BRD whack stuff on fodder floors... but being able to self skillchain without double shot up is so incredibly powerful and melts the midboas with only me and our RUN actually dd'ing it.

A 4 hit should honestly be your minimum. And unless you're sporting a relic or empy with triple procs on your regular attacks, your damage is so skewed to weaponskills (still is with relic/empy weapon, just not as severe) that any method to increase that weaponskill frequency is going to be your best bet. As was pointed out above me, there's so much Store TP available WITH racc that rarely are you sacrificing. 3 hit should be your goal.