Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-11 13:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Yeah, this "job card" business sounds bogus. And even if we did get it, it seems so rare that it's essentially worthless and would likely be a for a job we wouldn't care about if it did drop.

SE is sticking to their word...and the word is bolded below:

Quote:
Microcosmic Orb Campaign
Vanquishing certain monsters in the following battlefields will occasionally reward players with job cards and a variety of other items.

Totally not surprised.
So true lol occasionally means 5 percent chance in SE words lol
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-11 13:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
Asura.Darkox said: »
Voidwatch is giving 550% bonus that means the campaign is up.

if VW campaingn is up, where's the Wanted Dial? dont they all start at the same time?
After reading the Japanese site wanted dial was not listed as part of the campaign. It "might" be a translation error
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-03-11 13:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Trust me don't waste your time on this. Go to Morta, Uptala, or Bis use 5 displaces per mob and go to town. You will thank me later.

true, if all you wanted was GIL, but if you want Job Cards, and cant get into Omen, this is another method, gil cant buy Cards.
You need 40 cards to upgrade one job set to +2. From what I'm reading here so far, the drop rate on cards seems to be like a 10% drop rate (and thats being really really generous seeing as how the first couple posts show 1 card in 26 fights), or 10 fights per card. Presuming you get insanely lucky and load up only the job card you're looking for, thats still 400 SKC10's, just for one job worth of cards.

Except the drop rate isnt 10%, and you cant isolate to a singular job card. This campaign event is absolute garbage.

If there were 5/6 job cards per BC, and the main boss dropped two cards (like the HKC event), you'd be looking at 1 card you want per 3 fights and 120 fights (which is still 1200 SKC) to get your 40 cards. But thats not the case.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-03-11 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me don't waste your time on this. Go to Morta, Uptala, or Bis use 5 displaces per mob and go to town. You will thank me later.
This is also (potentially) bad advice though. I ran the numbers with a friend, based on the drop rates reported on ffxidb, as well as the value of mats on Carby.

Running 7 chars, over 10 kills, these NM's would net this much estimated gil (in order):
Akvan 8.7m
Pil 7.9m
Bismarck 6.8m
Voidwrought 6m
Hahava 6m
Kaggen 5.5m
Morta 4.7m
Celaeno 4.5m
Qilin/Aello/Uptala 3.6m (~9 HMP per pouch)

Cross server prices do vary, and dont account for sale rate. Sale rate on relic +2 upgrade mats are dodgy anyways because no ones farming them outside of VW events, despite whatever the heck SE wants to claim.
[+]
By Chyula 2017-03-11 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted dial = SE's early april fool joke
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 15:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
This is also (potentially) bad advice though. I ran the numbers with a friend, based on the drop rates reported on ffxidb, as well as the value of mats on Carby.

Running 7 chars, over 10 kills, these NM's would net this much estimated gil (in order):
Akvan 8.7m
Pil 7.9m
Bismarck 6.8m
Voidwrought 6m
Hahava 6m
Kaggen 5.5m
Morta 4.7m
Celaeno 4.5m
Qilin/Aello/Uptala 3.6m (~9 HMP per pouch)

Cross server prices do vary, and dont account for sale rate. Sale rate on relic +2 upgrade mats are dodgy anyways because no ones farming them outside of VW events, despite whatever the heck SE wants to claim.
Does that count npcing? Cause one of Bismarcks selling points is being a minute walk from a npc to unload all the junk

In other news unless my googlefu is off it appears jps are already complaining on the OF and SE is basically saying everything is fine it's supposed to suck
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-11 23:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically this is their reasoning (google translate)

Quote:
Also believe from the battlefield is not restricted by time to make attempts.
So, may vastly outnumber the available number of battle content of the original "omen"

Omen is limited behind a KI and timer, and Orb fights are not. Therefore, they are claiming that the potential for cards may be much higher than Omen....

Although this is true in a theoretical sense, anybody with half a brain realizes this event is garbage and isn't worth the time spent on farming cards, unless you have spare time to spam VDs and a group of 6 have multiple orbs....
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-11 23:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably couldn't even manage to get 2 players 3 of the cards they each wanted in 20 hours of doing this.
[+]
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-03-11 23:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who needs 5 displacers to kill the above mentioned lvl 99 content mobs at 119 is, how do you say... "Doing it wrong" This is content 20 levels bellow the current cap............... The only thing anyone should thank you for is telling them to waste time/gil buying displacers. That would be like camping JEJ at level 30 and saying "bring icarus wings!" Seriously guys just because it doesnt die in 1 self SC doesnt mean you "Need displacers". Enjoy the fact that you can solo content that will make easy gil.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-11 23:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize spending 5k/fight to shorten it drastically is for efficiency and not difficulty, right? Here's hoping.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-03-11 23:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Displacers effectively reduce the kill time to 3 seconds, therefore allowing you to kill more per hour, increasing the gil per hour. This is especially true as you bring more characters.
[+]
By hobo 2017-03-11 23:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Need 5 displacers obviously not, but they cost 1k per and for bismark or morta the difference in kill speed between 0 and 3 is seriously noticeable. 3k to change it from a 3min fight to a 30s fight is 100% worth over the course of 1500 kills
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-11 23:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jiib said: »
Anyone who needs 5 displacers to kill the above mentioned lvl 99 content mobs at 119 is, how do you say... "Doing it wrong" This is content 20 levels bellow the current cap............... The only thing anyone should thank you for is telling them to waste time/gil buying displacers. That would be like camping JEJ at level 30 and saying "bring icarus wings!" Seriously guys just because it doesnt die in 1 self SC doesnt mean you "Need displacers". Enjoy the fact that you can solo content that will make easy gil.
is this 4 srs
[+]
By Jadey 2017-03-12 01:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's literally 0 reason not to bring displacers - your vendor trash from any given VW should make up the cost (even when using 5) and slicing what is effectively 25 levels off the mob turns a solo Kaggen from a ~1 minute fight to a 10 second fight.

Bismarck and Morta are the clear winners in terms of loot pools - they each drop 4 items that are perennially in demand and don't really get bogged down in the AH muck like the relic +2 upgrades can. On the flip side, the Pouch Trio are a sucker's trap. The pouches are the only worthwhile drop, and since you're going to average out 9-11 HMP per pouch you will *generally* come out with more net HMP by going that route, but the value of the other rares from Kaggen/Pil/Akvan/Morta/Bismarck will pull ahead even if sales will be a bit slower.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-03-12 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

you should go back to not posting
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
Server: Asura
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2017-03-12 04:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadey said: »
There's literally 0 reason not to bring displacers - your vendor trash from any given VW should make up the cost (even when using 5) and slicing what is effectively 25 levels off the mob turns a solo Kaggen from a ~1 minute fight to a 10 second fight.

Bismarck and Morta are the clear winners in terms of loot pools - they each drop 4 items that are perennially in demand and don't really get bogged down in the AH muck like the relic +2 upgrades can. On the flip side, the Pouch Trio are a sucker's trap. The pouches are the only worthwhile drop, and since you're going to average out 9-11 HMP per pouch you will *generally* come out with more net HMP by going that route, but the value of the other rares from Kaggen/Pil/Akvan/Morta/Bismarck will pull ahead even if sales will be a bit slower.

Never really done Morta/Bis, what are their in demand drops, other than their synth one? Do they drop higher value crafting matts?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-03-12 04:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daiiawn said: »

Never really done Morta/Bis, what are their in demand drops, other than their synth one? Do they drop higher value crafting matts?

Riftcinders and riftdross will more or less always be in demand, but Ambuscade somewhat floods the market with them (on Phoenix it's 1mil and 700k gil, respectively)

HMP will always be in demand (100k on Phoenix)

I know that Sealord Skins more or less sell well, and are quite valuable (around 700k on Phoenix)
 Shiva.Jiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-03-12 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL at taking 3min to kill any VW mob. But I guess not everyone can be good at FFXI.
By Jadey 2017-03-12 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sealord Skins and Belladonna Sap are always going to be in demand for crafters trying for Jinxed gear.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-12 19:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL at taking 3min to kill any VW mob. But I guess not everyone can be good at FFXI.

With you playing, it's a guaranteed impossibility.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-03-12 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daiiawn said: »

Morta drops Angel Skin and as someone already mentioned Belladonna sap's.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-03-12 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hey yo I am here to brag about how fast I beat old content
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-03-12 21:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad part is I don't think Jiib is trolling.
 Shiva.Jiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-03-13 12:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks I'm even remotely serious about the loss of 1-3 inventory spaces for stacks of displacers or spending 5k gil per pop doesnt understand trolling or sarcasm at all. GL Scrubs.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-03-13 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like backpedaling from getting dunked
[+]
By Jadey 2017-03-13 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks I'm even remotely serious about the loss of 1-3 inventory spaces for stacks of displacers or spending 5k gil per pop doesnt understand trolling or sarcasm at all. GL Scrubs.

Sylph.Wasteland
Server: Sylph
user: Wasteland
By Sylph.Wasteland 2017-03-13 13:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

me and my wife got a Abdhaljs Seal off of Tails of Woe lastnight if not mentioned. was pretty excited about that!
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-13 13:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasteland said: »
me and my wife got a Abdhaljs Seal off of Tails of Woe lastnight if not mentioned. was pretty excited about that!

Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-03-13 14:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1400 HMP in a weekend. Aello, 2 displacers. 40 seconds total between each planner rift respawn. I don't agree the hmp trio is for suckers, it's steady Gil and the fastest sales at good price. Currently hmp after a weekend of VW campaign has held its price at 13m a stack. This is Odin.