Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-13 05:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Hi,
Question,
Seen jp groups recruiting nin as tanks, I'll try it a hr and give my feedback but, that excal add effect go through shadows?

As for my 2 cents on my experiences,
Geo/blm can es sleepga np on N & D
Xarc S is the KI spot, West of HP, ghosts and mini floating skulls.
Geo start with es sleepga pld control eye, cor shoot 1 formor and it runs to pld in corner.
Save excal for last, if it kills pld at start its a wipe.
Kill list based on job Def type.
Tried geo/blm sleepga ES on VD and resist. So I can confirm what was said is true about being able to sleep on N and D.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-03-13 06:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
kishr said: »
Hi,
Question,
Seen jp groups recruiting nin as tanks, I'll try it a hr and give my feedback but, that excal add effect go through shadows?

As for my 2 cents on my experiences,
Geo/blm can es sleepga np on N & D
Xarc S is the KI spot, West of HP, ghosts and mini floating skulls.
Geo start with es sleepga pld control eye, cor shoot 1 formor and it runs to pld in corner.
Save excal for last, if it kills pld at start its a wipe.
Kill list based on job Def type.
Tried geo/blm sleepga ES on VD and resist. So I can confirm what was said is true about being able to sleep on N and D.

For what it's worth, the first elemental seal sleepga lands well on VD, doing further sleepga after that I wasn't able to get sleep to land again, except on one random apocalypse, which was with idris focus and languor. Even randomly on Normal, I did a regular sleepga, then when it wore off, tried elemental seal sleepga and it resisted, lol.
 Asura.Arif
Server: Asura
user: Jhan
By Asura.Arif 2017-03-13 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How have groups been dealing with the Eye using Curaga and waking the sleeping fomors?
By Staleyx 2017-03-13 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

After they are slept have tank take eye away. Also the brd/blm can stun it but gets resisty
 Asura.Arif
user: Jhan
By Asura.Arif 2017-03-13 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
After they are slept have tank take eye away. Also the brd/blm can stun it but gets resisty

I was thinking of using a pet job to hold the eye elsewhere. I don't think (most) DD would survive the other fomors, especially Exca and even Apoc, Yoichi/Anni. The damage loss from an absent tank also seems undesirable.

I'm basing this strategy on N and D difficulties.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-13 23:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arif said: »
How have groups been dealing with the Eye using Curaga and waking the sleeping fomors?
Our GEO/BLM just stuns every single spell the Ahriman attempts. They all have long casting times, especially if he's afflicted with Nocturne or Addle.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hulkamania
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hulkamania 2017-03-22 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I solo'd this on VE on the first try and have wiped every time since -.- I don't understand....is it really just a matter of luck with which fomors you draw?

Same here, don't think he chainspelled + death on the first attempt, every other attempt that's wiped me, not sure what's going on in this situation
By clearlyamule 2017-03-22 20:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hulkamania said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I solo'd this on VE on the first try and have wiped every time since -.- I don't understand....is it really just a matter of luck with which fomors you draw?

Same here, don't think he chainspelled + death on the first attempt, every other attempt that's wiped me, not sure what's going on in this situation
Gotta kill the fomors first
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-03-25 18:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

did some shenanigans last night after the galka didnt want to whm it.

blu blu pld brd cor geo works great lol

*horde lullaby and sudden lunge all the things, worked great on excal too
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-25 19:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I clear this every time on VD now with: PLD WHM SMN GEO BRD DRK. Smn is a must for EA for Excal. But Crystal blessing along is huge too. Whm isn't needed can do a RDM for Distract 3 Dia 3 or a SCH to main heal as welL. Good luck guys very easy. Save BST for last with Fealty. 6 min fight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-25 22:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a pet party into this fight working up from 2 members on VE to 6 members on D.

Started with just pup and bst. adding smn made it pretty smooth on early stages. had cor, pup, bst x2, smn x2 after working up.

The most difficult part is the pull ofcourse, and going up in difficulty and adding more and more targets.

after reviewing this, I feel kinda silly, like we should have slept the adds with smn. We were stunning, and trying to gather in a group for Unleash Tegmina buffet and Blood Pacts.

Cait Sith has Mewling Lullaby and Shiva has Sleepga.

Has anyone used these effectively on D or VD of this fight?
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-29 21:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried this with very well geared SAM BRD BLU GEO PLD and an alright SCH, but it's not as easy as some of you are making it sound. VD was an awful exp. With sublime+1 double mad and honor march there were still issues with acc on thf and a few others. Geo stuck to F/F simply because of tri/dual boxing. Even D was found annoying. Sleep landed fine but after they woke it was hell. D is winnable, but i dont see how you're clearing VD with such "Ease"
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-03-29 21:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
Just tried this with very well geared SAM BRD BLU GEO PLD and an alright SCH, but it's not as easy as some of you are making it sound. VD was an awful exp. With sublime+1 double mad and honor march there were still issues with acc on thf and a few others. Geo stuck to F/F simply because of tri/dual boxing. Even D was found annoying. Sleep landed fine but after they woke it was hell. D is winnable, but i dont see how you're clearing VD with such "Ease"

Switch to torpor/frailty. Entrust Fury if you need it. With minimal BRD gear, Lullaby should be lasting close to 5 minutes with just Nitro Lullaby. That's enough time to kill a majority of them and super tank the rest when they wake up.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-29 21:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the Nomad Moogle in the zone to your advantage. While waiting on page, we reset Soul Voice for each fight using Wild Card rotations.

Also there's a VD clear video in this thread already if VD seems that unfeasible to you.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-29 21:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude you zone in and a goblin gives you the win then you zone out, when we do IT++ it's dead before we finish zoning in. LRN2PLY
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-30 01:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How much ACC are the melee using? I was just doing VD using Honor March as only +acc buff (maybe one mad? I know he talked of replacing a mad with a minuet for later runs) and then DEX/Frailty on GEO. We had capped acc, but I was using my mid-acc set which is 1300 acc before food. Ate marinara slices but don't think I need any of the acc, it was just in my inventory.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-30 07:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade is awesome content in that it has very useful rewards, and enough difficulty levels (2 different Ambuscades of differing difficulty, 5 levels each) that near anyone either solo or in any varying quality of group will have a sweetspot of the 10 difficulty options. Intense VD is 10/10 difficulty. You don't walk into a thai restaraunt and order a dish with a spice level of 10 unless you can handle the heat. And likewise, you don't expect to tear through Intense VD Ambuscade unless the group is powerful and well coordinated enough to do it. If it takes a well played 6 man team with master REMA'd jobs to handle Intense VD....that's okay, becuase there are still 9 other levels of difficulty anyone else can choose. You can elect D or N and still enjoy the content and be rewarded for it. And if those are too hard or your setup isn't right, D and VD Normal Ambuscade are there for your group too.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-03-30 07:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
If it takes a well played 6 man team with master REMA'd jobs to handle Intense VD....that's okay, becuase there are still 9 other levels of difficulty anyone else can choose.
Good news!
It doesn't.

The only part that VD Intense requires is what I bolded.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-03-30 07:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as easy as frog is an exaggeration.

I think there's 4 main parts to this month's fight. Most of it has already been said.

1. A clean pull. Easiest way is to aggro everything and sentinel. Don't need to pull back just try and gather them together for easier Horde Lullaby II. You can use other JAs for hate but sentinel is nice because it will protect you from physical damage and can be used by any job subbing pld.
2. A good sleep. Basically Troubadour Horde Lullaby II. Should sleep everything but the mega boss for 5mins+. You may need to cast twice or more to sleep everything if they aren't pulled together or are using a horn.
3. Stunning the ahriman. This is crucial. The ahriman will try to curaga to wake the adds. Curaga can be the first thing it casts when aggroed so be prepared to stun it/delay your lullabies. The adds have a mechanic that makes them almost impossible to resleep after you've slept them once even with troubadour. If you let a curaga off early and it wakes the adds it's time to start over. If you've killed the majority of them you may be able to super tank the remaining ones. The ahriman has access to magic shield so luck favors those who kill the adds fast. Addle or Nocturne/Ltng. Threnody II recommened for mega boss.
4. Hay to you excalibur. The additional effect of excalibur does 25% of its current HP as an additional effect. There are a fews ways to deal with this. Shadows/Earthern armor+Scherzo/Sentinel/Battuta/Stun lock/Elegy/Lowering its HP quickly(it can invincible so this isn't a great option). Other less dangerous things to deal with are the kikoku's mijin gakure, the guttler's charm and the gugnir's shock spikes aftermath. The white mage will benediction which will wake the others so do that last.

The adds can parry and shield block so attacking from behind is recommended. They are able to skillchain you so a real tank, shadows or wilt are useful. The adds and the mega boss all like to buff each other before pull so dispel/finale are useful.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-30 08:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

... but it's not as easy as some of you are making it sound.

Welcome to FFXIAH.

Chriscoffey said: »
I would say a majority of these people that are claiming easy wins are going in full on buffs and top notch REMA gear to win. They aren't going in typically with regular weapon armor drops and NQ gear. I would imagine most of their gear is the best you can get so to them easy is a matter of perspective.

Seriously.

Every time somebody will bring up a new strategy for any particular fight, they'll usually reference a RiotForceSix vid to show how 'easy' it is. Like those guys are your run of the mill players, or something. They make it look easy.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-30 08:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Every time somebody will bring up a new strategy for any particular fight, they'll usually reference a RiotForceSix vid to show how 'easy' it is. Like those guys are your run of the mill players, or something. They make it look easy.

Just talk to the goblin it dispenses all that gear immediately. Anyone can walk in and beat it under 30s, if people are having problems then they just suck and should remove themselves from our game to improve it's quality.

(I'm being super sarcastic if anyone hasn't picked up on that yet)

Post deleted by User.
By sudsi 2017-03-30 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »

3. Stunning the ahriman. This is crucial.

I've found it better to have the PLD run in, gather mobs, get hate.

BRD sleeps the group.

PLD runs the ahriman to the corner so that curaga doesn't matter.

BRD pulls the adds one at a time for kill.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-30 13:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
If it takes a well played 6 man team with master REMA'd jobs to handle Intense VD....that's okay, becuase there are still 9 other levels of difficulty anyone else can choose.
Good news!
It doesn't.
You can be well played all you want and have the strategy down second nature but with today's end game if you don't have enough top line gear to back it up in those time constraints your team is getting train wrecked. There is a definitive point where strategy and well geared cross in these events to make it feasible to do it. I would love for you team experts to show me a video of a sparks gear and no rema bard/geo etc doing this with "ease".
While it wasn't specified cmon man. Sparks gear? Anyone still in sparks gear has been gone so long and played so little since coming back they aren't going to be a well played group in todays game. At least set the bar to something reasonable that pretty much anyone trying for this stuff would easily have like actual soa content gear or ambuscade stuff.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-30 14:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Regular gear" is extremely subjective especially now with random augments being so heavy. There are people here who actually believe multiple near perfect augments and HQ abjurations are standard gear. It's a problem of perception, someone surrounded by megagear players will naturally assume that's merely normal.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-30 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Good news!
It doesn't.
You can be well played all you want and have the strategy down second nature but with today's end game if you don't have enough top line gear to back it up in those time constraints your team is getting train wrecked. There is a definitive point where strategy and well geared cross in these events to make it feasible to do it. I would love for you team experts to show me a video of a sparks gear and no rema bard/geo etc doing this with "ease".
While it wasn't specified cmon man. Sparks gear? Anyone still in sparks gear has been gone so long and played so little since coming back they aren't going to be a well played group in todays game. At least set the bar to something reasonable that pretty much anyone trying for this stuff would easily have like actual soa content gear or ambuscade stuff.
It might be an extreme example but with that being said OLD end game you could beat it with regular gear it just took longer and it wasn't as an extreme difference in it's DPS as it is today's short zerg fights(forget the introduction fights of zerging and 93.3% haste). It just proved my point that at a certain point in regular gear even with a solid strategy it doesn't work easily. I mean it's common sense but the way it's portrayed in these forums any end game is easily defeated. I wonder if anyone remembers delve before the updates or various other end game over the years before having proper gear that was introduced. I can promise you it took more strategy to run 18 people for hour(s) than it does these 15-30 minute fights.

In that model came serious job exclusion (MNK or RNG onry to either have the HP to survive or distance to avoid mechanics) because there weren't acceptable means to make it work with other jobs. That's not "strategy". Now you can make things work with most jobs, just the required buffs/gear has to be there. I can do almost all content on THF and it requires me to know when to put on my DT sets instead of just "be MNK, punch things" like the 18-man Delve you claim was so strategic.

Just last night my group did Kin and for whatever reason all DD came as COR. We didn't do well removing Target which got tank terror'd and then the other two COR died (and kept dying to moves when trying to raise) and I had to tank and DD it the final 10%. In the old version of the game I would have simply died. This meta game allows me the options and ability to deal with this circumstance and I managed to pull it off. There's far more "skill" and "strategy" involved here than that earlier era, imo.