Upcoming Bard Adjustments
 Asura.Arif
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jhan
By Asura.Arif 2017-02-01 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As we informed players in the past, we are planning on adding new equipment with the attribute “All Songs+”, and it is scheduled for the next update. We are also simultaneously adjusting the effects of “Song+” properties. Specifically, we are going to standardize its effect by making the effect “+10%”. The affected songs are as follows:

Minne/Minuet/Madrigal/Prelude/Mambo/March(Honor included)

We will also be raising the skill and effect cap for these songs.
The property “Song+” will also now affect the “Carol” songs.

We believe this adjustment will increase the performance of songs all around. Please be sure to try it out.

Thoughts?
By Pantafernando 2017-02-01 11:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think madrigal/prelude didnt need that much adjustment compared to minuets given how acc and eva works (different of att and def).

The more the merrier. I love brd and i like the attention given to us.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-02-01 11:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If additional gear makes the Honor March tier go higher and higher it's gonna be one hell of a buff combined with hopefully some powerful Madrigals and Minuets.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2017-02-01 12:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they changing the duration from "+All songs"? The most exciting part to me is increasing song duration by as much "All Songs" gear as I can get.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-01 12:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
If additional gear makes the Honor March tier go higher and higher it's gonna be one hell of a buff combined with hopefully some powerful Madrigals and Minuets.
Not necessarily. Look at the part that says they are adjusting how + song works. Goes from what it is now to 10% bonus per + song. To put that into perspective +1 song on honor march is approximately +53% to all bonuses. Basically you'd need at least +6 to march/all songs after this update for it do to more than just +1 march already currently does. And that's assuming they don't do something silly like make it stack additively with marcato/sv. Also very leery because they didn't mention duration which +song already gives a ton of
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-01 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

make prelude into a flurry equivalent and put ranged acc on madrigal

it's really annoying to not be able to melee + last stand on high end content on COR
[+]
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-01 12:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd is gonna be the New ***!!! *** geo!!! :P
By Verda 2017-02-01 12:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
make prelude into a flurry equivalent and put ranged acc on madrigal

it's really annoying to not be able to melee + last stand on high end content on COR
I really don't like that idea.

Preludes have higher acc to go with the theme of rangers get more accuracy, so it'd nerf that to buff melee COR. At the same time, SE has designed a lot of things specifically to PREVENT Ranger from effectively melee + ranged ws, so that'd undo a ton of that work. On top of that, we don't really need more flurry, Courser's Roll isn't even used anymore. Also COR doesn't really need any buffs, it's already invited to every party composition in existence due to unique rolls and being the only job with JA resets, not to mention it's damage. On top of that of all the buffing jobs, it takes an exceedingly small amount of gearing to get max potency rolls, and even max duration. While singing just the ranged damage dealers is tedious in mixed DD setups, I don't think this is a good solution at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-02-01 13:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy and Ranged Accuracy on different songs is pointless since COR and GEO's accuracy buffs already have them combined. Prelude being Flurry or some other ranged buff would expand BRD's utility.

Anyway, worth noting that most BRDs effortlessly pass 900 combined skill, should they make that the cap. I'm pretty optimistic about this whole thing being a net gain.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-01 13:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Really really really hope the new cap won't go above 900 (currently it's Honor March's cap).
Because if it does it's gonna be a messy hard choice to make in some slots.

If the cap for all songs will be 900 then no big deal :)
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-02-01 13:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it's capless so there will be some dynamic to this job, rather than making it easy mode like everyone else wants it to be.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-01 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

point of flurry would be so preludes aren't a wasted slot(though i guess keeping them higher r.acc would be fine too)

brd is a major part of getting accuracy as high as it needs to be for teles or warder of courage, and as is DPSing on cor in those kinds of situations requires using melee weapon skills to be practical

you can't even pianissimo preludes and stand back shooting very well because you lose fury/precision/attunement.. it's primarily QoL for mixed setups and would give rng the option to melee/ws in those fights as well
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-14 21:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems rather trivial to code it as "Acc+ X% R. Acc+ X%" thus combining the songs without messing with the values, instead of "Acc and R. Acc + X%".

And if you're worried about that making things too easy, I'm sure people will be willing to show up in wildly varying levels of Acc gear to keep you entertained.
By Staleyx 2017-04-14 22:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw you obama and this necro bump.....
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-14 22:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw you Bob Ross and this reply.....
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva