Mog Bonanza 2017, What Would You Get?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza 2017, what would you get?
Mog Bonanza 2017, what would you get?
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-01-16 18:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Rank 3 and rank 5. Took Tartarus Platemail and the magic skillup earring. I should've gotten the Arch Great Katana so I could have 100% of the Abyssea Procs on WAR. Oh well, it's only until April that I can get the All Job GK.

Game chose my numbers for me. Only bought 10 marbles on my main account.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-16 18:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Got a Rank 3 and rank 5. Took Tartarus Platemail and the magic skillup earring. I should've gotten the Arch Great Katana so I could have 100% of the Abyssea Procs on WAR. Oh well, it's only until April that I can get the All Job GK.

You can hit GK skill of 175 as /nin?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-01-16 18:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Sure can. You'll need the accessories plus max merits in GK skill. :]

/NIN gives 139, +16 merits, +15 from Ru'Aun Torque, +5 from Moepapa Annulet (you can of course mix with some other things that give +GK I believe)

That puts you at 175 I believe.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-16 18:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, you could even do it back at 99 when aby was still semi big... http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=2&description=Great%20Katana#adv
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-16 18:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

Yup, you could even do it back at 99 when aby was still semi big... http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=2&description=Great%20Katana#adv
Wow. Forgot about some of those items.
By oyama 2017-01-16 20:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Personally, I would rather make mythic than empy. I despise abyssea nm system.

I honestly can't stand most of ToAU content. Some of it I just don't have any experience with, but the whole process is just really off-putting to me. I did all the Almace lottery NMs while mostly afk studying for school, Briareus was a huge pain in the butt but Sobek flew by relatively fast, and I just like being able to force pop an NM real quick and make immediate progress, even if only small, toward the goal. The worst thing about Apademak is occasional competition for Sisyphus and having to proc Dhorme Khimaira first, but every kill gives me at least one of the item I need. It's a simple and short iterative process with concrete results at frequent intervals.

I do really want a Tizona for utility, but ToAU can get ****ed.
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
Server: Bahamut
user: Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2017-01-16 20:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

balls! :(
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-17 01:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
32-40
Asura.Thorva said: »
Asura.Madotsukii said: »
I still haven't finished first stage of abyssea nms for caladbolg, been on that nm for about 3 months, only have 3 gems....

Dang, personally I find the abyssea part to not be bad, especially now that abyssea is a ghost town. Then again, recently did Orthrus for my friend's 90 Twashtar and I did get a bit annoyed for once. Tiger NM was stubborn on hides and I swear to Altana they nerfed the appearance of the pops in gold chests because I never saw them once when we farmed. (though I did learn later that apparently they adjusted amber values to give KI's more frequently at high numbers so you have to aim lower for physical pop items).

What is the best number for amber light for ki farming now?
32-40 range, anything higer you will start seeing too many giant gold chest.

Can't tell if you are trolling like normal. I assume you are since you get ki from big chest as well and it used to take well more than 32-40 amber.
By Chyula 2017-01-17 01:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

32-40
I still haven't finished first stage of abyssea nms for caladbolg, been on that nm for about 3 months, only have 3 gems....

Dang, personally I find the abyssea part to not be bad, especially now that abyssea is a ghost town. Then again, recently did Orthrus for my friend's 90 Twashtar and I did get a bit annoyed for once. Tiger NM was stubborn on hides and I swear to Altana they nerfed the appearance of the pops in gold chests because I never saw them once when we farmed. (though I did learn later that apparently they adjusted amber values to give KI's more frequently at high numbers so you have to aim lower for physical pop items).

Can't tell if you are trolling like normal. I assume you are since you get ki from big chest as well and it used to take well more than 32-40 amber.
You don't get that ki from giant chest, King tiger hide only. The last 3 aby area do not take well more than 40 to get giant chest.
 Bahamut.Genryu
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2017-01-17 01:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My best was a rank 4, out of all my potential choices I'll probably go for one of the trusts I am still missing as a returning player (Kupofried is most appealing). But knowing my luck, if I select him, he will probably become available again next month :(

Anyone have any idea how frequently/infreqently that trust becomes available?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-17 02:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He probably won't be available again until May.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-17 02:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

32-40

You don't get that ki from giant chest, King tiger hide only. The last 3 aby area do not take well more than 40 to get giant chest.

now i know you are trolling
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-17 03:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

he's right this time though, you can only get Dragua and Bennu KIs from chests. you can totally get the pop items for the lesser NMs through both sizes of chest though :^]
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-17 09:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

now i know you are trolling
Naw they aren't, unfortunately Orthrus's actual pop KI (steaming cerb. tongue) does not exist in gold chests. Wish it did! You can get Tiger King's Hide (Ansherekh's drop) and Sharabha Hide (from NM of same name) in the chests however which is 2/3 of the popset for Amarok whom you'll then need to red proc for the actual KI needed. I believe Alfard in Aby Grauberg and Apademak in Aby Uleg share the same situation (can get NM pop item drops in chest but not a raw KI).

I remember back when abyssea was current and Altepa exp parties were common, it'd rain Tiger King & Sharabha hides in chests. Seems a lot more rare now even with appropriate lights but maybe that's just my luck.
By Chyula 2017-01-17 10:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

giant chest have a rare drop on those pi, and hero zone have enhance light so I dont suggest getting 48 or above. you will start wasting time keep getting those giant chest.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-17 16:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even talking about that zone, but to be honest, I am impressed he isn't trolling for a change.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-17 16:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

64-80 was the sweet spot I aimed for and it's worked really well after doing it for several weapons. The other idea is that anytime you have a spare moment, run to the zone and kill Ansherekh or Sisyphus, warp out, and mail yourself the drop. Works a little more smoothly if you can mail them to friends or something though.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-17 16:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
64-80 was the sweet spot I aimed for and it's worked really well after doing it for several weapons. The other idea is that anytime you have a spare moment, run to the zone and kill Ansherekh or Sisyphus, warp out, and mail yourself the drop. Works a little more smoothly if you can mail them to friends or something though.

I don't have to worry about either one of those thankfully, mine is dragon in Ulg once I get to that stage, problem is I am too lazy to even get past the first abyssea nm in La Theine
 Bahamut.Guapa
user: mrlooolz
By Bahamut.Guapa 2017-01-18 06:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For a first time empy attempt. I was not around during the abyssea era. Going for Twash. So I want more KI's I should aim to get 64-80 Amber lights? is that correct?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-18 09:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Guapa said: »
For a first time empy attempt. I was not around during the abyssea era. Going for Twash. So I want more KI's I should aim to get 64-80 Amber lights? is that correct?
You only want 64-80 range if you're trying to get pop items that come from timed NMs, such as tiger king's hide or Sisyphus fragment. This really is only an issue for Alfard (axe, club, bow), Orthrus (dagger, great axe), and Apademak (sword, katana, harp). For any other NM, you want to max out amber light for more of the KIs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Juggalo
Server: Cerberus
user: wes421
By Cerberus.Juggalo 2017-01-19 00:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 2 says 5402, does that mean your number has to match the last four digits exactly as shown? Reason I ask is I have a marble with 55204 on it and no way of checking to see if I won or not atm.
 Odin.Ithunnr
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ithunnr 2017-01-19 01:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a single Rank 5 prize here. Picked Corolla, because its pretty. :)