users online
Forum » FFXI » Digging » HMP Farming
HMP Farming
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-27 00:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So in terms of profitability, targeting Heavy Metals seems like the best choice.

Has anyone found any particular zones to put out Heavy Metals better than others?

Also has anyone ever gotten more than one Heavy Metal from the same zone in the same session? Or do you think it might be better to change zones as soon as you get one.

So far I have had my best luck farming in the three zones Vunkerl/Grauberg/Fort Karugo, these ones I seem to get my Heavy metal drop pretty early, and have yet to not get one from them per day.

On the flipside depending on prices and rate, Sif's Macrames seem to drop in Xarc [S], but I have never seen a heavy metal there after digging for 10 days there.

Yorcia also has interesting options. I have gotten up to 6 High Purity Bayld in a single day there, but generally its closer to 2~3. However the large quantity of logs and Simulcram parts I get there can go for decent gil. I think it might be the better option if you have the resources to solo Yorcia runs and farm +2 stones solo, in which case you can make awesome money off this.

Thoughts?