Kannagi/kikou Afterglow Both?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kannagi/kikou afterglow both?
Kannagi/kikou afterglow both?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-11-22 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So as I was going through the random REM items I had on a mule I came across having 30 riftdrosses and about half of 1500 heavy metals. I already have 85 kannagi I loved the weapon the day I got it. I made a kikou afterglow out of pure boredom so my question is there a point to make afterglow kannagi since I already have kikou? Afterglow kannagi wear it main hand use off kikou for the para prof dress in blue then I'll be a running around America flag ninja? (Relic ag color whit and emo red.) or leave it as it is since some other Katanas have better attributes for offhand? I'm not saying which is better more of is there a point? I mean blus seem to do afterglow almace and tizona for Main handing whichever for different situations. More of a question on the point of the benefit not what's better or go make this etc.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-11-22 16:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To add some ninjas have said, "afterglow kannagi use it main and IF tanking a higher level NM main hand the relic.
By Vijara 2016-11-22 16:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The main reasons BLU's use the AG Almace off hand is you get the benefits of a 269 weapon and the DEX+50. I believe there are better choices then dual-weilding Kikoku/Kannagi. From what I understand the Aeonic katana is the best off-hand to both of those.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-11-22 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see so no point to after glow kannagi unless I plan to main hand it ok thank you
By Sabishii 2016-11-22 17:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I see so no point to after glow kannagi unless I plan to main hand it ok thank you

You're still missing the offhand accuracy from not AGing your kannagi (it has higher weapon skill), and you're getting 20 AGI instead of 50 AGI from a non-AG Kannagi (also the lower DMG too).
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-22 17:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi just isnt a great WS. While kannagi will be top dps in a lot of scenarios, I dont feel like kik or aeonic will be enough behind to matter. Having said that my old nin friend who had them both AG said it was noticeably better (kannagi), but I never got to parse before he quit vs my kikoku.

If you a nin crazy, go for it!!! sounds like your nearly there anyhow. It will be great for when you can save tp before a fight.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-11-22 17:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems I also need to change the head piece to my almost full ryu +1 set to the ninjutsu. Have rao+1 head and feet.
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2016-11-22 18:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have AG Kannagi and I love it. Same like you, once I got my Kannagi(85) I fell in love and never let go of it and even spent millions upon millions to upgrade. Sadly though it is true that blade: hi isn't as strong, but you do make up the damage with the AM. I at times out parse Koga Sams and decent BLUs but can barely keep up with a Tizona BLU. I don't have a Kiko so I can't give input on that. If you're a WS damage nut then I'd say don't bother AGing Kannagi and just stick with Kiko.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-08 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth mentioning that the main reason some other DW jobs offhand an empy (namely, BLU Almace and THF DNC Twashtar) is due to those jobs having a MUCH higher percentage of their damage come from WS that benefit massively from the huge DEX+50. NIN just isn't as heavily skewed toward WS damage in the first place as something like a THF or DNC using stacked or high TP Rudra, or a BLU spamming CdC. Plus, the DEX on Twash/Almace is helpful for purposes other than just the WS, since it adds significant accuracy and some crit rate. And while all empy including Kannagi tend to have fairly low delay, Twash is exceptional in that regard.

If only Hi was DEX or STR instead of AGI, maybe the story would be different and offhand Kannagi would have been a thing.