Forum » FFXI » Digging » Chocobo Rope
Chocobo Rope
 Siren.Fndragon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2016-11-08 13:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody done any experimentation with the Chocobo Rope? http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11767/chocobo-rope It's obtained from a Treasure Casket in Ordelle's Caves, and it "Slightly enhances chocobo digging skill".

The only thing I can compare it to is the Sky Blue Racing Silks, which "Enhances chocobo digging skill". All that this actually does, however, is increase the skillup rate of chocobo digging.

Does the Chocobo Rope increase the rarity of digging results or is it a lesser-version of the Sky Blue Silks in that it only affects skill up rates? I am A10 and I have both the rope and the silks, and the silks don't give me any messages anymore since I hit A10, so I can't test if the rope has the similar innate ability.
By Boshi 2016-11-09 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get these from rank5 login and they'r sendable from mule
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-02 09:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this thread, sorry for necro.

I am A35. Tried out with the rope and it doesnt have any obvious effects on my digging. Area delay is still the same, no chat log messages like Racing silks gives, so whatever it does its something under the hood.

Hard to tell.
By Boshi 2016-12-02 10:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably just skill+1
 Siren.Fndragon
Server: Siren
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2016-12-02 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, thanks for the updates. I've been playing with it (I got it the hard way, JUST before last month's login reward..), and I haven't seen any difference in quality of digs. It hasn't made HMP's pop out of the ground like candy, but it *says* that it's doing something so I'll just macro it in for now.
[+]