Tips/Experiences Obtaining Muculent Ingots

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Tips/Experiences obtaining Muculent Ingots
Tips/Experiences obtaining Muculent Ingots
By Takisan 2016-06-28 08:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any experience/tips farming Muculent ingot used to make hexed bonnets? Trying to make jinxed bonnet.

I see them dropping off of Blobdingnag, Celaeno VW chest, and a few other VW chests according to ffxidb.

I have gone like 0/4 on the ingot from Blobdingnag (each took quite a while to farm).

I was thinking maybe if I had lots of mules around with clear abyssites I could get more chances for color changes then disband and pop multiple T3s but do they need to be within xp range to get a shot at change or just in the zone?

Normally I farm in Pashhow and Pashhow [S] for all. Is there a place where people just experience clear > colorful change faster?
Is voidwatch Celaeno viable? Thanks, any and all tips/experience would be greatly appreciated.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-28 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

voidwatch isn't very viable, with 200-300 kills needed per ingot you'll easily rack up 10 character-hours per ingot, even a 5 character farming setup wouldn't match the 1 ingot per 80-100 min an effective solo farmer with movement speed can obtain

there's not a faster way to do blobdingnag either, only the person popping the nm gets a chance to change not other people with abyssite in party.. and the blobdingnag spawns themselves are a 4 hour respawn with only 4 of them so even a soloer can handle all pops as fast as they appear

the bottom line is that voidwalker mats blow to obtain and that's a major contributor to lack of availability and pricing on this ***
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-28 08:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the only real thing you can do sadly with Blob is just grind and pray.
Pray to get lucky on the drops and upgrades
By Takisan 2016-06-30 20:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
there's not a faster way to do blobdingnag either, only the person popping the nm gets a chance to change not other people with abyssite in party.. and the blobdingnag spawns themselves are a 4 hour respawn with only 4 of them so even a soloer can handle all pops as fast as they appear

Now thats interesting because the wiki page says" If your party fights a NM, every member of the party has a chance to have the abyssite upgraded. "

But the picture contradictions the above statement

Lol which can be found on the exact same page stating exactly what you are saying. You have tried mules or bringing others to autofollow you and no color changes with them?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-30 20:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

that picture is much too small to read, but the wiki page is certainly wrong

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Takisan 2016-07-01 13:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Yes Takisan I can guarantee Rairin has tried bringing mules to see.

Unfortunate. But then again I'm not super interested in paying for 5 new mules just to farm this. At best I was going to ask to borrow someone elses' mules for gilz lol. Ah well.