Death Penalty Damage Optimization.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Death Penalty damage optimization.
Death Penalty damage optimization.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-25 08:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I “think” if you are using the strait dark obi lightsday won’t affect the dark bonus, but if you use the all in one obi it will downgrade to basically single weather bonus. It’s been awhile since I really looked into this so if someone knows more let me know.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-02-25 08:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the all in one will lower your damage during lightsday in Dyna D.

O Sash in dyna D will give you higher spike numbers when the weather procs (33% chance) but the Dark Obi will give you more consistent numbers during the run.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-25 09:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the all in one obi that i have.

sounds like i need to scratch that obi and stick with the osash.
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-25 11:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have actually been debating going out and getting a new Anrin, but the inventory crunch is becoming absolutely absurd, and only getting worse.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-25 11:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I have actually been debating going out and getting a new Anrin, but the inventory crunch is becoming absolutely absurd, and only getting worse.

Yep, im willing to accept the o-sash random DMG spikes over the -1inventory to have them be consistent.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-25 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

how much direct testing has been done with the hachirin-no-obi vs elemental specific ones? I ask because I haven't done any with Leaden, but I did go into Walk of Echoes (double dark weather constant like in Dyna-D) on my RNG. Brought a SCH friend, and tested that obi proc with Aurorastorm I only and saw it 100% of the time proccing light bonus even against double weather. Your mentioning of lightsday makes me question is there an order of priority I never saw for obis of Day-Storm-Weather in terms of what procs first?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-25 14:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch storms overwrite any area weather, I think day bonus is not able to be overwritten in any way.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-25 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Sch storms overwrite any area weather, I think day bonus is not able to be overwritten in any way.

Appreciate this tidbit. I had always assumed (as someone who doesn't play SCH...yet^^) that the game just looked at day/weather/storms as all having the same value- except when it was double weather or storms II which I interpreted as x2 of the original. Wasn't aware until I saw it that tier 1 storms would out-do double weather, and hadn't messed with day much (I undervalued that it seems).