Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Returning player solo questions
Returning player solo questions
By TinyAttorney 2016-04-11 21:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So, as usual, I quit for a while and now I'm back and trying to figure out the best way to progress. What I'm looking for are suggestions on fights that I can solo now (and if there are any tricks, how to), things that I can solo once I get that gear, and so on. Obviously the goal is to get to the sets in the last few pages of the thread, eventually, but it's hard to get a group to take me seriously with what I have now. Here's what I'm working with:

ItemSet 343099

ItemSet 343098

ItemSet 343097

My perp set is a catch-all perpetuation / refresh / favor set. FC uses the Magical set until I get more specialization. For what it's worth, I'm currently stuck on the last RoV fight, progressing nicely through Chapter 4 of Adoulin, and working on initial Assault clears for Nirvana (I know). Any advice on immediate upgrades would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-TA

Edit: Forgot to ask last night, but how easy would it be to solo the new JSE cape? What kind of time commitment am I looking at if it's feasible?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-12 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the easiest upgrades I can think of:

• Abyssal abjuration gear - Get head legs and feet. All 3 are relatively easy to get with a few people and Trusts. You can have multiple pieces of each one and the augments for physical and magic pacts paths are both good and even comparable to perfect Helios pieces for most BP's.

• Espiritus - Easily the best magic Blood Pact staff as far as effort vs reward goes. Grioalovr can be better, but requires tossing lots of Fern stones at it to get the augments that can beat Espiritus.

• Merlinic Dastanas - Probably best in slot and very easy to get from t1 in Reisinjima. You can augment it with even more Blood pact damage and other pet related stats.

• Campestres's Cape - You can get this pretty easy from Ambuscade. Even if you have to do Very Easy with Trusts, I believe it only takes 10 runs. Augmenting it is a different story.

• Keraunos - Maybe use this for physical pacts? Takes some money and luck to get Blood pact dmg +10 though. You coudl always augment your Gridarvor through Oboro once you finish Rhapsodies or just get 2 Espiritus and make a physical one.

• Esper Earring - You can enter Legion solo and use Trusts now. Just spam Hall of Muru and you will eventually get it. Ormolu ingots and Staghorn corals can also drop here, which are a few hundred thousand gil depending on your server.

Pretty much all of the stuff I listed above can be gotten with 2-3 people and Trusts. There is alot more things I could recommend but the stuff above would be a good starting place for getting up to speed.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-12 11:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the JSE cape from Ambuscade, the event is insanely easy. If you have a decent tank trust and healer trust, you should be able to do at least Easy if not Normal. Difficult gets a bit hard as your healer trust will blow through MP pretty quickly without a GEO using Vex.

The key is positioning Trusts so they don't all get destroyed. This dragon seems to have some kind of insane attack boost from the rear, and its breaths can one-shot. It will open the fight by applying thorns and then doing an immediate breath. So you need to dodge the first breath, then position your trusts near the front side of the dragon. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. I've done VD with August tanking and Apururu healing, granted I had an Idris GEO using Vex.

Also in addition to the great stuff Ali posted, I'd add:

• Unity - You already have Assiduity Pants so you know how Unity works. Azure-Toothed Clawberry has a couple really nice gloves for you. It can be done solo with Conduit, or if you have good enough gear using Shattersoul > Flaming Crush > Flaming Crush for a light skillchain. However if you don't kill him fast enough, he'll Astral Flow. The easiest method to kill him is bring a mage to nuke the elementals down first. If you kill his elementals he can't Astral Flow. Although he can resummon them and you need to kill them quickly if he does.

• Helios gear from Alluvion Skirmish. There used to be more uses for this than there is now, but there are still lots of uses for Helios. For now, I'll say you should pick up at least a pair of the spats. They make good BP:Rage pieces until you can get Apogee Slacks, and afterward, they make fantastic pet:magic acc pants. Telchine gear can also be augmented with pet:damage taken, fast cast and/or elemental siphon. Not super important but every bit helps. Soloing is unfortunately only possible by burning obsidian fragments to purchase a shijin from the book at the start.

• Speaker's Ring from Escha Ru'Aun, very easy NM, not hard to solo unless you get unlucky and he goes into piercing mode a lot. For reference, use Predator Claws when it has rings, Crescent Fang when it has poles, and Volt Strike when it has neither.