Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 18:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
Most importantly to monthly Ambuscade where are the quickest homepoints to get the KI!

Xarcabard[S] seems good for Vol 1. Go NW towards the campaign thingy and there's a bunch of demons and imps.

Easy one for Vol 2 is Escha Zitah #4

if you run a little passed the demons in xarc there's a ton of ghosts and cointeach in the pass before castle zvahl
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 18:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind sharing any more info about the Soulflayer fight? Any particularly troublesome attacks for the RUN, preferable WSs and the like? Very interested to try something not melee this month.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Droning Whirlwind and unresisted Bio from Tribulation are all I can think of that can annoy a RUN.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Mind sharing any more info about the Soulflayer fight? Any particularly troublesome attacks for the RUN, preferable WSs and the like? Very interested to try something not melee this month.

Not particularly. Popped a battuta at the beginning and had it RD'd for Azure Lore, nothing else he does sucks really but if you get dispelled reapply shell asap
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, good to know. Mind if I ask why ranged damage? My first assumption would be his AoEs but I'm also not certain how his shield functions.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 18:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried melees and the AoEs sucked huge ***, RNG is just safer. I'm sure you can use melees if you wanted to. We did get that problem where the 2nd rng, 3rd on the hatelist, couldn't deal damage normally, don't know what it's about but it is almost certainly tied to hate as Llewelyn was saying.
[+]
 Shiva.Darthsnuggie
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darthsnuggie 2016-12-13 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage can't equip the new Ambuscade gear, WTF.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 18:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, that's extremely interesting. Gonna have to look into this when I'm finally done with tests for the week. Much appreciated for all the information.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 18:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
We did get that problem where the 2nd rng, 3rd on the hatelist, couldn't deal damage normally, don't know what it's about but it is almost certainly tied to hate as Llewelyn was saying.
Did Decoy Shot not allow you to deal damage normally? Thought maybe that (and Trick Attack) could.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 19:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure if they tried, will let you know after the next run. will be later tonight
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-13 20:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Corse seems to build some kind of DT. Also seems to counter magic damage with a single target 30-60s terror that spawns a ghost add and resets hate. Honestly more of a pain in the *** than the Soulflayer.
He's not much of a pain. The right setup absolutely flattens him.

YouTube Video Placeholder

No adds and 300 hallmarks for VD? did i miss something or did SE fudge the rewards
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 20:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Corse is Regular not Intense
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-13 20:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Corse is Regular not Intense
So its a Corse for both fights?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-13 20:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
shield gets up with TP spikes and silence Aura full-time and nothing works to break it.
We had that shield get put up also, but we broke it eventually just damaging it like normal. We also didn't get a Silence aura, but that was on a D test run last night.

My LS found that SMN's bloodpacts don't seem to be effected so they just use Rumah to remove it on VD. So far they got a good win rate with Anni RNG's and a SMN.
By stormix 2016-12-13 20:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN RNG RNG COR GEO WHM wrecked VD Soulflayer
How did it wreck it? what was strat?
By Calinari 2016-12-13 20:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

stormix said: »

Srs? The "strategy" is make it's hp go from 100% to 0%. The party set up is self-explanatory. They shot at it.
By stormix 2016-12-13 20:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
stormix said: »

Srs? The "strategy" is make it's hp go from 100% to 0%. The party set up is self-explanatory. They shot at it.
Yes srs! Did they kill the imps or go straight to boss! Now how you found the answer to that in his post really baffles me.
By Draylo 2016-12-13 20:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Really aggressive, I don't see a problem in asking for specifics. Not saying hes doing it, but many people are like "smashed that rly ez" and they actually don't do it as consistently as they claim. Some background info would help others on the specifics like it was already asked earlier.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-13 20:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconding the notion that the RNG strategy is effective but really need to give a shout out to Avallon, our master SMN.

SMN absolutely obliterates this thing and Volt Strike seems to completely bypass the shields. I'm wondering if this mystery 'third category' of damage for being low on the Master Manipulator's enmity list is that only damage from pets, Avatars in this instance, will work. Makes sense really. SMN also has Ramuh's Favor which boosts critical hit rates for the backline RNG, resulting in some hilariously powerful Barrages.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 20:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, will try switching one of the RNGs to nirvana SMN for the next run
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-12-13 21:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Seconding the notion that the RNG strategy is effective but really need to give a shout out to Avallon, our master SMN.

SMN absolutely obliterates this thing and Volt Strike seems to completely bypass the shields. I'm wondering if this mystery 'third category' of damage for being low on the Master Manipulator's enmity list is that only damage from pets, Avatars in this instance, will work. Makes sense really. SMN also has Ramuh's Favor which boosts critical hit rates for the backline RNG, resulting in some hilariously powerful Barrages.

Yay thx for the video Ruaumoko!!!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-14 00:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can vouch for the SMN thing too, bypassed all of the DT shenanigans including that stupid shield. Had no RNGs this time so still can't speak on the effectiveness of decoy shot
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-14 01:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed this with Blu and Thf dps....***sucked on Flayer, had to get a TP regain roll from the Cor because it wasn't taking damage outside of Crit WS like CDC (Which completely bypassed the shield it seemed). Flayer would fall over if you could TP it normally...doesnt have more than say 150-200k hp.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 01:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger strategy works nice and easy on Soulflayer, that's how I'm going to cap it this month. Like 5-6min to buff/clear imps and another minute on flayer.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-12-14 03:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

on the soulflayer, rng racc need to be?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-14 07:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

for these smn's and rng's on soulflyer, would they work with random equip or need to be properly geared to make any difference?
I have both leveled and skilled, but i dont play them, or have specific equip for them. Wondering if something thrown together would still be better then bst this month.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 07:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need a decent racc set, but the Ambuscade set is a pretty solid one if you can get proper accessories.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-14 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You'll need a decent racc set, but the Ambuscade set is a pretty solid one if you can get proper accessories.

is racc the only thing id need to rly worry about in creating a quick set just for this ambu? Havnt even seen, much less been, a rng in ages.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 28 29 30