Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: DaNTE333
By Siren.Sandraa 2016-03-28 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-28 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The scenarios where Caladbolg wins are highly contrived. In any reasonable or random scenario, Ragnarok wins, and the question is by how much does it win?

- The extra accuracy is essential on any fight that matters.
- Scourge isn't great but it's more skillchain options
- Crit rate boost is more white damage than you're probably accounting for

Ultimately, build what you like; but if your concern is numbers, it's Ragnarok all the way.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-28 10:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If your motivation for the caladbolg is the looks, more so than anything else, a level 80-90 model will suffice.

Half the time I will lockstyle my Caladbolg model over my Ragnarok, and each weapon has their own specific gear sets to maximize their potential.

In any content where accuracy is going to require a baseline of 1150 or higher (think Apex mobs as your minimum starting point) before any kind of food or buffs, you'll want Ragnarok. If you've unlocked Torcleaver, You can then use Scourge, Torcleaver, and Resolution interchangeably for whatever fits the scenario.

Rooks already knows, or I think has an idea, of how much I love my caladbolg from the old days when he still played as Kelhor (I believe) and in comparison with both at 119-3, Ragnarok is still superior for the higher end content.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2016-03-28 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Rooks already knows, or I think has an idea, of how much I love my caladbolg from the old days when he still played as Kelhor (I believe)

I do indeed. I wrote out an awful lot of math to try and persuade you not to spend that chunk of money upgrading it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 10:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, it's Not Rooks!
By Bloodrose 2016-03-28 10:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Rooks already knows, or I think has an idea, of how much I love my caladbolg from the old days when he still played as Kelhor (I believe)

I do indeed. I wrote out an awful lot of math to try and persuade you not to spend that chunk of money upgrading it.
Didn't work. But I made ragnarok to spite someone's warrior instead. She was pissed and retired war when my ragnarok drk owned her in pure damage. And she was no slouch of a warrior.

That said, my calad drk still beat a ***ton of ragnarok drks >.>
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-03-28 13:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Ragnarok Vs Caladbolg V3.

High Buffs Scenario. Zerg Duration 45 Seconds.

DRK/WAR

Buffs Double Bard, Corsair, GEO, Berserk, Last resort, Aggressor (25 acu), Soul Eater (25 acu). Not accuracy problems.

Caladbolg start with AM3 3000% tp then Spam Resolution

Ragnarok Resolution Spam non Stop.

The White Damage of Caladbolg Will be enough To overcome the Ragnarok in High Buffs Scenarios like this?. Im Farming Gil and haven't choice which weapon i should build.

My motivation to make Ragnarok its multiple jobs can use that and the extra Acu.

My Motivation to make Caladbolg its the High White Damage, the Model Look amazing and is the best way to avoid my friends ask me come WAR for zerg situations. I wish play DRK not WAR.

This question its DRK VS DRK. not WAR VS DRK. Im Making this last challenge to FFXI for the love to the game.

If you have capped accuracy and attack vs your target, Caladbolg III during AM3 will win. Rags crit rate and OD2.5 add up to ~30% increase in white damage vs AM3s 100% increase. However you will most likely find yourself sacrificing DD stats (multistrikes, store tp etc) whenever you dont have crazy buffs capping your acc. 75 acc on rag and the fact AM3 isnt the only thing going for it make it first choice between the 2 in most situations. Scourge also adds nice ws properties for GS users

If you love caladbolg (it does look cool) make it; there will be situations when its the best GS to use. If you want a GS which will serve you better (more situations where it shines, more flexibility in builds, more damage without relying on AM3) then you should make Rag.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-03-28 16:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You did no 'lolmaths', or the maths you did were truly 'lol'. You can't cap hit rate on anything difficult without making sacrifices, and there's 0 argument for caladbolg outdamaging ragnarok. You knew what answer you wanted when you asked this, and you'll keep that answer regardless of what anyone says. That's fine, but shitthread is ***.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-28 16:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The Drk forum has the create the most amount of shitposts of any job forum.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-03-28 17:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for the Help Guys. On VW-Legion era Ragnarok was vasty superior choice no matter what. The gear had Low amount of stats but in the present the gear have HUGE amount of Stats. I will Make a Caladbolg but only because my group can provide me enough buffs and because everyone and their mother its making a ragnarok Lol.

Im Dual boxing a BRD.
Another person in my group its dual boxing Corsair.
We have a Geo Too

When i play DRK always i will be in a High buff scenario. Caladbolg will provide me a better balance between White damage and Weapon Skill damage. I love Hit like a Train.

I did some lolmaths and Caladbolg yes is stronger when hit rate its capped, there is not a way Ragnarok can win in High buff scenarios spaming Resolution.

Scenarios where Ragnarok can win

1.- If you are doing Skill Chains /SAM.

2.- If your hit rate its not capped but if this happen its because you are in a Low buff scenario and if this happen you should come SAM and not DRK

3. Anytime you don't start with 3000 tp

4. Whenever an acc buff gets dispelled or drops off

5. Whenever am3 isn't up

6. Whenever your target is over ilvl135 and you aren't hit capped with your buffs

And I could go on.. Like I said, rag will win most of the time
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-28 17:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In VW-Legion era. The empyrean Aftermath was a lot more weak 50% ODD rate for 90 Seconds. We were using about 550 acu in these days so 50 acu was nearly 10% Hit rate and the x2.5/Critical hit of Ragnarok close the gap enough to say Yeah Ragnarok its the King and the Empy Aftermath its weak.
For a large part of the VW era Accuracy wasn't even a stat that existed, so that really plays zero part in Ragnaroks strength at the time.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-28 18:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
For a large part of the VW era Accuracy wasn't even a stat that existed, so that really plays zero part in Ragnaroks strength at the time.

Yes in VW nobody had acu problems but in Legion yes. 50 acu for these days in legion was a huge boost and the empy AM was weak. 10% Hit rate and nearly equal white damage Ragnarok won hands down.

In My old Legion LS. Lots of WAR changed their Ukon for Ragnarok for the acu and resolution.

DRKS tossed Caladbolg cuz the ragnarok was a vasty superior in those days than cala.

In the present are total different scenarios, with total different gear choices is the problem.
50 Accuracy? Rag only had 40 Accuracy over Ukon before the 20 skill loss. The change to Rag had very little to do with accuracy at the time.

I would love to see actual numbers in your posts. Caladbolg is doing 70% more white damage than Ragnarok? To simplify it Ragnarok essentially has a 30% chance to do 2.5% damage because of the combined Relic Proc and Crits being stronger than just a pure double damage hit. Caladbolg obviously is better at white damage, but 70% better is a huge stretch here.
By Raesvelg 2016-03-28 18:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I would love to see actual numbers in your posts. Caladbolg is doing 70% more white damage than Ragnarok? To simplify it Ragnarok essentially has a 30% chance to do 2.5% damage because of the combined Relic Proc and Crits being stronger than just a pure double damage hit. Caladbolg obviously is better at white damage, but 70% better is a huge stretch here.

Aren't Empy IIIs triple damage now?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-28 18:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing I said was to say it wasn't triple damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-28 19:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok Resolution Spam non Stop.

That's not how Rag works. You want the AM nowadays because it adds +10% crit hit and +15 accuracy.

DRK/WAR

Holy Jesus *** no.

At no point in time will you be using Berserk and Last Resort together, that is ***we did back in voidwatch because fanatics protected us and monsters had a 2.0 cap on their attack ratio. That era has long since passed by, no more fanatics spam and monsters new attack ratio cap is 4.0. With -60% defense you will take ~150% more damage from NM's physical attacks, which will kill you without a 7K+ HP buffer.

Right now /SAM is your best sub, not for Hasso but for the 15 free Store TP which enabled better gear builds. You start out with 3000TP, you pop sekkanoki and then do 1K TP Scourge (AM1 activate) -> 2.5K TP Resolution for self light which either starts your reso spam or your double light multi-step.

Anyhow what makes Rag win practically everything is the +75 accuracy and +24% crit rate. Nobody cares what damage you do on delve monsters, anything worth discussing requires you to be at or over 1100 accuracy standing outside TP without buffs or food.