Prime Resolution Set?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Prime Resolution set?
Prime Resolution set?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-29 22:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why you can't have a reasonable discussion on the DRK forums, it always devolves into a "But muh Apoc is deh bestest best!". Anything that doesn't support the nostalgic belief that obtaining an Apoc had Jesus come down from the Heavens to deliver it himself while giving the bearer his personal seal of approval, is met with open hostility.

Give up guys, Apoc was never this divine instrument of awesomeness that gave you all the drops, made all the girls panties wet and doubled your *** size. It was a great weapon, probably the third or fourth best relic after G.horn, Aegis and maybe Amano (Kaiten really was broke during this era). But stop treating it like it was the sacred holy relic.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-29 22:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
probably the third or fourth best relic after G.horn, Aegis and maybe Amano (Kaiten really was broke during this era). But stop treating it like it was the sacred holy relic.
So by your own words, it was either the best or the 2nd best DD relic at 75 cap.

I think I posted enough evidence to what Apoc purely had to offer at 75.

You on the other hand said things like switching your Head/Hands/Ring/Legs/Feet/Waist had impact on STP at 75. That Apoc was specifically only a zerging weapon, of which it was handily beaten by multiple weapons during the main time that zerging was the strategy of FFXI. That you literally can't make use of 10% haste off Apoc.

Really you are just copping out now and saying no one could possibly be reasonable but you because you can't make a legitimate case for what you are saying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-29 22:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Not true.
So Rag didn't get +13 base damage going from 75 to 80? A 98 damage Gungnir wouldn't have a DPS of 11.95? What exactly isn't true here?

Quote:
WTF.... you had plenty of STR on TP gear...
Turban, Homam/Dusk +1, Blitz Ring or Toreador's, Swift/Vbelt... we're talking about GS so no Justice Torque... Only STR you wore for TP was Rajas, Amemet +1/Forager's/Cerb +1/Cuchulain's, Haub/Ebody, maybe 1-4 STR on one ear depending on situation and time of day. That put DRK at or slightly below 100 STR, plus or minus a bit for race.

Quote:
For the jobs in question, WAR and DRK, you typically had +6~10 fSTR bonus which would coincide with 20~30 more STR then the target has VIT.
6~10 fSTR is a range of 24-40 STR-VIT. 20-30 is 5~7 fSTR. You're only around fSTR=8 on Greater Colibri with the STR above (though relic DRK would obviously use meat there), a VT RDM/RDM mob with low species VIT (and thus very low VIT for its level). fSTR=5~7 is probably accurate for a decent chunk of fodder content at the time (city dyna, Limbus, etc), less so of high level fodder (ice/dream dyna had higher stats for example) or NMs.

Quote:
I showed that Rag had ~2% faster time-to-100 from flat 0 and Apoc had ~1% faster after WS.
Starting from 0 is the exception, not the rule. I'm well aware that Rag was faster in that situation, but over time (and it doesn't take much) the advantage still drifts back to Apoc. Overflow doesn't completely eliminate that advantage unless you're assuming it happens every cycle (why?), nor does JA delay reset swing delay. We're still back to Rag having worse TP/time for its given xhit.

Quote:
TP per second got better until you hit around 350, which is staff delay, then it got worse until you hit sub 220 where it spiked back up. 431 delay still had better TP per second generation then 513 delay, barely but it was better.
Remember this?

Quote:
That is not what hurt Rag, it was a lack of a viable GS Weapon Skill.
You say that as if both can't be true.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-25 16:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
You're either underestimating how much accuracy Argosy +1 gives, or you're overestimating how much accuracy you need for content like I mentioned.

I happen to have full Argosy +1 along with AG Rag. 6 (3% hit rate) acc > 2% DA when not capped. 12 acc (6% hit rate) > 5% DA when not capped.

You need 1130~1150 accuracy before food or any other buff for anything greater then ~128.

Just trying to gear my DRK up a bit and I'm hitting a snag in accuracy. I can probably reliably hit 1050-1070 if I make some moderate/not-so-huge upgrades to my sets. Currently I'm sitting at 1030. No RME. No HQ Argosy. Any ideas on how I can hit 1150 base without those, or is DRK kind of in the "tough sh*t" category? And when we say 1150, are we talking about with Vorseals or in town with nothing on but tp set. Cuz I am reading two different comments on this thread.

I don't even think I took two seconds to gear my blu to 1200, but for some reason, drk is really lacking. Any advice would be helpful. Currently using Reisenjima/Etc gear, sets are about average I'd say. Advice please? Or is Argosy+1 and super lucky acc+39 augments the only way?

MACBAIN (DMG+35 ACC+15 STP+6)
BLOODRAIN STRAP or DUPLUS GRIP
HASTY PINION +1
VALOROUS MASK (ACC+28 ATT+18 CRIT HIT RATE+4%)
ARGOSY HAUBERK
SULEVIA GAUNTLETS +1 or VALOROUS GLOVES (ACC+30 DA+2)
KENTARCH BELT +1
ODYSSEAN CUISSES (ACC+30 DA+2)
SULEVIA LEGGINGS +1 or LOYALIST'S SABATONS (maxed, I know I need to upgrade this slot)
ANKOU'S MANTLE (STR+20/ACC+20 +20
PETROV RING
RAJAS RING
LISSOME NECKLACE
CESSANCE EARRING
BRUTAL EARRING
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-05-25 17:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, no RME on myself either. DRK is literally starved for accuracy, more so than most any other melee job in the game. Partially due to Job points. For some reason SE "balanced" that by giving DRK the highest Attack bonus gifts instead. Here's what I'm wearing currently in my Accuracy set:

ItemSet 343530
Currently @ 1190 with Cronus, 1220 with a MacBain.

Only real differences between that Accuracy set and a high Accuracy Resolution set is Fotia Gorget/Belt and a Rufescent Ring, none of which get counted in /checkparam but comes out to 27 accuracy.

Forgot Valorous Gauntlets are in WS set: DEX+14 ACC+27 ATK+25 WSD+3%
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-25 20:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this with food vorseals acc set? Obviously cronus has a huge acc augment, but that's scythe. How can you have so much acc with that set? I was referring to my tp set, not acc fully buffed set. Elaborate plz. I have about 1130 in acc set with gs, 1200 with scythe. No gifts yet.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-05-25 22:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my High Accuracy TP set while standing in Jeuno without buffs or food. My low accuracy set sits at 980 or so. I only use Cronus if I need the extra 70 Accuracy so I'm normally around 1120 with McBain. Mask, legs and feet all have Accuracy+35 augments, Emicho hands Accuracy path is pretty sickening and incredibly tough to beat by Reisenjima gear.

In that posted set (Cronus included) food, GEO buffs and Escha/Reisenjime vorseals it's going to 1350+.

Sublime Sushi: +100
Vorseal: +50~70?
GEO: +50
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-25 23:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I'll look into emicho. not sure how I missed that set.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-26 04:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my TP set on WAR, it's very similiar to what DRK use's.

ItemSet 342759

I use Valorous Mask with Acc +35, Atk +2? and STR +11.

My Resolution sets are identical on both.

ItemSet 342760

Don't TP in Argosy, it's bad for you on anything dangerous. Emicho body / hands can provide a *** ton of accuracy depending on what your Valorous augments are like. Sulevia's is absolute trash for TPing in, you can get better with Valorous / Odyssean and it's lacking too much haste. Sulevia's is great for a -DT set and VIT based WS's.

The DRK cape would be (haven't made mine yet) STR +20 Acc/Atk +20 DA +10
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-26 04:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok looked through my gear and saw what I could put together for a TP set without using AG Rag or HQ Abjurations. Basically lots of Valorous with good augments, so get rolling.

Main: Zulfiqar with DMG +25, STR +11, Acc +21, Atk +16, WSD +3%
Sub: Gracile grip
Ammo: Ginsen
Head: Valorous Mask with STR +12 Acc +31 Atk +25
Neck: Lissome Necklace
Earrings: Brutal + Cessance (could do Blade + Steel also)
Body: NQ Emicho Path B: HP +50 DEX +10 Acc +15
Hands: NQ Emicho Path B: HP +50 DEX +10 Acc+15
Ring1: Ramuh ring +1
Ring2: Rajas
Back: Bleating mantle (don't have augmented DRK cape yet)
Waist: Kentarch belt +1
Legs: Odyssean cuisses: VIT +7 Acc +31 Attack +29 Store TP +4
Feet: Valorous greaves: STR +7 Acc +35 Atk +23 Store TP +7

Total acc in bastok without food / buffs = 1115

Things that can be mix and matched are Grip + Belt combo, Rings and earrings. It takes extremely good Valorous augments on Body / Hands to match NQ Emicho path B and NQ Emicho is cheap and you know exactly what your going to get. Main weapons have a huge assortment, Chrono is great for Scyth or the Reisenjima one with Acc augments. GS is basically Zulfiqar or bust, not too many other choices.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-05-26 06:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I had Zulfiqar, but I'm still stuck on Reisen T1's. That dang mimic is a stupid, stupid head!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-26 07:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia's is absolute trash for TPing in, you can get better with Valorous / Odyssean and it's lacking too much haste.

While I use Emicho also, Sulevia Hands+1 are actually a pretty good option for TP. They come preloaded with 37acc, 41atk and 5%DA. They also have 3% haste, which is only 1% less than Emicho. If you are using Gracile Grip(The best haste accessory imho) you hit 25% haste, which is only barely under cap. If you had a +1 grip you're capped. If you are going for a DA build or don't need the acc/step of Emicho, it's a pretty reasonable option.

They're also a pretty decent Reso piece.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-26 08:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response guys, I really appreciate it.

Saevel - I figured your sets as much that is what I should be aiming for. So stick Argosy in Reso set. I admitted earlier I honestly never looked at emicho set (thought it was for BSTs), but I can easily grab body hands for acc path. Done. Legs I have Odyssean with a good stat, so it will take me just a few rerolls to get better.

Zulfiqar was a no-brainer, I had as much intention on getting that soon, maybe today if I have time to shout or get friends. Tried to buy Gracile Grip +1 on asura last night for 6,300,000 G and it failed, so f*ck that sht. NQ will have to do. But if I'm capped on haste, I could just keep Bloodrain or use Tzacab I guess. Any reason I should buy dex+ rings (I know, I should already have it), but I'm currently using Cacoethic ring/+1. You're suggesting removing petrov for the acc? Just wondering, but ok.

Valorous Greaves are the only thing I need to work on getting from Kist, and that shouldn't be much of an issue with a shout group of good mages.

Overall, thanks for the advice. The rrolling from Oseem has been killing my spirits, but it looks like Emicho can at least compensate for some of the acc. Sule+1 hands were being used occasionally since it brings 5%da and great acc to the table, with no rolls, which is why I use them (also use V hands).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-26 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Sulevia's is absolute trash for TPing in, you can get better with Valorous / Odyssean and it's lacking too much haste.

While I use Emicho also, Sulevia Hands+1 are actually a pretty good option for TP. They come preloaded with 37acc, 41atk and 5%DA. They also have 3% haste, which is only 1% less than Emicho. If you are using Gracile Grip(The best haste accessory imho) you hit 25% haste, which is only barely under cap. If you had a +1 grip you're capped. If you are going for a DA build or don't need the acc/step of Emicho, it's a pretty reasonable option.

They're also a pretty decent Reso piece.

Ok Sulv +1 hands are decent enough all things considered, I'm used to the Store TP from Emicho though. Sulv +1 also makes pretty decent WS items if the player doesn't have some of the better stuff. I just hate seeing people TPing in 5/5 of it and sucking hard cause they so under capped on haste.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Tried to buy Gracile Grip +1 on asura last night for 6,300,000 G and it failed, so f*ck that sht. NQ will have to do

Only real purpose for the HQ is the extra 5 acc, you will already be capping haste with the NQ. It's a trade off, you can't swap the grip out during WS but it free's up the best slot to be used for things other then haste.

Any reason I should buy dex+ rings (I know, I should already have it), but I'm currently using Cacoethic ring/+1. You're suggesting removing petrov for the acc? Just wondering, but ok.

Personally I use Petrov but I also have HQ emicho, well augmented Valorous and an AG Rag. The goal was to show how to reach over 1100 acc without resorting to AG weapons, HQ abjurations or any hard to get gear. The reason for 1100+ is that it lets you eat sushi and have decent hit rate without forcing the other melee's in the party to take an unnecessary accuracy buff over something more useful. In actuality you want more like 1150 accuracy so that you can reach 1350 in escha and be capable of fighting the CL135 T2's which are the highest level thing your going to melee on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-26 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. I should have qualified my statements. I can obtain hq abj, but it will take a long long time. I can also do t3s and such, but rme is not something I can make right now.

Valorius body is better than emicho for tp I assume. Gonna work on that, grab the few items mentioned and try to make a dent in my acc. It's been helpful and appreciated.

Back to oseem rolling
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-27 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valorius body is better than emicho for tp I assume

Actually it's not, unless you got godly stats like Acc 35+ with super high Store TP or DA. The NQ Emicho Body / Hands with path B are some of the best TP gear you can get without getting into HQ Abjurations.

Body
NQ Emicho
DEX 29 +10 = 39 (+29.25 Acc)
ACC 27 +15 = 42 + 29.25 = 71.25 Acc
DA +4%

Valorous
DEX 25 (18.75)
ACC 20 + 18.75 = 38.75
Store TP +3
DA +2%

Valorous starts off 32.5 accuracy under Emicho and trades 2% DA for 3 Store TP. The augments I got on my mail are DEX +4 Acc +32 Atk +24 Crit +3% which put it right at the same accuracy but it's not the same MA.

Hands
NQ Emicho
DEX 34 +10 = 44 (+33 Acc)
ACC 27 +15 = 42 + 33 = 75 Acc
Store TP +6

Valorous
DEX 33 (+24.75 Acc)
ACC 10 +24.75 = 34.75
Skillchain +5

Valorous is 40.25 less accuracy along with having no other solid secondary stat. The ones I have are VIT +11 Acc +35 Atk +30 Crit Hit Rate +1%.

So even with really good augments NQ Emicho beats Valorous for a TP set, you would need godly augments for Valorous to pull ahead. The downside to Emicho is that it has really low STR/VIT with no way to raise it so it's pretty bad for STR/VIT based WS' which are most of WAR and DRK's. The other pieces are pretty mediocre but the Body and Hands make an excellent combo, especially if you can get the HQ with it's DA +4% set bonus.

A note on augments, you don't get to really chose. You can't just talk to the NPC and say "hey give me high accuracy and store TP". Instead you must deal with SE's dreaded RNG that gives you 35 accuracy with 5% cure received and other *** combinations. Abjuration gear is just getting the stuff to drop and then buying the NQ off the AH for relatively cheap.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-16 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming I got the money together, what's the best set to work on first, Argosy+1 or Emicho+1? Piece for piece. I see that for TP, emicho hands/body are amazing, but for reso its argosy full set. Just trying to decide which is a better entry level.