Fastest Path To Toraimarai Canal / Fullmoon Fntn?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fastest path to Toraimarai Canal / Fullmoon Fntn?
Fastest path to Toraimarai Canal / Fullmoon Fntn?
First Page 2
By Felgarr 2016-03-05 18:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In 2016, is there a fast / easy to get to Toraimarai Canal / Fullmoon fountain?

I know there is the Windurst mission, but starting from Rank 1 sounds like a pain. Are there any other methods?

Thank you!
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-03-05 18:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This quest is an option:
Toraimarai Turmoil

Otherwise your best option is to get someone to let you in and grab the survival guide inside/go oldschool and three-mage-gate it.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2016-03-05 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Use clipper
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minivict
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2016-03-05 20:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

best 25 bucks youll ever spend
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-03-05 20:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting to and doing the windurst mission really doesn't take too long. I remember doing it for this very reason; very much worth it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-05 21:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Clipper costs $25? I'd just do the quest/s, tri/quadruple-box, or ask friends.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-03-05 21:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Clipper costs $25? I'd just do the quest/s, tri/quadruple-box, or ask friends.
Yes it does. Only 1 guy makes it now. Only a 1 time fee per computer though.
By Aelius 2016-03-05 21:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a crystal right before the Fullmoon Fountain zone but you gotta get to it first.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1573 days between previous and next post]
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

whats faster? missions for portal charm or the quest line for rhinostery certificate?
... can't believe there is no unity warp shortcut to that zone yet.
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-06-26 06:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

holy necro bump, batman
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-26 07:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said: »
holy necro bump, batman
That necro doesn’t even come close to the records set by me.

Get gud son
By Pantafernando 2020-06-26 07:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the quest? Because last i discussed this, it seems that to obtain the portal charm you need to actually pass the three mage gates so its kinda pointless, if you can get past it, just grab the HP. If its youre first time, i guess you just can gather the mages or do the quest.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-06-26 08:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest thing is to get someone that has a Portal Charm to come out and open the door for you. They can just warp out to the Toraimarai Survival Guide, which is right inside the zone from Horutoto.

While they can't open the door from the inside, there's a little warp platform in there that drops them back outside of it. So just zone out, run to that, open the door. Not even a couple minutes of their time. You can then run in and grab the Survival Guide as well and be set.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-26 08:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Fastest thing is to get someone that has a Portal Charm to come out and open the door for you. They can just warp out to the Toraimarai Survival Guide, which is right inside the zone from Horutoto.

While they can't open the door from the inside, there's a little warp platform in there that drops them back outside of it. So just zone out, run to that, open the door. Not even a couple minutes of their time. You can then run in and grab the Survival Guide as well and be set.

This.

lol @ the posts suggesting cheating.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-26 08:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also do the stupid series of quests to gain access beneath the house of the hero. I really should have done that on all 3 characters, because for some things it is outright faster. Totes recommend if one is going to do windy missions.
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-06-26 13:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Unicorn.Rufio said: »
holy necro bump, batman
That necro doesn’t even come close to the records set by me.

Get gud son

I don't recall asking you if this one was close to any of your "internet record breaking" ones
By Pantafernando 2020-06-26 14:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

KN has the innate ability of making enemies out of nowhere
 Quetzalcoatl.Shaofeng
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Arielhlee
By Quetzalcoatl.Shaofeng 2020-06-26 14:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Superwarp is the fastest. Takes you right to the hp even if you haven't unlocked it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 14:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't necroing for the sake of necroing. i just can't belief there is no alternative.

there is are work around KIs for most troublesome zones like eldieme necropolis, quicksand caves and what not that are somewhat easily attainable. how is there still none for this one.

stuff like this makes me wish no one in the dev team ever procreates.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-26 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Shaofeng said: »
cheating is the fastest. Takes you right to the hp even if you haven't unlocked it.
ftfy
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-26 15:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
wasn't necroing for the sake of necroing. i just can't belief there is no alternative.

there is are work around KIs for most troublesome zones like eldieme necropolis, quicksand caves and what not that are somewhat easily attainable. how is there still none for this one.

stuff like this makes me wish no one in the dev team ever procreates.

All those KIs you mentioned are recent changes. Originally they were as troublesome as the three mage gates because that was the concept at that tima: many players doing this kind of content so they could just gather peeps and pass it like normal.

But probably devs just forgot to adjust this requirement or just didnt bother, as its a one time only effort unlike the ones you mentioned, where players will need to pass often if they want to farm stuff
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 15:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly would just clip through the mage door. Or superwarp there. On the "risk scale" this is basically a zero.

The only way to do it solo is the quest. The mission you have to get passed the 3mage door, to get the key to the door.
The quest means getting to lastok and buying a bunch of cornettes to raise windy fame.
The "real" answer is indeed ask for help (or bring multibox mages)

Doors are merely a suggestion, as are cliffs and walls.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-26 15:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea right.

But the necrOP is the vanilian crusader so i guess he will need to farm cornettes.
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

cornettes can be bought from a npc and i had to do mandragora madness anyway cause you need fame lvl 6 for the avatar battles.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 16:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

*Edit*

Just wrong, forgot about the previous fetch quests in the progression.
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 16:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not sure i can follow you. in order to get the tuning fork KIs for the avatar battles i needed at least lvl 6 fame in multiple areas. but as far as i know i don't get access to the portal charm nor the rhinostery certificate by meeting fame requirements, i just get access to the lengthy questline for the rhinostery certifacte.

all i want is access to HTBF the moonlit path for the deeds RoE. you can't grab the HTBF entry KI without finishing the regular fenrir avatar quest which requires all the other avatars whispers...
if i knew what i know now befor i started the fame quests i would have just figured its not worth the hustle.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 16:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Upon accepting the quest, you will receive a Rhinostery Certificate which will provide access to Toraimarai Canal via Windurst Walls.

The only pre-req being - have fame 6 (and not accidentally starting certain quests)

If you have ramuh, you're already instantly able to go to toraimai. (if you do the whole questline) (edit, mistake etc)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-26 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Upon accepting the quest, you will receive a Rhinostery Certificate which will provide access to Toraimarai Canal via Windurst Walls.

The only pre-req being - have fame 6 (and not accidentally starting certain quests)
For that quest, yes.

If the goal is to do the Moonlit Path HTBF, then you would need to do Fenrir fight first, which requires all 6 whispers, which requires fame for all areas.
First Page 2