Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » FFXI Question
FFXI Question
 Asura.Lauriant
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2016-03-03 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi I have been away since they announced that they were stopping the main story content updates. My question is since then have they still been coming out with new random augment gear? And is it something you must have or people won't invite you to the new end game content?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-03 13:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lauriant said: »
Hi I have been away since they announced that they were stopping the main story content updates. My question is since then have they still been coming out with new random augment gear? And is it something you must have or people won't invite you to the new end game content?
If you want to be involved in the absolute toughest content then yes, you will need Reisenjima gear, the augments are pretty damn potent.
[+]
 Asura.Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2016-03-03 13:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thank you that helps to know. And I'm guessing it's random augs for that equip?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-03 14:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Reisenjima stuff is random, yes, but the stones for augmenting it drop like candy. It's not like Alluvion stuff where every attempt can be expensive (unless you go for Dark Matter augments).

Escha Zi'tah and Ru'Aun gear uses fixed augment paths though, similar to how Delve gear works. They cap at needing 3 +2 'lixirs though, and you can change augment paths for a small fee without losing ranks.
[+]
 Asura.Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2016-03-03 14:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Reisenjima stuff is random, yes, but the stones for augmenting it drop like candy. It's not like Alluvion stuff where every attempt can be expensive (unless you go for Dark Matter augments).

Escha Zi'tah and Ru'Aun gear uses fixed augment paths though, similar to how Delve gear works. They cap at needing 3 +2 'lixirs though, and you can change augment paths for a small fee without losing ranks.

Thank you this is exactly what I wanted to know that helps a lot. I'm glad it's not expensive that's what I was worried about didn't feel like dealing with that if I do actually come back soon which I'm planning on doing.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-03 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

New gear has and will probably continue to be introduced. As far as endgame stuff, there's a general progression as your gear and experience become better:

• Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish

• Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary

• Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs

• High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies): Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs, generally level 140ish content

• The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), HELM NMs in Reisenjima, Tumult Curator (super Pandemonium Warden), fighting me in Ballista

The newest augment gears are from Reisenjima, which would mostly be in that "Mid-point" endgame section I listed. On average, I'd say most people who play regularly are in that Mid-point stage, occasionally messing with the High-end stuff if they band together or get help from more seasoned friends. The bulk of endgame content is between the Next Step, Mid-point, and High-end stages. The Hardest Crap in the Game is currently taken on by groups of people who have put a considerable amount of effort in their gear, and are extremely well versed in strategies and mechanics. It consists of like 10 specific NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2016-03-03 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
New gear has and will probably continue to be introduced. As far as endgame stuff, there's a general progression as your gear and experience become better:

• Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish

• Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary

• Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs

• High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies): Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs, generally level 140ish content

• The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), HELM NMs in Reisenjima, Tumult Curator (super Pandemonium Warden), fighting me in Ballista

The newest augment gears are from Reisenjima, which would mostly be in that "Mid-point" endgame section I listed. On average, I'd say most people who play regularly are in that Mid-point stage, occasionally messing with the High-end stuff if they band together or get help from more seasoned friends. The bulk of endgame content is between the Next Step, Mid-point, and High-end stages. The Hardest Crap in the Game is currently taken on by groups of people who have put a considerable amount of effort in their gear, and are extremely well versed in strategies and mechanics. It consists of like 10 specific NMs.

Thank you this info helps a lot it's very well put together definitely nice job
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1577 days between previous and next post]
By ashcrow 2020-06-27 22:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way to stop blinking me when changing shuriken/ Ammo? its annoying to magic burst on nin with that stuff happening, Blinkmenot is no longer in windower4
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-28 00:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dressup should be in there which does the same function as Blinkmenot and more if you ever wanted to change races or costumes you dont have the gear for? It has options to play around with.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-06-28 02:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Dressup should be in there which does the same function as Blinkmenot and more if you ever wanted to change races or costumes you dont have the gear for? It has options to play around with.
Thank you that makes sense i could not find Blinkmenot
[+]