users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST And Endgame
BST And Endgame
 Pandemonium.Avidan
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Avidan 2009-09-02 18:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant find any info on BST doing endgame or anything like that, plenty on how to solo and what to kinda do in a party but not much else. Do BST get ANY endgame action? Any info would be great.
 Leviathan.Bilopdop
Server: Leviathan
user: Bilopdop
By Leviathan.Bilopdop 2009-09-02 18:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the only time BST gets to do end game events is when they do it with an all BST group/Linkshell.
 Hades.Manwae
Server: Hades
user: manwae
By Hades.Manwae 2009-09-02 18:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bilopdop is right. BST doesnt get much love endgame. I've been able to do a decent amount of EG on it, but eventualy I was pressured to lvl WAR, and now im forced to come or WAR for all EG except for the occasional ZNM or something like that. BRD is a good choice for a 2nd job if u want to do endgame. Everyone needs a brd and it will let u take advantage of your charm set.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-02 19:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

look up monsters inc a endgame shell on youtube . Other then a few nms bst gets no love bst has nothign in sea they can use sept jug pets and in sky not much better. Most time the only way u see bst in either zeone for end game and most other end game events is because its the persons only 75 job. Simply comes down to to few peeps know how to use bst or anyhting about bst sept its a good soloing xp job. Had heard bst sometimes use be wanted for charm claiming nms but SE pretty much nerfed that.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-02 19:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

just noticed level , dont give it up though it can be a fun job specially at 75 going places and soloing things most other jobs wouldnt even think of + some nice farming opportunitys. Also having a / 75 bst for sub is liek having it mained when it comes to charmign for soloing xp on other jobs.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-09-02 19:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

bst is an awesome job and i consider it my main. however no one will let you come bst if you have other 75's. mostly i understand this but bst has its viability. continue lvling your bst just for fun if you really like it and for farming gil and la vaule S its my most efficient job. ^^
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-02 19:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is all about thinking outside the box. You have to be creative to be useful. An interesting option came with the most recent update to the Circle abilities. BST is no unusually useful for choice Zerg situations

Example on KV, Choose a pet with innate Vermin Killer, use Kill Instinct, and your Party has a huge attack/accuracy bonus, this works equally well on ZNM Cerberus. As well as Kirin.

Tiamat, BST is invaluable, able to handle all the adds without much problem at all. Though many jobs can as well, it's still something to be aware of.

Depending on what you consider Endgame, there are various other options. For SCNM, BST is hands down the best puller. Able to pull with sneak and invisible up makes even the most precarious of situations manageable.

The real response however, is Flexibility. BST is not a useless job, but choosing the right job for the right situation is key to endgame success. The best you can do is have a Pet job, a Damage Dealing job, a Tanking job and a Mage/Supporter. "1 job only" people tend not to cut it this late in the FFXI scene unless they have sweet connections or give amazing oral pleasures.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-02 19:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you wanted a DD pet job, do Smn. Bst honestly is fairly useless endgame. Some uses in sky for Despot and stuff while the rest of the ls does another trig farm area, but in terms of killing anything - any other job would do better. Hell, even Pup.
 Fairy.Heillon
Server: Fairy
user: Heillon
By Fairy.Heillon 2009-09-02 20:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Depending on what you consider Endgame, there are various other options. For SCNM, BST is hands down the best puller. Able to pull with sneak and invisible up makes even the most precarious of situations manageable.

This is true. I soloed the ninja job fightat level 40.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-09-02 21:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

*reads thread*
[+]