WHM DD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-06 13:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Yagrush/Shield really the best? Every time I plug in all different types of DD sets. Nothing comes close to Yag with am3 up. Dual wield is way behind due to delay/224 skill.

This is what I am using:

ItemSet 338496

Telchine with +20 acc and +3 haste
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [626 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2017-06-23 19:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda augs on chronic.. if ur still around
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2017-06-23 19:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-06-23 23:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a GEO/RDM's Hexa Strike (not in any kind of dd set) kill Sovereign Behemoth once. 22 damage.

I'd've screenshotted it but didn't wanna encourage him.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [399 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-07-27 12:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all!

My Linkshell is doing an all battle mage aeonic run. Looking for updated sets on WHM to include any weps.

Thank you in advance!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-27 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
WHM
weps.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good buyable club offhand if using Tish main and need a good chunk of acc: beryllium mace +1

If you happen to have one lying around or on mule, this looks amazing: Izcalli

Something easy you can farm, but dat delay is meh for the stats it provides...: Herkuleskeule

WHM can use Ayanmo +2 set, so you don't need to fuss with that silly man Oseem. Rest of the stuff in the OP is pretty neat, if you're into the augments thing. DM augment campaign coming up soon, if you're interested in throwing mage gear in hopes of something useful.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-07-27 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all!

My Linkshell is doing an all battle mage aeonic run. Looking for updated sets on WHM to include any weps.

Thank you in advance!

My friend asked:

"Does AC SMN count as battlemage if they engage?"
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-27 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tishtrya + Sindri is the best main+offhand combo if you need accuracy. If accuracy isn't a concern, go with Kraken offhand of course. I've tested Sindri against Izcalli in Omen, and Sindri was much better of an offhand. It's a fantastic club and very easy to get.

For TP sets, Ayanmo is a blessing here. Besides that, it's mostly augmented Chironic.

Here's my main TP set, keep in mind head/feet are Dark Matter augments so good luck repeating those:

sets.aftercast.TP = {
ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'"Dual Wield"+3','INT+4','"Store TP"+5','Accuracy+2 Attack+2',}},
neck="Lissome Necklace",
ear1="Telos Earring",
ear2="Suppanomimi",
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands={ name="Chironic Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+25','"Dual Wield"+2','AGI+4',}},
ring1="Petrov Ring",
ring2="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
waist="Cetl Belt",
legs={ name="Chironic Hose", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dual Wield"+3','CHR+6','Accuracy+1','Attack+7',}},
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'"Dual Wield"+4','Rng.Acc.+21 Rng.Atk.+21','Quadruple Attack +3','Accuracy+17 Attack+17',}}
}

There's probably room for improvement, like maybe on the belt in particular. Been a while since I really looked at it.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-07-27 19:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing Tishtrya bandied about, wheres the love for Mjollnir? Now that afterglow is a thing I cant see any reason to main hand a Tishtrya unless its the only thing you have. Theres no competition between the two, Mjollnir has an advantage of 32 base damage and 60 attack vs store TP +10 and 500 TP bonus. I'll admit the TP bonus is sexy for Black Halo and Judgement, but it does very little for Hexa Strike or Realmrazer. And the 60 attack is huge for Whm, which is inherently starved for attack.

I take my DD Whm everywhere I can these days, Dynamis D, Ambuscade, Omen, HTBFs, JP parties, etc, and It keeps turning heads wherever I take it. Whm/Nin may not be a full DD, but it doesn't have to be. If I can put out half the damage of a real DD in a linkshell event while keeping the cures, hastes, and status removal spells going, I count it as a win. Obviously I'm not going to pretend that clubbing everything in sight is the best option all of the time, but its a good source of extra damage when I can get away with it, and tons of fun to boot.

So lets get down to gear.
ItemSet 360259
This is my TP set, Ayanmo+2 is an absolutely wonderful starting point as far as TP sets go, with a couple of perks even over Chironic gear. Notably Ayanmo+2 has better accuracy and enough haste to free up the belt slot for a windbuffet belt +1 or a shetal stone. Chironic can still be better depending on the augments, especially in a slot like the feet. The Dark Matter augments have yet to smile on me, for instance I have a pair of +48 accuracy gloves that still lose to Ayanmo+2's colossal accuracy bonus, let alone their haste or Auspice buff.

ItemSet 360260
Relic+3 is the best WS gear we are likely ever to see, given its gigantic buffs to attack. I personally only have the body so far, but I'll be working on the rest soon enough. In other slots, Begrudging Ring and a +Crit Ambuscade cape are Hexa-Strike specific pieces, you will want a +WSD augmented cape for Black Halo and Judgement.

An important note about the Ayanmo Ring: its set bonus only applies to a maximum of 5 Ayanmo pieces, so theres not much point in using it with a full Ayanmo set, its only good in a partial set and even then its not great.

On another note, Pergatory I want those boots. Seriously, those are amazing. Also I'm not sure how to get Mjollnir to show up as main hand, for some reason ffxiah seems dead set on main handing sindri and offhanding Mjollnir. Obviously this is wrong and not to be copied.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-07-27 21:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all. We are doing our entire aeonic run as mage DD. BLU not allowed. Meaning whm, geo, blm, rdm. sch, smn (no BP),1 brd, 1 cor(just rolls)

We have done aeonics in many ways, we have all the gear/jobs/weps/do it any way we want. Changing it up to make it more interested.

Our last round was only monk DPS allowed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-27 21:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You know how you do DD on WHM? First you need to summon your minions, then you send them into battle to fight for you while you repair the damage the big bad does to them.

White Mages are the shadow rulers for the FFXI world.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-28 03:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all. We are doing our entire aeonic run as mage DD. BLU not allowed. Meaning whm, geo, blm, rdm. sch, smn (no BP),1 brd, 1 cor(just rolls)

We have done aeonics in many ways, we have all the gear/jobs/weps/do it any way we want. Changing it up to make it more interested.

Our last round was only monk DPS allowed.

Sounds like whoever get to come rdm get to win parse...
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-07-29 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, rdm will be the main DD. It's more of doing out of the box setups than anything. Making it interesting lol.
By Boshi 2018-07-29 10:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach you seeing these Ideas?

I vet BRDs win on eirnys and teles
By Afania 2018-07-29 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
I vet BRDs win on eirnys and teles

No :<
By Boshi 2018-07-29 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine vanir battery would be a strong piece for both those sets if you don't need the 10 acc.
for hexa I could see Regal Earring, Shyuki Ring, Rufescent Ring or a MND4 ammo being in play also.

If you're using BlackHalo or Judgement Aeonic club would definitely win out mainhand.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-12 08:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking Yagrush/Sindri for Dynamis wave 3? That way can still AoE spells without losing TP?

Thoughts?
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2018-08-13 09:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy is an issue for wave3, my Whm clocks in at around 1250 acc in gear alone and the target is 1300 in gear. Auspice might bridge the gap with gifts, but for some reason it doesn't work with /checkparam and the info on its accuracy bonus is outdated and it needs re-testing now that gifts are a thing.

The second thing is that that Yagrush just isn't as important for melee Whm. The nature of being at the front line means getting hit with more AoEs and status effects, which on the one hand is great for Esuna, and on the other hand means having to deal with para/petrify/sleep that would otherwise have missed you. And on wave3 those status effects can be killer, especially when up against Blu or Rdm mobs that like to AoE horrible stuff.

I've done Whm/Nin to great success in wave1 and 2, but I totally understand my linkshell's trepidation on letting me club it up for wave3. In general they let me Whm/Nin when we have 2+ Whms in ally, so I can melee while healing a melee PT and the LS still has a fulltime dedicated healer in the tank PT. Hopefully I'll get to melee wave3 when my LS is more comfortable with the new content, but I expect I will have to be pretty selective about which packs I engage and which packs I steer well clear of. My melee experience thus far has been on Drk, and I think for wave3 fetters and Disjoined bosses should be fine for Whm melee, its just the packs of normal mobs need a keen eye to pick out potential hazards.

I love melee White Mage, but if you get stuck in a cycle of paralyzed Esunas, sleeping, or petrification while your party dies around you, you're doing it wrong. And wave3 very much requires the Whms to be doing it right.

tldr; Yagrush is redundant with Esuna and wave3 is dangerous but doable in some places but not others.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-08-13 10:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to Whm's innately high m.eva in gear options and dMND check, relying on esuna in our battlemage Aeonic run is not reliable.

For all intents and purposes, our WHMs will be DDing with AG Yagrush main hand.

RDM will probably win parse sure, but I foresee being the only one. In any case, I suspect that WHM will hit second miles ahead of the rest.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2018-08-13 12:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomly unlurking to comment about how much I like seeing the direction this thread is going~

Keep marching forward, Clubmancer WHMs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-13 13:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you were missing Mims.
On my BRD (which should have very similar gear to your WHM in our top-acc gear? It's mostly about full Ayanmo+2 and what not in the other slots) I was getting over 1686 acc with the HQ food (Marine Stewsomething).

Your WHM should be very close to that.
Buffs used were:
Marcato Honor March
Victory March
Madrigal x2 (max gear)
Hunter's Roll
SAM roll

That's it I think? Not sure if some GEO was using Torpor but you wouldn't see that with /checkparam anyway.
Actually I think we can drop hunter when the HQ food is up.
When that is down and you're relying on SublimeSushi+1 or stuff like that, then yes, need Hunter's.

Not sure on what is the average Acc requirement for Wave 3, probably changes from monster to monster, but I feel on average it should be around 1600. Probably slightly above 1600 because the other day I wasn't capping acc at 1593ish (was close to cap though)
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2018-08-13 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was basing my accuracy requirement off my Drk's target of 1300 accuracy in gear, which is for wave3 without Hunter's Roll. With Hunters like we had yesterday my Whm should be fine, without hunters my Whm *might* be comparable to my Drk's accuracy thanks to the extra 30-50 accuracy Whm gets from Afflatus Misery + Auspice.

Of course I haven't actually gotten to try out Whm in wave3 yet, the more I think about it the more I want to give it a shot, obviously steering well clear of the Rdm/Blu/Blm mobs and the like.

As for the food, sublime sushi actually has about 10 more accuracy than the Marine Stewpot we had up, its the other stats like +90HP and +90macc we were using it for. But yeah, your Brd's performance in wave3 yesterday gives me a good feeling for my Whm's viability. Good show by the way.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-13 17:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was doing really good I think.
Except the cross-pt bosses because I get only my songs up and not the other bard's :P

Either way, was fun!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-21 08:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
tldr; Yagrush is redundant with Esuna and wave3 is dangerous but doable in some places but not others.

I find esuna to just not be reliable enough tbh. The recast isn't great. Much better success just meleeing with main hand yagrush and it works quite nicely.

Generally wave 3 boss is fine, its a curaga 3 spam fest with some whm ws's tossed in.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-21 09:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I keep telling you fools: Stock medigun, Ubersaw, Blutsauger! IGNORE ANYONE WHO SPAMS THE MEDIC CALL.

Too funny. Death is for the weak!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 12:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated WHM dd sets for dynamis

ItemSet 360790

Allows to always benefit from yagrush without losing TP and still do damage. Curaga set won't be optimal but it's a start.

ItemSet 360791

I'm one foot shard away from this set being done.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6