Feared one bcnm
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-30 02:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting to see what drop rates are like for everyone for the h2h I'm currently 0/40 doing difficult runs with 6 people haven't even seen them drop yet. Now am I just having a bad streak or are they that rare to drop. I feel like I'd rather farm another d ring
 Carbuncle.Tronsy
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tronsy
By Carbuncle.Tronsy 2015-09-30 03:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you are having some bad luck... We went 2/4 last night on N, and probably seen 4 drop in the last dozen or so. Alternatively maybe I have just been lucky?
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-09-30 03:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

sad thing is I think I went maybe 1 for 10 give or take on easy an got the h2h to drop maybe I got lucky
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-30 04:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Like I honestly can't believe them numbers. One of my ls mates said he went 1/30ish on normal solo before he got them. And as I said in doing difficult and haven't seen a set drop in almost 40 kills. But everything else is plentyfull
By Elazar1 2015-09-30 04:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know we got 2 in 1 run on hard after like 3 runs but we can't get a shield to save our life's probably 0/40+ on that.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-30 04:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done at least 13 solo on N today, no H2H or earring. Did get a shield and a body (not the first time I've seen either of those). Since update, I've done it probably another dozen times, mostly N but a few D mixed in there. No H2H, everything else has dropped.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-30 04:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 8 runs on (D) here, saw 2 shields, 1 earring and 1 H2H.
Anybody mathed out if Denouements are better than Chastisers btw?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-30 06:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 0/20something on D runs, whereas evidently every other PUP in my LS is 1/1 on them.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-30 08:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally saw them drop 2/2 on Normal. Then after difficult they started to get rarer, and went 1/10 on Difficult.

I'd argue its more a luck streak than anything.
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2015-09-30 11:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure its just completely random. I went 1/2 on h2h soloing it on easy.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-30 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody mathed out if Denouements are better than Chastisers btw?

Strongly depends on target/buffs.

On lower end content, Chastisters are a little better but it's pretty close.

As you move into higher level mobs (SR, Escha T2+ NMs, high level UNM, etc.), things change a lot with the H2H hierarchy. Fleshcarvers become really, really good and are often the top choice, but Denouements hold up quite well and aren't too far behind. When acc is an issue, both easily beat Chastisers (and actually, even Glanzfaust). Hammerfists R15 B do pretty well also. And even with, say, Sushi, 1 Madrigal, and Torpor - Acc can be an issue for a MNK when Focus is down, or a PUP always.

If you're totally buffed to the moon on high end stuff, Chastisters and Glanzfaust go back to the top (though Denouements and Fleshcarvers remain good). But we're talking major buffs - something like 2x Mads, Bolstered Torpor AND Precision, Focus & Aggressor up, and capped magical haste.

A note on mythics: Kenkonken remains by far PUP's best DD weapon. The MA+50 and enhancement to PUP's best WS are major (as is the lengthy AM3 duration that also affects puppets). Glanzfaust, on the other hand, remains king on lower end stuff if you can maintain AM3, but without very heavy buffs falls off quite a bit in high level situations where you need lots of acc. Mythic AM3 OAx is also comparatively less valuable on H2H than other weapon types because it only procs on first hit (one "hand"). Not enough to devalue KKK for PUP because of the other benefits previously mentioned, but it's fairly significant for MNK.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-09-30 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To the people with these amazing drop rates login on my char and get them for me haha. Like I'm discouraged to even try to keep getting them
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-30 18:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
To the people with these amazing drop rates login on my char and get them for me haha. Like I'm discouraged to even try to keep getting them

My alt (wife's old character) has convinced me characters just have a hidden innate luck stat. She's the luckiest Taru ever. Especially when it's a R/E item that I'd really want on my main - personal coffers and Sinister Reign (why oh why did I bring her in there to torment me) are excruciating for this reason!

[And before anyone goes crazy about RNG is random, confirmation bias, and "there's no such thing as luck stat"... Don't take it too seriously, I'm joking. I think.]
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-09-30 18:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the BC around 30-40 times as THF on Easy going after the earring. The 1st drop I got was the H2h. The last one was the earring..

I think raising TH is more important than increasing the drop slots i these fights. That's why I usually slowed down on the 2nd part of the fight and went for more th procs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-10-01 01:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus does anyone have any solid strat for omega he always gives the groups I make a lot of trouble and it seems like his stat debuffs kill my accuracy on monk and it blows.
By Draylo 2015-10-01 01:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Try subbing ninja.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-10-01 01:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Try subbing ninja.

Well that's common sense
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-01 02:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Try subbing ninja.

Well that's common sense
It's not! The other day I was with a pt where we really struggled on D.
I did over 55% damage alone on SMN, and let me say that my SMN is nothing special.
Setup was:
PLD
THF
MNK
WHM
Idris GEO
SMN (me)

Nobody was /NIN and each of the 3 fights we did took ages with countless deaths and me saving the day and raising the WHM multiple times.
Of course I suggested everybody to go /NIN but everybody had their own different reasons for refusing to do so, sigh.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-10-01 07:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When Omega does Pile Pitch for 95% of your HP (mitigated by Pdt) along with hate reset, things can turn for the worse really fast. Omega has a high counter rate, so getting hit by Pile Pitch can lead to near instant death if he then counters a round of attacks. I basically died to my own attacks once. If uncertain, just turn for a second and let the party react in accordance. NIN sub is strongly recommended for this.

I never did the BC on D so Idk which moves they gain access to (perhaps Citatel Buster for Ultima?) but I usually fight Omega from behind after TA WSing on Gessho's trust then wrap things up with a few more WSs. The fight might be slowed down if he manages to put Discharger up. The shock spikes can hit hard on fast multi-attack DDs, and can lead to near permanent stun (unless they manage to turn as soon as the stun effect wears off).

Other than his Antimatter move, Ultima was easier than Omega. You may want to set up a DT macro for his breath attacks, which land various negative effects and can hit hard at high HP. Avoid facing him towards the support and healer for the same reason. They could get 1shot (at least trusts did).
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-10-01 07:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Try subbing ninja.

Well that's common sense
It's not! The other day I was with a pt where we really struggled on D.
I did over 55% damage alone on SMN, and let me say that my SMN is nothing special.
Setup was:
PLD
THF
MNK
WHM
Idris GEO
SMN (me)

Nobody was /NIN and each of the 3 fights we did took ages with countless deaths and me saving the day and raising the WHM multiple times.
Of course I suggested everybody to go /NIN but everybody had their own different reasons for refusing to do so, sigh.

Yeah it was the group I made
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-10-01 08:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

[And before anyone goes crazy about RNG is random, confirmation bias, and "there's no such thing as luck stat"... Don't take it too seriously, I'm joking. I think.]

I dunno, if SE came out and said "yes, there is an invisible luck trait on some chars," I'd be like "Ohhh, that explains a few things." Then I'd rage punch a kitten.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-01 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so Acey, I play on Asura, not Fenrir.
The group was made by a Mithra MNK, can't remember the name right now.
Was a really nice person with a positive attitude, but something in that setup was not working.
I don't think it was just a matter of people not having /NIN, there was something else amiss, altough the lack of shadows clearly didn't help either.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-10-01 10:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so Acey, I play on Asura, not Fenrir.
The group was made by a Mithra MNK, can't remember the name right now.
Was a really nice person with a positive attitude, but something in that setup was not working.
I don't think it was just a matter of people not having /NIN, there was something else amiss, altough the lack of shadows clearly didn't help either.

My name on asura is aceyyy I have a Mithra mnk. I sold my fenrir account awhile back
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-10-01 12:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the fight on N ~15 times or so I guess (dual box + trusts), and I've gotten the H2H once (and 2x earring, 1x helm/plate/shield). Haven't seen the neckpiece at all.

As with Dawn, on N at least, Attunement/Vex largely make it very easy. Only real thing is avoiding getting Pile Pitched in not-DT sets. Not sure how much that transfers to D or VD.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [249 days between previous and next post]
By Caligamy 2016-06-07 00:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like there is some hidden mechanic to drops on this fight or something because the rng troll is impossible to gauge. First night spamming it we went 7/10 on drops on easy difficulty using trusts and thf. Had everything but the Plate and Torque drop, went back a little later and got a 2nd Denouements drop solo.

For the following 2 or 3 days we have probably spammed it somewhere around 40x and only saw 2 torques.

The night where we had some weird amazing luck was during New moon on Lightsday, and we didn't change a thing since then.

My question though is does anyone know if one particular boss has specific drops where stacking TH would be more effective?
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-07 01:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this fight 30 times on Normal, give or take, and have not seen an Earring drop once. I saw terminal set drop within first 2 fights but nothing else. Every time I went I took THF, and got at LEAST TH9 every time and to no avail. I had to finally fork up the gil and pay someone else to get it for me since apparently SE didn't want it to drop for me.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48851/cessance-earring-can-i-have-it-sell/1/#3110352
By Draylo 2016-06-07 02:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it on VD, with decent players you can easily low man it with trusts.
By Caligamy 2016-06-09 06:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Which trusts do you use on VD? We tried a normal and they were dropped from 100% health to dead in one area attack, and we are all ilvl 119.

We were PLD THF WHM + Apururu, Koru-Moru, Selh'teus
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-06-09 06:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld thf whm should be able to trio N without trusts. I did N on blu with august, selh'teus, king, apururu and qultada none of them would die during the whole fight though apart from hate resets I'd end up tanking early on on each of them.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-06-09 07:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can solo N no problem on blue mage (even before I got my AG Almace) with trusts. August, Arciela I, Selh'teus, Apururu, and Joachim are typical. Stand on Omega's flank so you don't get countered, get him down to 50%, then toss a sudden lunge at him. That should buy you some time to get the rest of his HP down. He may get a Pile Pitch off, but again make sure you aren't in front of him. I have died when he got a pile pitch off and then countered me.

Ultima is easier if you stun-lock him. I wait until he does a TP move, then sudden lunge. I will get CDC off while he is stunned but be ready on the sudden lunge macro for when it wears as he will most likely begin another TP move. He does build resistance, but on N he doesn't last long enough for this to be an issue.

I used /thf as well and wore Chaac Belt and some TH Herc Boots for TH4. Eventually got the earring but I did not keep track of how many fights I had to do to get it.
First Page 2