Only 4500 Fireballs, What Am I Doing Wrong?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Only 4500 fireballs, what am I doing wrong?
Only 4500 fireballs, what am I doing wrong?
First Page 2
By Felgarr 2015-08-09 21:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me for the stupid question.

I just can't get fireballs above 4500.

I'm trying to farm CP/JP as BST in the Morimar (zone teleport with WKR boss KI).

I'm using Warlike Patrick and Fireball against Raptors. I have Pet: MAB+46 (includes +14 with Grape Daifuku), Pet: M.Acc+97. I have Aymur and I'm geared to the teeth, otherwise:

Warlike Patrick's /checkparam shows: Acc: 1011, Attack 1167.

For people who geet 9000+ Fireballs. What are you doing differently?

Some have said Woh Gates Acuexs is a better cape, but from which entrance?

Thank you.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-08-09 21:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

...fireball is a magical ws, is it not?
By Felgarr 2015-08-09 21:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Ramzus, I believe it is. I was mentioning /checkparam Accuracy and Attack output just as extra information.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-08-09 21:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Acuex and Umbril take boatloads of damage from Fire so I'm guessing that's the issue.

You can go to the "standard" bat camp, but stop just shy of getting to the bats and you'll see a camp of butterflies and Acuex. This is found from Marjami "beam me up".

There's also an acuex camp going from Ceizak "beam me up" though I couldn't tell you exactly where they are. Just sneak/invisible and look around to find them. They won't be as intermixed with butterflies so it's probably safer and better for BST.

Raptors are also strong against Fire, but I don't think it's by much. Just puts you at a disadvantage that you shouldn't do since you plan on killing shittons of these mobs and there are plenty of monsters weak to fire you could target.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-09 22:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Acuex and Umbril take boatloads of damage from Fire so I'm guessing that's the issue.

You can go to the "standard" bat camp, but stop just shy of getting to the bats and you'll see a camp of butterflies and Acuex. This is found from Marjami "beam me up".

There's also an acuex camp going from Ceizak "beam me up" though I couldn't tell you exactly where they are. Just sneak/invisible and look around to find them. They won't be as intermixed with butterflies so it's probably safer and better for BST.

Raptors are also strong against Fire, but I don't think it's by much. Just puts you at a disadvantage that you shouldn't do since you plan on killing shittons of these mobs and there are plenty of monsters weak to fire you could target.

Thank you so much for the reply. I'll try it out when I get home from work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-09 22:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you want the big damage numbers with Fireball, you need to exploit monster weaknesses. Solo, you're just gonna see middle-of-the-road damage at most of these camps.

Pet:MAB+98, Pet:M.Acc+73 @ Moh Gates:

And with the same gear/food @ Woh Gates Acuex camp, you get...

And you're using Familiar w/job points invested in it, ya? :)
You can remove some Pet:M.Acc if so, cause you're probably overcapped for these camps.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-09 22:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Failkirk, you are correct! Can you tell me what your Pet: MAB total is from Acro gear? (or if you have M.ACc there instead). Which food do you use?

I assume you have a heavy Pet: MAB set and use Pet: M.Acc food to make up for it? ...Or the other way around?

...or....do you actually have both? An Acro set for Pet: MAB and M.Acc separately? ....
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-10 06:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Yes Failkirk, you are correct! Can you tell me what your Pet: MAB total is from Acro gear? (or if you have M.ACc there instead). Which food do you use?

I tried to emulate your situation, so I used Grape Daifuku and had Aymur mainhand.

Offhand: Kumbhakarna (Pet:MAB+20, TP Bonus+200)
Ear1: hija earring (Pet:MAB+5)
Ear2: Diamond Earring (Pet:MAB+2)
Back: argochampsa mantle (Pet:MAB+12)
Skirmish Head: Pet:M.Acc+25
Skirmish Body: Pet:MAB+25
Skirmish Hands: Pet:MAB+20
Skirmish Legs: Pet:M.Acc+25
Skirmish Feet: Pet:M.Acc+23
+ Grape Daifuku (Pet:MAB+14)
= Pet:MAB+98, Pet:M.Acc+73

I assume you have a heavy Pet: MAB set and use Pet: M.Acc food to make up for it? ...Or the other way around?

...or....do you actually have both? An Acro set for Pet: MAB and M.Acc separately? ....

I've got a set for Pet:MAB and a set for Pet:M.Acc. If you've got the inventory/money/patience, both are situationally useful.

Full Pet:MAB - Low level content or Magic Bursts
Full Pet:M.Acc - High level content or for enfeebles like Roar/Sheep Song/Infrasonics/etc
Pet:MAB/M.Acc combo - For that middle ground, i.e. these level 121-126 cp camps
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-11 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

I tried to emulate your situation, so I used Grape Daifuku and had Aymur mainhand.

Offhand: Kumbhakarna (Pet:MAB+20, TP Bonus+200)
Ear1: hija earring (Pet:MAB+5)
Ear2: Diamond Earring (Pet:MAB+2)
Back: argochampsa mantle (Pet:MAB+12)
Skirmish Head: Pet:M.Acc+25
Skirmish Body: Pet:MAB+25
Skirmish Hands: Pet:MAB+20
Skirmish Legs: Pet:M.Acc+25
Skirmish Feet: Pet:M.Acc+23
+ Grape Daifuku (Pet:MAB+14)
= Pet:MAB+98, Pet:M.Acc+73

I've got a set for Pet:MAB and a set for Pet:M.Acc. If you've got the inventory/money/patience, both are situationally useful.

Full Pet:MAB - Low level content or Magic Bursts
Full Pet:M.Acc - High level content or for enfeebles like Roar/Sheep Song/Infrasonics/etc
Pet:MAB/M.Acc combo - For that middle ground, i.e. these level 121-126 cp camps

Good point Failkirk. With the stats I mentioned in my first post, I'm only getting ~5600 @ Acuex camp. I will aim for the augments you mentioned ...and might as well try for a Full Pet: MAB and Pet: M.Acc set....because I'm practically done with the Pet: M.Acc set :P
[+]
By geigei 2015-08-19 16:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Was on same boat, doing 4500 on umbrils, 2 days later 8700 MACC 74 MAB 55 + grape + 9jp on ready, should easily break 10k with better augm/jp.

Btw 74macc not enough.
By gregchiro2013 2015-08-19 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck I need to get back into beast :) Last time I had fun with beast was way back with exp penalty for charmed pets lol
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-20 01:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing poor too. I was pt with a other bst that was not as well gear as me but hitting about 9k-10k fireball and I was max at 3k. The only thing was was not same was the job point. My linkshell person told me that main reason is the job point 550.
By Ramorakomo 2015-08-20 12:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple questions, I'm using your gearswap from the guide, I saw something at the bottom about pet ready 'one' ext. Is that the same as /bstpet 1 <me> or am I using a different command. Next, I'm trying to find acumx I went to Woh Gates and only saw wheezing ones. Are these the right kind? Lastly I currently have about 75MAB but my numbers seem far off.. I know i'm lacking a ton of gear.. I just feel like something is missing.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 04:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i have 81 macc on pet and 101 MAB on pet but under 100 JP (098). The other guys beside me have about 40-50 macc and 50 mab on pet, but have 733 JP. is 550 JP main reason why he is hitting the 10k DMG when i only getting 3.4k tops on fireball? same mob, i use food he didn't same buff. plz help; ; someone thing my micro is wrong too.
line 1 equipset 005, line 2 /pet fireball, line 3 wait 1, line 4 equipset 007. maybe that is wrong? can someone plz help. thank you so much
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-08-21 04:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have Jp in familiar and used familiar in battle? That increase pet int by 30 if you have 10/10. It is a pretty big chunk of int to help fireball dmg.
By geigei 2015-08-21 04:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Your JP's on ready? if now thats why. Also nukumi gloves add big chunk of dmg instead of mab hands, or tp axes.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 04:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

okay my JP was on ready... i do have nukumi gloves, but i was told use it in line 1 with my ready/sic deley down micro and use taeon gloves for line 4
By geigei 2015-08-21 04:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nukumi is midcast, needs to be worn when fireball goes off.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 04:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
Did you have Jp in familiar and used familiar in battle? That increase pet int by 30 if you have 10/10. It is a pretty big chunk of int to help fireball dmg.
no i didn't put jp on those yet. the run was a CP pt no one use 1 hr. they was just out dmg me by 5-7k easy
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 04:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
kk, i change my micro for it, that hand would be use for both MAB and PHY moves right?
By geigei 2015-08-21 04:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but mab hands going to be better once you get double tpbonus axes.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 06:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a to axe?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-21 07:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

CHENGMIKEY said: »
kk, i change my micro for it, that hand would be use for both MAB and PHY moves right?

If you still havin issues I can show you my precast and mid cast set and macro lines. This is Foreverj btw.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-21 07:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

If you still havin issues I can show you my precast and mid cast set and macro lines. This is Foreverj btw.
Thank you so much
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-21 15:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately it only helps macc. No help to dmg.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-22 04:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xenorex said: »

Unfortunately it only helps macc. No help to dmg.

I'm no BST, but I'm sure one of the stats would increase your pet's DMG ... do pet ws's not even have any kind of WSC?
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-08-22 05:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to say thank you for all the ppl that reply and help me understand bst more. and special thanks to foreverj for the help online in the game. thank you so much for all the support.
 Fenrir.George
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.George 2015-08-22 08:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you who are struggling with fireballs, like I was, this may help:

1. Make sure you call Warlike Patrick with Relic ilvl119 Hands and ilv119 axe

2. Make sure to have 5/5 in Beast Affinity
(just these 2 should boost your dmg on fireballs w/o any magic dmg gear or TP bonus gear)

3. Now that you have called Warlike Patrick out at 119, put on any other TP bonus modifiers and pet MAB gear

4. Watch the results :)

I was upset when I had some crazy MAB + TP bonus gear and did not know Warlike Patrick was spawning at ilv 109, due to beast affinity and no ilv119 relic. Now I have all this gear, no Aymur yet, and hitting 10-11k easy solo (w/o food) in Sih Gates vs. Tough Acuex.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-22 09:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.George said: »
For those of you who are struggling with fireballs, like I was, this may help:

1. Make sure you call Warlike Patrick with Relic ilvl119 Hands and ilv119 axe

2. Make sure to have 5/5 in Beast Affinity
(just these 2 should boost your dmg on fireballs w/o any magic dmg gear or TP bonus gear)

3. Now that you have called Warlike Patrick out at 119, put on any other TP bonus modifiers and pet MAB gear

4. Watch the results :)

I was upset when I had some crazy MAB + TP bonus gear and did not know Warlike Patrick was spawning at ilv 109, due to beast affinity and no ilv119 relic. Now I have all this gear, no Aymur yet, and hitting 10-11k easy solo (w/o food) in Sih Gates vs. Tough Acuex.

I'm assuming you need 80-90 MAB and 70-80 MACC for these numbers based on previous posts. Am I correct?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-22 09:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to say thank you for all the ppl that reply and help me understand bst more. and special thanks to foreverj for the help online in the game. thank you so much for all the support.

Glad you solve the issue mikey
First Page 2