skillup areas
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-08-29 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine is stuck at skill level 207 for his Great katana, He went to the boyahda tree but isn't getting many skillups at all lol. And suggestions on good places to skillup for that skill level? o.o
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-29 17:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm Sky or crab camp deep within the tree
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-29 17:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped Polearm in a few days by merit PTing a few times as soon as I reached DRG 75... I have a hard time why he could not do the same as a SAM, expecially if the weapon he wants to cap is a Great Katana...

People are forced to make skillup parties when their weapon is unconventional or when their job doesn't allow them to meelee in a normal party, since they cannot skill up otherwise...

I think you friend is just lazy... or from the "I will never ever pt because it's way too hard to coordinate with 5 people at once" generation :P
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-08-29 17:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Castle Oztroja [S] is pretty good once you get a little deeper inside.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-29 17:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Crabs in kuftal tunnel.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-29 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

can always make sync parties at lv 70+, would skill up pretty fast in those.
 Caitsith.Beanie
user: Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 17:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Psyence said:
I capped Polearm in a few days by merit PTing a few times as soon as I reached DRG 75... I have a hard time why he could not do the same as a SAM, expecially if the weapon he wants to cap is a Great Katana...

People are forced to make skillup parties when their weapon is unconventional or when their job doesn't allow them to meelee in a normal party, since they cannot skill up otherwise...

I think you friend is just lazy... or from the "I will never ever pt because it's way too hard to coordinate with 5 people at once" generation :P

I'm the person she's reffering to here, and no I'm not being lazy, If I were lazy would I be here trying to skill up? I would think a lazy person would just continue to level sync not caring about capping skills so why don't you think before you talk son. I've been at the tree for almost 2 hours trying to skill up with my soboro and I've gotten a total of 1 skill level, all the crabs have been EM or higher. Now if you want to add something to that I'd be more than willing to listen. btw I'll be here til this is capped so if anyone wants to join /sea all beanie.
 Caitsith.Unafae
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-08-29 17:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In no way is Beanie lazy sheesh can ya think before you call someone a name. I mean that's totally insulting because you don't even know this guy. He's the most amazing player/ls leader/friend and all around ur go to guy. Would it be too hard to leave out the snide comments and actually just make a suggetion. Cuz you know, like Thumpers mom said if you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all, still a good rule to follow if u ask me.
 Bahamut.Maswan
Server: Bahamut
user: Maswan
By Bahamut.Maswan 2009-08-29 17:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Either make a merip, or put your flag up and look for one, you get skill ups and merits, what more could you ask? :D
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-08-29 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Castle Oztroja [S]
 Caitsith.Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 17:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:
Castle Oztroja [S]

Beastmen? I've only been there once so I wouldn't know what to skill up on.
 Caitsith.Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unafae said:
In no way is Beanie lazy sheesh can ya think before you call someone a name. I mean that's totally insulting because you don't even know this guy. He's the most amazing player/ls leader/friend and all around ur go to guy. Would it be too hard to leave out the snide comments and actually just make a suggetion. Cuz you know, like Thumpers mom said if you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all, still a good rule to follow if u ask me.

ty Una for the kind words *psst check is in the mail*.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-29 17:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Beanie said:
Psyence said:

I'm the person she's referring to here, and no I'm not being lazy, If I were lazy would I be here trying to skill up? I would think a lazy person would just continue to level sync not caring about capping skills so why don't you think before you talk son. I've been at the tree for almost 2 hours trying to skill up with my soboro and I've gotten a total of 1 skill level, all the crabs have been EM or higher. Now if you want to add something to that I'd be more than willing to listen. btw I'll be here til this is capped so if anyone wants to join /sea all beanie.

well you're right about the level sync thingy completely killing your skillups... it should be a natural evolution from level to level, your skill would cap on your main weapon... at least it used to be like that

so... when you see a shout for a merit pt syncing around the level you need to skill up, join them and eat sushi and use as many accuracy gears as you can afford (unless its birds then dont use sushi lol) and skill up naturaly while still gaining exp/limit points.... so you won't get the sucky feeling that you're wasting your time...

also put all your merit points in Greater Katana right from the start, the first thing you want before anything else... is to stop missing with your main weapon or else you could have all the STR and Attack in the world it would be worthless right? :( your first goal is to stop depending on the damn sushi cause otherwise it'll end up killing your budget...

as you gradually stop missing you can depend less on accu food and still skill up... at some point you can join 75 merit greater colibri pts and if you don't miss when you hit, you'll cap in no time
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-08-29 18:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Beanie isn't lazy, he's a very skilled player. He likes to stay on his game, and i'm the same way :)
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-08-29 18:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Your SAM is only 62 ignore my option! I assumed you were 75 lol avoid Castle Oztroja [S]!!
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-29 18:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

crabs in kuftal tunnel. /dnc and should be fine. if not, take a friend.
 Caitsith.Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-08-29 18:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Beanie said:
Unafae said:

lol yeah yeah woot I'm gonna be rich, heading on might join ya up there if I can get out sacrium, I forgot a warp DOH!!!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-29 18:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unafae said:
Beanie said:
Unafae said:

lol yeah yeah woot I'm gonna be rich, heading on might join ya up there if I can get out sacrium, I forgot a warp DOH!!!

wow i didnt realize "lazy" was an insult, besides its hard to insult people we don't know ... well i retract my word if it makes you feel better xD
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-29 18:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If your SAM is 62, Cap is like 210ish, just lfp 62+, Colibri, and you will cap pretty fast.
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-08-29 18:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:

...for skill level 207? I could've sworn skillups stopped around 200ish in Kuftal >.>
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-08-29 18:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol una XD
 Caitsith.Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 18:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks it means a lot to actually that you would do that. I take pride on not being a lazy person and I do the best I can to make sure those in my ls looking to learn, work hard and never cheapen themselves for convience. Cheers to you bro and all the best with your DRG.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-29 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me fails to believe that 2 hours+ and only one skill up...
I've never, ever had that much of an issue, even when the weapon is near-cap at 75.
 Caitsith.Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 18:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fivestarplayer said:
Ultrarichard said:

...for skill level 207? I could've sworn skillups stopped around 200ish in Kuftal >.>

Yes it does, it caps on sam at about 61 GKT.
 Caitsith.Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2009-08-29 18:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:
Your SAM is only 62 ignore my option! I assumed you were 75 lol avoid Castle Oztroja [S]!!

TOO LATE! >__<

edit: I just got killed by aquarius BUT I got an archery skill up when I pulled him c_c
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-08-29 18:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Beanie said:
Scizor said:

TOO LATE! >__<

edit: I just got killed by aquarius BUT I got an archery skill up when I pulled him c_c

HAHAHAHA XD
 Alexander.Aegiz
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-29 19:22:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
A friend of mine is stuck at skill level 207 for his Great katana, He went to the boyahda tree but isn't getting many skillups at all lol. And suggestions on good places to skillup for that skill level? o.o

The Boyahda Tree skillup just fine, however you have to check those steelshells before fight because those steel con from DC EM and T, if you fight DC steelshell then the skillup will take really long to go up and after 220 you have to fight EM or T steelshells. Good luck with the skillup :)
 Ragnarok.Dougr
user: Dougr
By Ragnarok.Dougr 2009-08-29 19:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This Sam is obviously lazy.
 Caitsith.Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-08-29 21:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dougr said:

and ur obviously a jerk, how the hell can people just say random crap without even knowing someone.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-29 21:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unafae said:
Dougr said:

and ur obviously a jerk, how the hell can people just say random crap without even knowing someone.

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET, LOSER!
xD
First Page 2