Keraunos Perfect Augs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Keraunos perfect augs?
Keraunos perfect augs?
By lhova 2015-06-07 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the augs needed to make this staff almost equal to mythic staff? Thanks!
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-08 11:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Niburu TypeA. MAB+63 INT+19 almost > Mythic MAB+60 INT+0
Keraunos MAB+53 INT+35
By lhova 2015-06-08 15:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Keraunos MAB+53 INT+35
I don't get it, so are you saying Keraunos is third best with the augs you mentioned? You also didn't mention macc.

I currently have mab 48, int 30 and cure potency 20%
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-08 17:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Keraunos MAB+53 INT+35

Mythic also has Magic Damage 248, vs Niburu having 217

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-08 20:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-06-09 09:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget the proccing of AM2 with BLM mythic:

floor( TPĂ·10 - 10 ) Magic Attack Bonus

added to it's damage. Maintaining AM2 with all the Occult Acumen gear available now through Helios Augments alone is quite easy.

**edit**

in addition, I would highly suggest swapping "magic burst damage bonus" as your 3rd augment on a Keraunos.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 10:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, why are people not using the leaf slot for magic burst bonus? If you were, this feels like this shouldn't even be a discussion. Have you magic burst lately?

Edit: Totally missed the edit above me.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 14:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Helios head, hands, feet w/ MAB+25 (or MACC/MAB+20), Occult+10, MBD+10% with Mizukage. Then another set for INT+10 minus the MBD augs. AF body + Hag.pants. Would cover the MBD cap but I wouldn't use MBD over INT unless planning to MB.
Each staff is best depending on the target and situation. There is no #1 staff for BLM 100% of the time.
Edit: Actually I'm lying to myself. I think Laevateinn is inferior 100% of the time due to zero INT. Too much MAB w/ AM2 and not enough INT to matter any.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 15:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you really want to spend all that gil to make 2 helios sets, one for burst and one for now? Putting it on the staff doesn't take away from your damage at all when your not bursting, putting it on armor likely would. You can pretty easily get to 31% with the accessories(keeping in mind one of the rings exceeds the cap so not counting it for total), wretched coat, and the staff, so you only need 1 piece of helios with burst bonus. I chose the head for instance, then use my Hagondes +1 for non magic burst currently.

Keep in mind what your putting in the leaf spot on the staff anyway, fast cast seems to be a popular choice, if your using gearswap or some other form of precast your probably not making much use from this fast cast. With RDM sub for instance, your starting at -45% casting time reduction from celerity and fast cast, job points adds more. Im pretty sure the other 31~35% should be pretty easy, so your mostly using that 6% on staff for enhancing/cure fast cast or 3% recast.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 15:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Making x2 Helios 3/5 ain't so bad considering it does atleast ten-fold what Laevateinn cost does for BLM. If you're using other gear over Helios you're losing Occult which imo is best to atleast have readily available > get TP > swap into more potent nuke set w/o AF body > Myrkr > Repeat
Josiahkf said: »
Helios head, hands, feet w/ MAB+25 (or MACC/MAB+20), Occult+10, MBD+10% with Mizukage. Then another set for INT+10 minus the MBD augs. AF body + Hag.pants. Would cover the MBD cap but I wouldn't use MBD over INT unless planning to MB.
Each staff is best depending on the target and situation. There is no #1 staff for BLM 100% of the time.
Edit: Actually I'm lying to myself. I think Laevateinn is inferior 100% of the time due to zero INT. Too much MAB w/ AM2 and not enough INT to matter any.
I figured mythic would win for tier I nukes on mobs below lvl 119 where the INT is devalued no?

Handy to save for farming or old *** lol
Great for /lockstyle too ~
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-09 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Running through the nuking spreadsheet, Laev should win on Tier 1, and with AM2 up, it should win on the rest.

I'll post numbers later. I know that is about how it is on Tups for SCH.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

w/ AM2 up you need INT or MAB+500 means nothing. Unless SE somehow altered the formula beyond increasing dmg dealt through nukes then the spreadsheet is inaccurate. Then again your SS target is Tojil ofc and not Escha lv135. Low tiers is a given being it has highest mdmg of all staffs but to make a mythic for tier1~2 nukes to swap into something else for higher tiers. . .
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 16:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A month ago i probably would have agreed more with using occult efficiently at all times, but i've basically resorted to using AF body for solo or aoe'ing, if im with a group im magic bursting or changing to SCH to make a SC to magic burst, and the fights over long before I've exhausted my other options for MP. Even when i get TP before a fight is over, theres the new JA and theres vido since i generally don't need MP in this absurd MP:DMG efficient world that SE has given us.

So i guess its just if your willing to go the extra mile in terms of inventory use and gil spent, feels pretty minimal to me.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
A month ago i probably would have agreed more with using occult efficiently at all times, but i've basically resorted to using AF body for solo or aoe'ing, if im with a group im magic bursting or changing to SCH to make a SC to magic burst, and the fights over long before I've exhausted my other options for MP. Even when i get TP before a fight is over, theres the new JA and theres vido since i generally don't need MP in this absurd MP:DMG efficient world that SE has given us.

So i guess its just if your willing to go the extra mile in terms of inventory use and gil spent, feels pretty minimal to me.
So MB without Helios 40% cap utilizing Occult on those same pieces while going for 5% on Kerunos instead?
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looking more closely, why would you need 3 pieces of helios with burst augment anyway?
10 neck, 5 ring, 5 back; So 20/40, you'd at most need burst on 2 pieces of helios, then use the 2nd ring that breaks cap for 45.

Now, I don't have the math i did around me currently to confirm it but if i remember right, i had wretched coat ahead of helios jacket(10 INT, 20 mab/macc) in terms of damage already, so when you drop that INT even more, even if you drop the macc and add 5 more MAB, its still behind it in damage unless your magic bursting and that 5% burst bonus isn't made up somewhere else. So for pure damage on magic burst when your mp efficiency is lol, i can't see using helios over wretched coat, and that mean needing 5% on the staff. So while it does come to to mp efficiency versus damage, the damage difference is multiplied pretty hard when magic bursting and at that point your mp efficiency is already pretty laughable, i doubt its really worth it. Then considering what it cost you, leaf stones and the seemingly most common option, 6% fast cast, which i already ranted about earlier to some extent.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 17:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Then 2 pieces at the least of helios mdb+10%. I don't know what ring you're talking about that breaks the 40% mbd cap.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 18:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mujin band does not count toward the gear cap for MBBonus.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-09 18:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. ty
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-21 00:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I have been considering getting a Nibiru Staff, but was wondering how it compared to Keraunos since it has less INT. After some number crunching, Nibiru pulls ahead for just about everything when it comes to T3+. I don't know the INT values of anything lv135, so I just used arbitrary values of 230 and 260 for testing purposes. Keraunos comes closer to Nibiru as the dINT value decreases, but it still falls short on every nuke. Here's the math if someone wants to check it:
[+]