Finishing SoA Storyline Solo. Possible?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Finishing SoA storyline solo. Possible?
Finishing SoA storyline solo. Possible?
By Chaosofasura 2015-06-04 11:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm on Yggdrasil beckons. I attempted the fight as a duo bst (dualboxed). Managed to get it down to 27% I believe it was before the guy (name slips my mind at the moment) died. I went subbing rdm for cures, but alas it wasn't enough to keep him going. Pets tanked for the most part but the -agas and AoE moves were enough to ruin things. I used Valaneirl, Zeid II, Kupipi, and Koru as trust. Val but the dust not long in and Zeid followed after. Surprisingly Kupipi and Koru lasted the entire time. But anyways is it possible to solo these two fights and the later ones at all?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-04 11:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeid's not very durable- I wouldn't really recommend him for something like this. I would also try using Amchuchu as your tank. Apururu is almost always the best healing trust- if your intention is to solo these, it would be worth it to switch to her Unity.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-04 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu is probably the strongest tank trust. Try her and see if your results improve.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-04 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Those two fights are much more difficult than the remaining ones after, in my experience.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-04 13:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You lost? On Bst? I've soloed the entirety of SoA on BST with no trusts because I don't bother to engage. I'm guessing you are missing some gear/jp/ect.

For Ashraak, I believe I just killed him the usual way. Familiar > Run Wild > Spur > Unleash > Razor Fang until it's dead.

For Dhokmak, you just use the grasshopper instead of the tiger and use Tegmina Buffet instead of Razor Fang.

You really shouldn't fail with just one BST, what was your 2box'd character?
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2015-06-04 13:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak to pure solo, but since you're dualboxing I'd suggest a WHM+DD combo. I did the whole thing from start to finish with SAM+WHM using Ulmia/Joachim/Koru-moru and had zero issues.

Trusts do a pretty good job of keeping up with buffs and debuffs as they wear, but I don't really... trust... them with more important things like healing at a sustainable pace. DD trusts also don't do very much damage (prolonging your fight) and healer trusts don't heal the battlefield NPC's (who will be dying from the drawn out fight).

Support trusts do more damage by buffing a player character than DD trusts do by attacking. As an added bonus, you don't need to waste a spot on a tank if you're doing all the damage yourself. Bringing your own WHM also lets you keep your healer out of range of AoE silence, petrify, etc. Barspells, Cureskin, merited Shellra V, and empyrean legs Curaga will go a long way towards keeping you afloat as well.
[+]
By Chaosofasura 2015-06-04 18:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have stated; both characters were on bst, I used the NQ bird and my other used the NQ snapweed. My gear is far from perfect but it's not laughable in any way, I was using Acro set that atm has some variable pet stats. Been trying to aug with DT/PDT but the aug system hates me -.-. I can also do Blux2 or have my other on Geo/me on Blu if surviving the hits are possible
By Streak 2015-06-05 15:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched a PLD+trusts solo all of the final missions.

I tried on RUN but my gear wasn't quiet yet there.

I had mixed experiences doing it on Pup but with the newer gear and gifts perhaps.