Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Farewell Lakshmi
Farewell Lakshmi
 Lakshmi.Fobby
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2015-04-22 15:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone. I'm sure this is just round 2 of the mass bans that happened a few months ago but it seems that I've been caught in that net by association. It's been a great run with this game and I'm glad to have made many friends in game. From my self diagnosed addiction to the game in 7th grade to now (about 10 years? damn), it's weird to imagine how much more time I will have now. It's a pity that I had just finished getting all the HP Bayld for Idris the night before I got banned. Maybe that's SE's way of playing some cruel joke. I wish you all luck in the future as this game reaches its end.
 Lakshmi.Smithhart
user: smithra
By Lakshmi.Smithhart 2015-04-22 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Best wishes, Fobby. Sorry to see you go.

I haven't been using any cheats since my suspension, but I wouldn't be surprised if somehow got caught in the same net.
 Lakshmi.Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2015-04-22 18:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny b/c I haven't used botting for reives and whatnot yet email claims so. oh well. will see how they respond to me but chances are its unlikely.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-22 18:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure they're just taking GM calls and doing a guilty by association check on anyone with a mythics or ergons. For what it's worth, it was fun playing with you, Fobby. Best wishes.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-22 18:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
 Lakshmi.Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2015-04-22 23:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah... i guess having 3 mythics, empy, and ergon would be a red flag for definitely cheating
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-22 23:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't actually botting and got accused of it, I feel genuinely bad for you. I really wonder honestly if ANY sort of investigation is actually done or what...

On the bright side, addiction broken, so it's not all bad. Still waiting for mine, as I'm to weak to do it myself.
By Elazar1 2015-04-23 00:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know you but there's an old saying no smoke without fire.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-23 00:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just call SE and talk it over with them, since I'm sure by this point in the game, they probably want your continued income. Worst case is that you have cemented closure, best case is they do the ol "We'll investigate further" routine and a few months later you might get your account unbanned.

Nothing to lose but time you would have put into XI and a phone call to Cali, you know?

Lakshmi.Fobby said: »
yeah... i guess having 3 mythics, empy, and ergon would be a red flag for definitely cheating

There's a Kanye West joke in there somewhere.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-23 03:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Just call SE and talk it over with them, since I'm sure by this point in the game, they probably want your continued income. Worst case is that you have cemented closure, best case is they do the ol "We'll investigate further" routine and a few months later you might get your account unbanned.

LOL just isn't a good enough response to this post, I don't know what is, but laughing my *** off isn't good enough either... have you ever talked to SE customer support... I'm gonna guess that you have not.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-23 04:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Don't know you but let me baselessly slander you anyway
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-04-23 08:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't really done anything with you in years since we were in the same ls and did ballista together, but sorry to hear that you got banned Fobby. Good Luck with getting an explanation from SE (you'll need it!) and Good Luck with whatever you do next in life!
 Lakshmi.Veika
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2015-04-23 13:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear that :/ If you need an account you can always use mine. I hardly play this game anymore. I have a geared THF/WAR/BRD/poverty BLM.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-23 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

:/ sorry to hear that. RIP Battle Bard. Hopefully life will get better for you now that do not have the time sink that is FFXI
By lhova 2015-05-17 08:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn that sucks Fobby. Good luck bro and thanks for having a pimped blm and helping me with Yorcia skirmish!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-07 00:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Don't know you but let me baselessly slander you anyway

When it's written its Libel
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-06-07 00:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So they do 1 and done bans now?

I've come back to the game every few months over the past year, but I played a lot ~ 4 years ago. I remember your name but we rarely spoke. Sorry to hear you got ban't :(. Best of luck to you.
By Selindrile 2015-06-07 02:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know you but there's an old saying no smoke without fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tHOVVgGkpk

Old sayings are just bad analogies.
By geigei 2015-06-07 03:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look another innocent player got banned.
 Asura.Vial
Server: Asura
user: Suture
By Asura.Vial 2015-06-07 06:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they're trying to do away with the botting/clippering with a serious consequence. If you didn't use any of it, that sucks and I feels for ya ... but if so that's your fault.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-07 13:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to be judgmental in a 2 month old thread. Hopefully dude has moved on by now.
[+]
 Asura.Vial
By Asura.Vial 2015-06-07 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Way to be judgmental in a 2 month old thread. Hopefully dude has moved on by now.

Hopefully.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-08 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason left to bot/clip anymore? Everything is so braindead easy and accessible as opposed to the old days. I can't imagine anyone still doing it for "convenience", game is already QOL'd down to the lowest degree.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-08 14:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there any reason left to bot/clip anymore? Everything is so braindead easy and accessible as opposed to the old days. I can't imagine anyone still doing it for "convenience", game is already QOL'd down to the lowest degree.

Yes and no. There are a few good reasons, but they don't justify it's use. If you want to use them or associate with those who do, have at it, but be prepared to accept the consequences like a man as Fobby did.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 14:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd, I don't get their punishment decisions, it's certainly not a 1 and done thing as I only got a 72hr ban for what I assumed was my Clipper use, hence why I've stopped using it.

Which is largely because I was using it to let my mule keep up with me but I suppose I got a bit carried away and was flee-speeding everywhere.

Might have laughed if I got jailed and a GM just said "Sir, do you know how fast you were clipping back there?"
By missdivine 2015-06-09 03:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of using flee-speeding? just teleport with maint flag on then turn it off to avoid being caught. Flee speeding around is stupid.
 Asura.Vial
By Asura.Vial 2015-06-09 05:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Yes and no. There are a few good reasons, but they don't justify it's use. If you want to use them or associate with those who do, have at it, but be prepared to accept the consequences like a man as Fobby did.

Very well said.