Yorcia Alluvion 3-3-3 Strategies?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-08-13
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Yorcia Alluvion 3-3-3 Strategies?
Yorcia Alluvion 3-3-3 Strategies?
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Currently duoing 2-2-1 with a friend and I have a mule that covers Book duties. We seem to make it to floor 4 no problem with a II body but once we hit 4 I can definitely say the difficulty does ramp up. I do feel that each time we do the 4th floor the enemy resistance tends to vary. First couple of times we got there we did the 1k Fragments into Puissance to keep the starting waves at bay, we then buff the mobs to level 2 and summon some worms for base defense while amassing a wall of crabs into coli and some Coeurl's.

Was hoping to hear of some group strategies so we can improve our 2-2-1's and curious if the wave respawns can vary in size and spawn times? We are hoping to start doing 3-3-3's so just making sure we aren't missing anything and also curious if we could get some creep setups for floor 4 and higher :3.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 01:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
One trick is to summon something other than worms right away. Crabs, colibris, or the Shijin will go on ahead, and intercept the enemies away from the base, buying you a little more time.

If you do go with worms though, and they have nothing better to do, pull some Escalents (or Lorissa) their way and they will make short work of them. Be careful if you pull too many and you can't take the hits though. Also, I think I recall that the pink acuex won't drop anything if killed by Valiant dudes.

With SMN or GEO, you can also summon avatars/luopans and delay the enemies coming for the stronghold, since they will be targeted. Haven't tried this with trusts or other pet jobs (due to recasts), so I can't say how effective this would be. On RUN (with Epeolatry), I sometimes will grab a bunch of incoming enemies and kite them around if people are struggling to find anything, but like the other strategies, this only buys so much time.
 Sylph.Oraen
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
Posts: 2053
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-22 01:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I no longer summon worms at all, anymore. You want to meet the enemies away from the marchland, as their AoEs can still damage it even if you have defenders. Colibris, crabs, the Shijin and any of the quick or defensive mobs are good to get out quickly.

If you need to get better amounts of puissance, not to make this too simplistic, but just go BLU. Seriously, BLU is the king of Yorcia Alluvion. AoE all elementals, piercing spells for butterflies, magic hammer to refill MP constantly. I've been the only damage source in 5/5/5 runs and we've always won. You just need a good MAB set.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 741
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-22 02:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
When I came back, I was on the book a few times. Here's the advice I was given.

Summon whatever is directly underneath the worms in the list, if there isn't anything, level up instead.

I learned later:
If the enemy ever makes it to the marshland once they have been driven away. It's probably time to pop the key.

BLU really does own that skirmish.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 02:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
All very good information, thank you so much guys. Keep it coming :3.
 Phoenix.Ardiem
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Ardiem
Posts: 131
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2015-04-22 02:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
My strategy is basically what everyone else has suggested already. I spawn 5 crabs immediately. Then I take stock of whats going on fast. If we're overwhelming them and crabs are still up, and nothing is near the Marchland I Amend the book. Then I summon colibri and then Coeurl or Shijin. If we need more damage to knock their numbers down I'll summon Colibri and shijin first.

If I get into dire straights because kills are too slow or we're getting overwhelmed, I'll convert Obsidian Shards into Puissance to buy some more time for the party, usually this is only needed on the higher floors during 444 or better though.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 03:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Was also curious on which is harder to do between Rala or Cirdas as 3/3/3 with a lower than average amount of members? I ask because Cirdas III sells for half of a Yorcia and Rala is about 60k. I assume rala is the most annoying due to its price? Just was trying to cut down on 3/3/3 costs >.>.
 Shiva.Aisuu
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: aisukage
Posts: 29
By Shiva.Aisuu 2015-04-22 04:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
When you go up floors it gets faster and harder. for example if you get points quick enougth on the first 2 floors you can win just by summoning 5 crabs and colibris before their mobs lvl up. (only if quick on the point income though)

floor 3 + you will notice i gets a little harder to do that as it feels like the enemies mobs lvl up quicker or are summoned slightly stronger to begin with so

this is generally what i do with a bit of change depending on the situation of course but

3/4 crabs > 2/3 colibri > shijin > upgrade > 5 admantoise ( very tanky and can hold their own for awhile) > upgrade > 5 Tomes (these tomes will win you the floor once out.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-22 05:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Rala is more expensive due to it mostly dropping Snow stones whereas Cirdas has a preference for Leaf stones, which also drop in both other areas.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 05:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Rala is more expensive due to it mostly dropping Snow stones whereas Cirdas has a preference for Leaf stones, which also drop in both other areas.
Ah, so its more strict to what drops. Yeah I rather not get any more Leaf stones than I already have.
 Phoenix.Erics
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
Posts: 511
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-22 06:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Cirdas has a preference for Leaf stones, which also drop in both other areas.
lol im sorry, no, the zone with a preference for leaf stone is yorcia. I did enough skirmish on yorcia to finish collecting each set and a few taeons sets for mab, waltz, dw, and tp.

Then i stopped doing it and switched to cirdas only. Snow is the main drop there i would only do t5/3/3 and highers a body over 3 doesnt matter most of the time. Ive only been screwed over by the floor stopping completion before getting to 10(max) items a couple times out of 80-100+ since yorcia update came out.

I was able to make about 300mil in 2-3 weeks after it came out while still augmenting my armor. I finished the alex for koga at the same time as augmenting my taeon sets, acro, telchine and helios (including 5 weapons) idk how much total ive made from it but i was able to finish koga (210mil~) and spend around 150mil in augments when i started with around 10mil to buy pop sets with. I wasnt making hardley any money in yorcia but even as a helper in cirdas on 5/3/3+ pops i ended up making made 5mil off 3 runs the other day even when my pop dropped junk. Cirdas is godly for gil right now and snow stones in general. If you do a set of 6 you can expect a stack of snowslit/dims+1 and multiple dim/slit+2s if you use ring or sword which sell for 700-900k each on phoenix ive gotten up to 4-5 +2 in a single pool 1-3 is more common but joker and pink seem to happen more often there. Ive also seen 3 pink in the same run before.
[+]
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 06:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Erics said: »
Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Cirdas has a preference for Leaf stones, which also drop in both other areas.
lol im sorry, no, the zone with a preference for leaf stone is yorcia. I did enough skirmish on yorcia to finish collecting each set and a few taeons sets for mab, waltz, dw, and tp.

Then i stopped doing it and switched to cirdas only. Snow is the main drop there i would only do t5/3/3 and highers a body over 3 doesnt matter most of the time. Ive only been screwed over by the floor stopping completion before getting to 10(max) items a couple times out of 80-100+ since yorcia update came out.

I was able to make about 300mil in 2-3 weeks after it came out while still augmenting my armor. I finished the alex for koga at the same time as augmenting my taeon sets, acro, telchine and helios (including 5 weapons) idk how much total ive made from it but i was able to finish koga (210mil~) and spend around 150mil in augments when i started with around 10mil to buy pop sets with. I wasnt making hardley any money in yorcia but even as a helper in cirdas on 5/3/3+ pops i ended up making made 5mil off 3 runs the other day even when my pop dropped junk. Cirdas is godly for gil right now and snow stones in general. If you do a set of 6 you can expect a stack of snowslit/dims+1 and multiple dim/slit+2s if you use ring or sword which sell for 700-900k each on phoenix ive gotten up to 4-5 +2 in a single pool 1-3 is more common but joker and pink seem to happen more often there. Ive also seen 3 pink in the same run before.
Thanks for the info, I think the only issue I face is the lack of information on how Cirdas works. I suppose I can fire up a 1/1/1 to get the feel of it.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-22 06:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Oops, you're right.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: shagg
Posts: 164
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-04-22 06:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Currently duoing 2-2-1 with a friend and I have a mule that covers Book duties. We seem to make it to floor 4 no problem with a II body but once we hit 4 I can definitely say the difficulty does ramp up. I do feel that each time we do the 4th floor the enemy resistance tends to vary. First couple of times we got there we did the 1k Fragments into Puissance to keep the starting waves at bay, we then buff the mobs to level 2 and summon some worms for base defense while amassing a wall of crabs into coli and some Coeurl's.

Was hoping to hear of some group strategies so we can improve our 2-2-1's and curious if the wave respawns can vary in size and spawn times? We are hoping to start doing 3-3-3's so just making sure we aren't missing anything and also curious if we could get some creep setups for floor 4 and higher :3.

I asked somewhere in this thread a while back while i was learning to do the book, and this is whats served me best since:

If at any time you have mobs hitting the marsh, summon 1-3 worms depending how bad it looks, otherwise don't summon any worms

start out with colibri. They move at flee speed so the initial battle between mobs will be further from the marchland. you don't want AOE hitting the march or you, and you'd rather not waste points on worms.

floors 1 & 2: 2-4 colibri > Shijin > remaining colibri > crabs (if needed). that should be enough. If your drowning in points upgrade and summon anything but the turtles, they walk too slow to matter here.

Floors 3 - 5+: 2-3 colibri > shijin > upgrade > 2 adamantois (slow moving, but it will take a while for them to die) > upgrade > 2 wyverns > Tomes

Tomes are great against crowds, their aoe spells are devastating, but they're squishy as hell and move a little slow so make sure you have something a little sturdier engaging the mobs before you send them in. Also if the Shijin dies resummon it as soon as you can.

After a few runs if you're comfortable with your groups competence, you can squeeze by on 1 colibri > shijin for the higher floors
 Phoenix.Erics
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
Posts: 511
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-22 07:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Thanks for the info, I think the only issue I face is the lack of information on how Cirdas works. I suppose I can fire up a 1/1/1 to get the feel of it.
its pretty easy to learn each floor has a random objective not sure im going to remember them all but
*kill x amount of mobs
*free floor (straight to boss)
*touch x amount of rifts
*kill windrinder(single butterfly)

then there are special floors
*kill jester you actually have to kill the jester in this version bring holy waters and have a whm who can sacrifice in case he does aoe impact. At half-ish HP he will do either PD/invinc/ or chain spell if you have a thief you want to have them save larc for chainspell because it will spam sleep, meteor, impact, etc.
*kill 4 nms there are no fodder monsters on these floors just 4 nms
*pinky acuex random pop drops +2s i have seen up to 3 on different floors in a single run

everyfloor except 4nm floor ends with kill 1 mistmaw after first objective is met.

There are 4 random mistmaws that can appear each NM has a slot for a weapon nq/+1/ and +2 stone drop on the same kill i bring thf because nms can end up saving an otherwise crappy run. Im only giving type instead of name because i cant remember atm:
*bugard (sleepga,break, conal break ws with hate reset)
*giant black gnat meebles boss type (sleepga,Aoe tp reset ws, single target all stat down ws, chain spells at low hp spams only blizzaga3)
*red golem (sleepga, volcanic wrath WS: hpdown/high dmg burn)
*behemoth (sleepga thunder strike aoe stun, amnesiac blast, eliptic meteor (bio para blind i think) and thunder based spells appears to level up after using warcry when fighting from front, weak to darkness sc)

one last thing in all the runs ive done ive never seen a 4NM floor and a jester in the same run also if you're more than a few floors in 4NM runs usually give you the *completed all areas of this skirmish* after ths first mob but you can finish killing the rest.
i usually bring ddx4,whm,brd but brd can be a geo or cor too or swap some dds for buffers. Could 3-4man it with whm buffer and 1-2 really good DD even on 5/5/5
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 11:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cirdas is definitely the easier than Rala due to having easier NMs. I personally prefer going as RUN for both just because the NMs (except perhaps the Uragnite) can be managed with good resistances and Wards. GEO's vex/attunement, WHM barspells, or even good stunners can be very useful in both to keep melees alive.

--Rala NMs--
Corse: Uses aoe Impact, aoe Comet, Meteor, and other typical Corse moves, including Dance Macabre and Hadal Summons.
Gallu (Kroni): Uses a variety of elements in both WSs and nukes. Uses Mighty Strikes at low HP. Is a demon, so susceptible to Demon Killer.
Dvergr: Has nukes, including Meteor, which can be dangerous if he hits you with Curse, Magic Defense Down, etc. Has an Amnesia move at low HP, I forget what it's called. Very magic resistant from what I've seen.
Uragnite: Crappiest NM in Alluvion. Painful Whip is 1 hit for severe damage (blinkable), Virulent Haze adds a strong burn, and when he goes into his shell, he'll give a poison and doom aura. Mages and COR do fairly well on him since they can attack when he's in the shell, at least. Also casts Waterga and Dispelga.

--Cirdas NMs--
Fat Gnat: Will use ice-based spells as well as Chainspell Blizzaga III. Otherwise, I don't recall anything crazy, but the WSs are kinda annoying and most attacks are aoe.
Golem: Favors fire spells and attacks. Probably the easiest Alluvion NM.
Behemoth: Not hard if you can bring him down without many level ups from Howl. Uses all Behemoth WSs including Ecliptic Meteor (rarely, or maybe just once at low HP?). Yell at people to position themselves in back to reduce Howl chance, though he'll turn after each WS.
Bugard: Pretty much just does Earth stuff like Breakga, Slowga, Stonega, etc. Turn from Awful Eye to avoid petrify and hate reset, and keep mages back of course.

Balamor: Drops any weapon plus stones, pretty much every single form of damage he has is dark based, from my experience, so RUN trumps him quite well. Is a demon, so circle/breaker works great. Does have an aoe doom so bring holy waters and keep mages back. If you happen to have melees who aren't capable of withstanding the aoe, they can TP up on butterflies nearby.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2015-04-22 21:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Cirdas is definitely the easier than Rala due to having easier NMs. I personally prefer going as RUN for both just because the NMs (except perhaps the Uragnite) can be managed with good resistances and Wards. GEO's vex/attunement, WHM barspells, or even good stunners can be very useful in both to keep melees alive.

--Rala NMs--
Corse: Uses aoe Impact, aoe Comet, Meteor, and other typical Corse moves, including Dance Macabre and Hadal Summons.
Gallu (Kroni): Uses a variety of elements in both WSs and nukes. Uses Mighty Strikes at low HP. Is a demon, so susceptible to Demon Killer.
Dvergr: Has nukes, including Meteor, which can be dangerous if he hits you with Curse, Magic Defense Down, etc. Has an Amnesia move at low HP, I forget what it's called. Very magic resistant from what I've seen.
Uragnite: Crappiest NM in Alluvion. Painful Whip is 1 hit for severe damage (blinkable), Virulent Haze adds a strong burn, and when he goes into his shell, he'll give a poison and doom aura. Mages and COR do fairly well on him since they can attack when he's in the shell, at least. Also casts Waterga and Dispelga.

--Cirdas NMs--
Fat Gnat: Will use ice-based spells as well as Chainspell Blizzaga III. Otherwise, I don't recall anything crazy, but the WSs are kinda annoying and most attacks are aoe.
Golem: Favors fire spells and attacks. Probably the easiest Alluvion NM.
Behemoth: Not hard if you can bring him down without many level ups from Howl. Uses all Behemoth WSs including Ecliptic Meteor (rarely, or maybe just once at low HP?). Yell at people to position themselves in back to reduce Howl chance, though he'll turn after each WS.
Bugard: Pretty much just does Earth stuff like Breakga, Slowga, Stonega, etc. Turn from Awful Eye to avoid petrify and hate reset, and keep mages back of course.

Balamor: Drops any weapon plus stones, pretty much every single form of damage he has is dark based, from my experience, so RUN trumps him quite well. Is a demon, so circle/breaker works great. Does have an aoe doom so bring holy waters and keep mages back. If you happen to have melees who aren't capable of withstanding the aoe, they can TP up on butterflies nearby.
You say Cirdas is easier and while all the NMs look tame,the Joker does worry me quite a bit. I wouldn't be doing 4/4/4 or 5/5/5, just hoping I could do something at 3/3/3 without relying on a specific job like THF or WHM >3>. Really looking at the less conventional setups. Really just curious if you have to do WHM and THF for that or can you pet burn it?
 Phoenix.Erics
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
Posts: 511
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-22 22:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
the Joker does worry me quite a bit.
the joker is in both zones as a random floor boss. Bst can work there but you still need a couple of people. 3/3/3 pops are almost 900k on this server so i would recommend taking enough people to be sure you will win.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hyriu
Posts: 51
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-04-22 22:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
wat @ Uragnite being the crappiest NM in Alluvion? You can just stun it with a RDM and it becomes the fastest NM in Rala...
 Phoenix.Erics
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
Posts: 511
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-23 08:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Verda said: »
Duskstones seem to be the most expensive ones now, not snowstones.
except for the part where they rarely drop good ones worth anything opposed to cirdas snow stones where on a 5/5/5 you can expect 1-2+2 a run but ive seen more. You get more per run even with less value per stone. The snow +1s fill the pool and are 200-300k each for slit/dims which arent uncommon, also each nm can drop nq/+1/+2 stones it has a slot for all 3 to drop.

I avg 1-3mil per run as a non popper with popping you can generally expect 2-7mil+ for a 5/3/3+(i use cheaper body/leg since i usually get 10 item pool without extra minimum floor assistance) i think out of about 80~ pops 1/10th of them ended with "completed all areas" screwing you over msg but the good runs more than make up for the occasional loss. The gil amount is depending on the run and joker/pink appearing. Ive spammed the crap out of yorcia (all high tier pops i dont waste time on low tier) before i gave up on it and i've rarely seen +2 dusk in pool. I would maybe, every 3 runs or so, get either a +1 or a +2 dusk in pool with a ton of worthless leaf stones the +1 snow stones are worth more than +2 leaf stones.

In the end its better to spam cirdas for gil and buy the dusk stones if you really need them for augmenting unless none are up.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-23 10:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
You say Cirdas is easier and while all the NMs look tame,the Joker does worry me quite a bit. I wouldn't be doing 4/4/4 or 5/5/5, just hoping I could do something at 3/3/3 without relying on a specific job like THF or WHM >3>. Really looking at the less conventional setups. Really just curious if you have to do WHM and THF for that or can you pet burn it?
I usually go RUN myself, and bring like a buffer, healer, and some more DD's. I don't think any jobs are required for these, but when you look at the NMs, I think it paints a picture of what kind of abilities you might want on hand. I'm sure pet jobs would do just fine here.

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
wat @ Uragnite being the crappiest NM in Alluvion? You can just stun it with a RDM and it becomes the fastest NM in Rala...
You can, and stuns from any job help, but in a group where you don't/can't stun it or bring some good healing or protection, it can wipe groups faster than any other NM. I think I kill the Gallu fastest in my runs.
Log in to post.