Alluvion Bow Set (April 2015)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Alluvion Bow Set (April 2015)
Alluvion Bow Set (April 2015)
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-10 23:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334444 ItemSet 334434 ItemSet 334416
Store TP: +32 Store TP: +68
TP: 228.56% TP: 265.44%

Quote:
+ Beginning TP (After WS*) --> 0218% TP
+ 3X Shot --> 0796% TP
= Ending TP --> 1014% TP

*Assume one shot after the initial shot from Jishnu's Radiance Misses.

Augments
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-11 00:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Will crit hit rate +5 beat weapon skill damage +7?
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-11 01:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Will crit hit rate +5 beat weapon skill damage +7?

Not sure. this setup is based on my liking, not what is best. What concerns me about the WS DMG +7% is that it only affects the first hit.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-11 02:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd keep the crit fo sho
By Pantafernando 2015-04-11 05:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the crit +5%, thats 5 chances over 100 to deal extra 25% (ranged crits are extra 1,25 factor to pdif) in dmg (not considering critdmg equipment), so overall, an increase of 1,25% (5*25/100), though crit rate can also affect your normal hits and barrage, while wsd just ws.

Would need a spreadsheet to verify whats best.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-11 05:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be wrong about the augment having Critical Hit Rate +5%. I think the cap is +4%.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-04-11 08:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Using the crit +5%, thats 5 chances over 100 to deal extra 25% (ranged crits are extra 1,25 factor to pdif) in dmg (not considering critdmg equipment), so overall, an increase of 1,25% (5*25/100), though crit rate can also affect your normal hits and barrage, while wsd just ws.

Would need a spreadsheet to verify whats best.

Think you forgot that RNG got Dead Aim JT a longtime ago which is an extra 45% crit dmg @ 99; doesn't count on WS though.

Though you might of meant for just the WS but its badly worded and someone might read it as all ranged attacks only get 25% extra dmg.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-11 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Amini +1 body coming out ahead over Augmented Taeon for ranged attacks when attack is not capped since Amini +1 has 7% more ranged attack with Velocity Shot up. When attack is capped, Taeon wins.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-11 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
I have Amini +1 body coming out ahead over Augmented Taeon for ranged attacks when attack is not capped since Amini +1 has 7% more ranged attack with Velocity Shot up. When attack is capped, Taeon wins.

Oh, I didn't know that the body gave Range Attack as well. I thought it only gave the snapshot effect. Will update for sure then.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-25 19:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new gear last update, I think this set up should yield the highest DPS. I Haven't had time to experiment with varying many of the targets or with Taeon augments. I think Taeon feet would probably win for feet on both TP and WS and that head may win for WS (with appropriate augments). I think Pursuer's Beret consistently outperforms Arcadian +1, so you can probably demerit Recycle if you want. Definitely use STR earring/ring on Jishnu if your fSTR isn't capped. Note that this doesn't consider augments for the Pursuer pieces.

ItemSet 335526

ItemSet 335527
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-25 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »

Source? Afaik, the 7% listed on the equipment has only been confirmed to effect ranged delay. Wouldn't be hard to check if one had it, though.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-26 03:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How would dps from your set compare to a 3 hit build? Also the augments on pursuer's beret are downright depressing.
At rank 7 your options are:
A - AGI 6, rapid shot 6, subtle blow 4
B - DEX 4, AGI 6, recycle 7
C - HP 28, acc 12, atk 7
D - r atk 7, enm -3, subtle blow 4
I haven't thrown any more eschalixirs at it because I can't imagine the 4th augment would make up for the others.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-26 09:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
I think Pursuer's Beret consistently outperforms Arcadian +1, so you can probably demerit Recycle if you want.

edit: I retract my first post. I was going to say that I don't think we can stop using Arcadian+1 just yet, but I ran the numbers on your set, and it does actually do very well. You're able to 4-hit without recycle procs.

Is it worth it though? I still get Arcadian+1 being slightly higher DPS by just plugging it into your TP set, against Tojil. We also lose a LOT less ammo having 90% recycle. Hopefully SE adds new ammo soon, as it's already getting very difficult to get people near delve.

The +ratk boost while velocity shot is legit. You can just equip caban, or the Amini NQ and /checkparam yourself. It's 5% for NQ, 7% for Amini+1. (caban+2 was also 5%)
[+]
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-05-26 09:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I have to agree with Orestes, how is that helm beating out relic? not to mention you don't even get any acc/atk from the +skill when using a bow.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-26 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I think Pursuer's Beret consistently outperforms Arcadian +1, so you can probably demerit Recycle if you want.

edit: I retract my first post. I was going to say that I don't think we can stop using Arcadian+1 just yet, but I ran the numbers on your set, and it does actually do very well. You're able to 4-hit without recycle procs.

Is it worth it though? I still get Arcadian+1 being slightly higher DPS by just plugging it into your TP set, against Tojil. We also lose a LOT less ammo having 90% recycle. Hopefully SE adds new ammo soon, as it's already getting very difficult to get people near delve.

The +ratk boost while velocity shot is legit. You can just equip caban, or the Amini NQ and /checkparam yourself. It's 5% for NQ, 7% for Amini+1. (caban+2 was also 5%)

Hmm, I move from a 4 hit to a 5 hit if I swap out the head for relic, but even if I add enough STP to regain my 4 hit, it's still losing to Pursuer. I have the two sets on that I posted, subbing Warrior, eating RCB, Velocity Shot, Sweet Spot, and no other buffs other than Flurry II.

Flashy and Stealth shot are pretty underwhelming, I hear ya. I was just saying that if Arcadian Beret +1 is beaten then Recycle isn't mandatory. Also thanks for confirming the Caban.

Shiva.Keman said: »
yeah I have to agree with Orestes, how is that helm beating out relic? not to mention you don't even get any acc/atk from the +skill when using a bow.

It still gives 23 ranged attack on its own.
[+]
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-05-26 19:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you go down in a hit build? That head only has 5stp on it, I don't know the exact math but I believe that would be like a 5% increase to TP per hit or something.

If you have a 4hit that would be about 25 tp per shot. (on a 100 to WS scale) which would be like a 1.2 TP gain per hit. So after 4 shots you would gain 3.6TP

Where as with relic +1 being nice and saying you only have a 2/4 recycle (imo 3/4 should be doable). That would be 10TP after 4 shots.

I'm sure my math is way off(becuase I know very little about FFXI math), but how are you going down a hit in an STP build again?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-27 00:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, I'm investigating. Base TP is 168 per hit. STP+5 would yield 168*1.05=176. If you recycle at capped rate, 90% of the time, on average you would gain an additional 50*.9=45 TP, and 168+45=213.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-05-27 01:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new gear last update, I think this set up should yield the highest DPS. I Haven't had time to experiment with varying many of the targets or with Taeon augments. I think Taeon feet would probably win for feet on both TP and WS and that head may win for WS (with appropriate augments). I think Pursuer's Beret consistently outperforms Arcadian +1, so you can probably demerit Recycle if you want. Definitely use STR earring/ring on Jishnu if your fSTR isn't capped. Note that this doesn't consider augments for the Pursuer pieces.

ItemSet 335526

ItemSet 335527

This set may yield the highest DPS on rng, but what content actually uses RNG that isn't really high or really dangerous? Just having a hard time seeing you capping accuracy with this set on any relevant content, especially using RCB.

Also, I posted this in the Pew Pew guide...Did anyone ever establish whether or not the Weapon Skill Accuracy Augment on Taeon carried to Ranged Weaponskills?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-27 02:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It has good accuracy on Tojil. Anything higher in evasion and you may have to sacrifice your Xhit build unless you account for buffs/food. You can change out feet, body, and main+sub (preferably in that order I believe) for additional accuracy gear. You can be much more liberal with accuracy on the WS set.

Concerning my Aracadian Beret +1 vs Pursuer's Beret analysis, it appears that the Recycle TP bonus isn't working on the spreadsheet. Vary your Recycle merits with Arcadian +1, it won't change your DPS (or sometimes it will negatively effect it). I'm still investigating, but does anyone have a working spreadsheet? I have the most recent version. It appears it worked as intended at one time according to the thread on BlueGartr.

I've also spotted the following errors that should be changed:

On the Weaponskill page, change cell B5 to:
=Data!H116

On the Weaponskill page, change B538 to:
=Data!I116

On the Data page, change G148 to:
=IF(OR(R.Gear!Z11="Scout +2",R.Gear!Z11="Arcadian"), 5%, IF(R.Gear!Z11="Arcadian +1", 7%, 0))

You can read the error report in depth here
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-27 10:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil is pretty low level content nowadays.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-27 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I haven't had time to vary the targets like I said. I've been working on fixing the Recycle procs. I think I've figured it out, so I'll likely revise my sets with Arcadian Beret.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-27 16:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 335001
That's my precast when I have flurry (1). Capped snapshot with as much rapid shot as I could find to mix in. If there are pieces of rapid shot gear that I missed I would like to know!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-27 17:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
ItemSet 335001
That's my precast when I have flurry (1). Capped snapshot with as much rapid shot as I could find to mix in. If there are pieces of rapid shot gear that I missed I would like to know!

Last I saw, it is unknown if Velocity Shot is part of the Snapshot +70 cap, unless someone did reliable testing to prove as much.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-27 17:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's unknown, the way Matsui worded things (he mentioned job abilities) made it sound like VS would be part of the cap.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-28 01:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can't figure out what's wrong with Recycle on the spread sheets. I thought I had it fixed but turned out I was wrong. I think it has something to do with row 120 on the data page. If anyone has a working spreadsheet I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-28 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can't figure out what's wrong with Recycle on the spread sheets. I thought I had it fixed but turned out I was wrong. I think it has something to do with row 120 on the data page. If anyone has a working spreadsheet I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

* If you want a ghetto fix, just copy the formula from F119 to F120 and G119 to G120.

Otherwise..

I'm using calc, but this should be similar in excel. There's two broken Named Ranges you'll need to fix.

The two you'll need to modify are Set1RecycleTP and Set2RecycleTP. If you double click one of them in the Range name dialog, it should take you to the Data Tab and highlight cell F120 for the first, and G120 for the second, like you mentioned. These are blank cells, hence recycle not working. (I don't use excel, but maybe THIS will help)

To fix this in Calc, I goto Insert > Names > Define. I select Set1RecycleTP in the dialog, and it outlines F120 in red. I then highlight the correct cell that it should be referencing F119. Click "Modify" and the issue is resolved.

You can goto the WeaponSkill tab, and the TRUE/FALSE values for recycle proc's should now be showing up.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-28 17:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that already, and that's when I thought I had it fixed. But if you unequip relic head and put on something else and vary your recycle merits, your DPS changes... and it shouldn't. So something else is going on I think. If you have your relic hat off and vary your Recycle merits, Set1RecycleTP stays the same. It's just your DPS and not your Recycle TP and I can't figure out why.

This makes me wonder about even with Relic hat on w/ Recycle merits and the name range fixed if I'm still getting inaccurate results.

edit just to be clear, what do you think the true/false cells should look like? I would assume they SHOULD be all false if I have no Recycle merits/relic hat on, but I still see some true values. This is with the Set1RecycleTP change.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-28 23:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

edit just to be clear, what do you think the true/false cells should look like? I would assume they SHOULD be all false if I have no Recycle merits/relic hat on, but I still see some true values. This is with the Set1RecycleTP change.

At first glance it made my head hurt trying to figure out how he's handling things. I think they still show up true, because RNG has recylce job trait and it will proc regardless. The columns following the true/false cells should determine if the recycle proc resulted in a lower rounds/ws average. I'm away from the dps sheet right now, so I could be remembering it completely wrong lol

All I noticed, is once I fixed the named ranges I could remove arcadian head, and my rounds/ws would go up, as expected.

I'll look again after I sleep.
[+]
First Page 2