Linking PC to PS4 Possible
 Bismarck.Antonious
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Antonious
By Bismarck.Antonious 2015-01-13 12:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I'm going to try to explain this as best as I can. I have a SE account. I play on the PC and my wife plays on the PS4 under the same SE account. We have different game accounts if that makes sense, meaning we play together at the same time so while we are on the same SE account, our actual game account is separate so we are able to play together. I hope that makes sense to you all.

Since we have a copy for each system on the one SE account, am I able to set it up so I can log my character in on the PS4?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-13 13:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure. If you can already play together, I suppose that's that.

From what I understand you can play across systems if you have the copies for each system but Macros, map markers, hotkeys, HUD layout, etc. do not transfer. So if you logged in on the PC and your wife logged in on the PS4 you would have your stuff set up, but if you log in to PS4 and she logs into PC, these things will be set to default as though you never set them up, or so I'd assume.

If you already have the copies for each you might as well try.

I'm not sure I understand how you can both play while sharing an account though.
 Bismarck.Antonious
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Antonious
By Bismarck.Antonious 2015-01-13 13:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, maybe I was wrong. So I log into the mog station under the same ID and Password, but we have 2 accounts on there. The first account is mine, the second hers, but we are under the same log-in ID and Password.

Am I unable to play my character's account on the PS4? Like I'd have to get another ps4 code to link it to my (number 1) account?